• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, holy fucking shijaaaaaat. Yesterday, I looked at my bookshelf and noticed that my Mushishi collection goes 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 7 -> 8-9-10. At first I thought I had just put vol 6 elsewhere but after some searching I started to remember that maybe I had just not bought it when I was collecting it a few years ago. I assume this is the reason I don't have it yet:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0345501667/?tag=neogaf0e-20

~1000-3400$ O_O;

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=179677

I wonder if that happens often.

Kinda. For CR's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure subs they used Viz' manga names. Vanilla Ice -> Cool Ice, J. Geil -> Centerfold, Steely Dan -> Dan of Steel.

Part 4 will be fun since thats when all the stands become musical references. They will probably just use the localized All Star Battle names.

bobohoro

Keijo Anime?
Hopefully it covers the current arc. That's where it went from being a silly novelity to an actual great shounen sports manga.

Tomo-chan 243

D'awwww.~

Zweizer

Banned
Kinda. For CR's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure subs they used Viz' manga names. Vanilla Ice -> Cool Ice, J. Geil -> Centerfold, Steely Dan -> Dan of Steel.

Part 4 will be fun since thats when all the stands become musical references. They will probably just use the localized All Star Battle names.

These are official translations though. I'd imagine it's far less consistent for unofficial ones.

Helck 62

img000013.png

Holy crap!

Attack on Titan 78

Oh for fucks sake... I don't need any BS explanation he should've died

Oh and I never knew transforming into the giant titan would set off a nuke lol

Attack on Titan 78

I have three problems with this chapter. First, we learn that people with Titan powers have hax and can survive their heads being chopped off. Two, when has it ever been shown that the colossal Titan transformation could be a large scale bomb? Three, the pacing is ridiculously slow; 45 pages for about 2 minutes of progression.

Fairy Tail 472

I swear Hiro's fascination with drawing young girls with large knows no bounds.

Nanatsu no Taizai 160

I want to see more of Escanor!

Attack on Titan 78

lol whatever. If anyone ever says that Attack on Titan isn't afraid to kill off people again I'm just going to fucking laugh.

He somehow fought off Mikasa and Levi...at the same time and only lost an ear? Lucky, I guess.

Akito

Attack on Titan 78

lol whatever. If anyone ever says that Attack on Titan isn't afraid to kill off people again I'm just going to fucking laugh.

He somehow fought off Mikasa and Levi...at the same time and only lost an ear? Lucky, I guess.
He "only" fended off Mikasa as far as I can tell.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Attack on Titan

Fuck this manga.

Reiner should be dead. Fuck this.

Yeah it's awful, really feel's like the author's making up shit for the it. The chapter felt like I was reading bleach. All tension has completely gone for these guys, You can't get more freaking fatal than having your head blown off.

Funny thing about Attack on Titan is how far removed it is from the first few chapters that hooked everyone to begin with. Haven't felt that desolation from humanity's situation vibe in years. Everyone is terrible at talking stuff out as well, even if Armin tries.

Keijo 42-53

Yeah this is a lot better after it said "fuck it" and decided to be as ridiculous as possible.

Funny thing about Attack on Titan is how far removed it is from the first few chapters that hooked everyone to begin with. Haven't felt that desolation from humanity's situation vibe in years. Everyone is terrible at talking stuff out as well, even if Armin tries.

Keijo 42-53

Yeah this is a lot better after it said "fuck it" and decided to be as ridiculous as possible.
I started reading Attack on Titan in 2013 and the first 30 chapters were fantastic. The despair and loneliness you felt for Humanity was great. The mystery of the Titans doesn't weigh on my mind like it did back then.

Food Wars! 153

Kuga had a cameo! Finally. One chapter closer to his return.

A SoTaku arc is actually incoming for reals? The only thing to make this even more better than I could have ever dreamed is if their opponent wasnt some random unique no name costumed clown. I wonder what the theme will be, how they will combine their talents into one fantastic dish. Will they be bickering and such in the middle of it too in classic SoTaku fashion and then with Taku being all concerned and Soma silently cheering him on? Hopefully the writers wont ruin it and have Tadokoro somehow walk in.

diaspora

Boku dake ga Inai Machi / Erased ch 37

Damn, his mom's monologue really got me. She's been killing it for a while now.

edit: NVM, not his mom's monologue o_O

edit 2: a new season? yooooooooooooooo

Russ T

Banned
Since people are talking about Attack on Titan, I'll just repeat what I said when I binge-read it a couple weeks ago: I actually enjoyed it way more than I expected to, coming off the anime. I think not having to wait for each new chapter to provide yet another small step forward, toward the basement, really helped. But once I caught up I realized I'd made a mistake, because now I DO have to wait. And now it's just frustrating. I don't think it's well-paced in the first place, and if I'd had to read all that content at the rate of chapter releases, I probably would have dropped it somewhere in the middle.

BLack Clover 48

Dorksta sometimes looks younger. But what I like about this manga is how excited and happy he looks and also how he definitely is trying to get better. The sensing the Ki part for example and the way he did his sword. Pretty epic.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku dake ga inai machi 36-37
We're getting closer to the ending now. Satoru goes coma again for 1 years. His mom is still the best mom. So, i guess Satoru not only manage to save his friend, but also stop the killer? It's not quite clear yet, but i hope that's the case.

Is my hobby weird 3-4 (nsfw)

Random girl show up and offer you a place so you can have better quality time. The catch, she's listening... under the bed... she's probably going to join them as well (lol)

CavGcGSUkAEKUh7.jpg:large

the colossal titan is going to rip the basement out of its foundation and run away with it

1322531485272.jpg

They are actually almost there but now shit hit the fan and it'll be 2017 until they do

it being a dream was sad.... Oda please do get healthy for your own sake

Nisekoi 204

Well now they finally make Seishirou know about the false dating that was going on between Chitoge and Raku... I mean it would've a tiny bit mattered early on for some hope to come from this (never was going to happen) ship of Raku and Seishirou... but now using it to crush this ship as a plot point is lol worthy

Dresden

Prison School 205 raw

Kiyoshi! Falling on the knife for everyone! ;_;

This manga just got lewder than ever.

kiyoshi raising the flag

;-;7

---

Erased - 20something to ch37

I'm glad Kayo and Satoru's mother get more panel time. They get more development and the chapters featuring the trio end up being pretty enjoyable, even if it can get too syrupy at times. It's too bad that they get shelved to set up a fistfight between Satoru and the villain, one a wannabe sentai hero and the other a creeplord who as a kid drowned hamsters for fun and helped his brother rape little girls. Just super lazy stuff.

diaspora

But seriously for Attack on Titan I'm out. Those panels talking about the nervous system and consciousness was utter bullshit fuck.

Erigu

But seriously for Attack on Titan I'm out. Those panels talking about the nervous system and consciousness was utter bullshit fuck.
Not sure why you're all acting like that's new information when the idea was introduced back when Levi tried to kill Reiner...

mdubs

Banned
Should have had Mikasa kill Bertolt there.

Instead of Bertolt dying, it was my dreams of us being at least somewhat on the way to an end game

Should have had Mikasa kill Bertolt there.

Instead of Bertolt dying, it was my dreams of us being at least somewhat on the way to an end game

lolno. Remember the Ape Titan is here as well and he hasn't even started fighting and I half expect Ymir or Annie to show up. There will be an outside the walls arc.

Not Lives 24

This is one of the craziest, most bullshit instances of plot armor I have seen. I'm going to need a crazy twist to justify this, like the MC is actually the developer of the game or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom