• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
079b86fb29.jpg

#dead

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Attack on titan 78
Remind me of that Yuyu Hakusho antagonist that can transfer his brain and heart, and basically immortal.

Boku dake ga inai machi - 36~37

One year timeskip after last chapter! So Satoru confided his memories to Ken'ya, but he doesn't believe it and thinks its something Satoru created subconsciously. Anyway, his health has progressed.

Sensei...So Satoru's awakening has caused him to reinvigorate himself. Can't wait for Satoru's meeting with Airi.

bobohoro

Is my hobby weird? 4

Now I can see the endgame. A room full of girls with somewhat unique fetishes.
Next up is smell girl. Believe.

dani_dc

Attack on Titan 78

Usually I think people are too harsh on the series, but the explanation for Reiner to survive was the definition of an ass pull.

The nuke shape was completely out of place and only detracted from the scene.

It looked like Mikasa attacked him from behind and as he was escaping Levi also attacked him

I thought the same at first, but in further inspection I'm pretty sure that was all Mikasa, just a really oddly drawn page.

Mikasa falling, she throws a blade at Bertolt and at the same time rolls herself back to the top of the building, causing him to flee.

Levi isn't anywhere to be seen in this chapter, and if I recall he was tasked with doing something elsewhere.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I think it was a big mistake for the author to give Momo a "desserts" specialty. It's going to make it look even dumber when someone beats her because desserts are so far afield of what any of the people in the dorm do that its going to be highly implausible that anyone would ever beat her at it. It also makes Yukihira look like a huge fucken dope for wanting to challenge her in it since being a pastry chef is practically a different profession.

I mean, the obvious answer is that the author needs to stop making all of the Shokugeki in the specialties of either party.

Shokugeki no Soma

I think it was a big mistake for the author to give Momo a "desserts" specialty. It's going to make it look even dumber when someone beats her because desserts are so far afield of what any of the people in the dorm do that its going to be highly implausible that anyone would ever beat her at it. It also makes Yukihira look like a huge fucken dope for wanting to challenge her in it since being a pastry chef is practically a different profession.

I mean, the obvious answer is that the author needs to stop making all of the Shokugeki in the specialties of either party.

I mean, it doesn't need to be someone from the dorms who beats her technically. And we have no idea what Isshiki specializes in either. Alternatively, the shokugeki could just be one where desserts or main dishes could both be used. Plenty of ingredients could be the theme and would work for either.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 204

I forgot that Tsugomi didn't know Chitoge was in a fake relationship.
Especially since there is no reason she wouldn't have been told by now.

Well this is clearly the start of the arc where Tsugomi gets rejected, the question is how long the arc will be.
I'm guessing around 10-15 chapters since it will likely involve Claude and the organisation. Maybe even having him find out Raku and Chitoge aren't dating to further kick the sorry forward.

Attack On Titan

i don't know why but i lost track of when things stopped being interesting. this latest development doesn't help. they had a chance to shake up the manga with the last decision, but no guts in keeping the situation as is and going back to square one.

I thought the same at first, but in further inspection I'm pretty sure that was all Mikasa, just a really oddly drawn page.

Mikasa falling, she throws a blade at Bertolt and at the same time rolls herself back to the top of the building, causing him to flee.

Levi isn't anywhere to be seen in this chapter, and if I recall he was tasked with doing something elsewhere.

Ok, yeah you are right. But can you blame me when *this* forehead is Mikasa?

I mean, it doesn't need to be someone from the dorms who beats her technically. And we have no idea what Isshiki specializes in either. Alternatively, the shokugeki could just be one where desserts or main dishes could both be used. Plenty of ingredients could be the theme and would work for either.

I cant think of a plot where Isshiki-senpai would need to cook in a serious manner.Would he just magically get his seat back even if the Azami Dynasty fell?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I mean, my point is mostly just that bringing up desserts is a bad idea because its actually incompatible with what everyone else in the series does.

Pastry chefs and regular chefs are totally different.

bobohoro

Pastry chefs and regular chefs are totally different.

While true to some extend, there is quite some overlap in technique and knowledge and noone is stopping a pastry chef from also being a good regular chef, and vice versa. And at least from what I know, most cooking schools or practical cooking educations teach both things to a certain degree, with people choosing later on in which to specialize. Given that Soma has been all about learning from others, incorporating their styles into his own unique brand of cooking and expanding his horizon, it wouldn't be too strange for him to dabble in the finer arts of deserts.

He doesn't have to beat her with traditional stuff (which agreed, would be a bit much) but a Soma-style desert with a twist that manages to surprise and woe the judges wouldn't be totally out of the blue.

elyetis

Dream team vol.25-26
Like always, soooo good. I really like tha pace of the manga, not rushed, plenty of time spent on the characters.

Other books I just bought but were already read in trad ( but since pretty much never comment on it.. ) :
Rin v.5 : we are getting closer to the 'island arc' ( don't really know how to call it ) which is a part of the manga I really didn't like.
Prison School v.7 : In the end boobs are nothing more than fake asses
Chihayafuru v.15 : I really want to see how things evolves, since I got hooked to it by the anime, but I must say I find those match far less interesting in the manga version. :'( That being said their victory felt good.
Sun Ken Rock v.23 : Getting closer to that WTF end of that arc, but who cares about that when pretty much all the panel look so freaking beautifull
Last Game v4 : I don't read that many Shojo, but I'm hooked to that one, I need to see them get together, I just need to.
My story v9 : ok, I still need to read it ( and the 2 previous volumes too... netflix finaly made me have a manga backlog ) but I just wanted an excuse to post the cover :

Angry Grimace

While true to some extend, there is quite some overlap in technique and knowledge and noone is stopping a pastry chef from also being a good regular chef, and vice versa. And at least from what I know, most cooking schools or practical cooking educations teach both things to a certain degree, with people choosing later on in which to specialize. Given that Soma has been all about learning from others, incorporating their styles into his own unique brand of cooking and expanding his horizon, it wouldn't be too strange for him to dabble in the finer arts of deserts.

He doesn't have to beat her with traditional stuff (which agreed, would be a bit much) but a Soma-style desert with a twist that manages to surprise and woe the judges wouldn't be totally out of the blue.

I think the problem is that Soma just randomly showing up with a dessert despite him not knowing how to do shit in the pastry field would be ridiculous, but that's exactly what tends to happen (e.g. he wants to challenge her to a fight immediately despite the fact he would get his ass handed to him)

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
keijoo 76

inb4 cosmic tries to tell people this is a totally realistic series with just a little suspension of disbelief

cSyHoGN.gif

Lain

Ok, yeah you are right. But can you blame me when *this* forehead is Mikasa?

I don't blame you. Not only the art is... shaky, but the author even forgets detail from panel to panel (just got done going through volume 17, Eren at the start has those weird things under his eyes after getting out of the giant, though from panel to panel they aren't there and then they are there, which made me wonder where the fuck was Eren at one point, until I realized "wait, that must be Eren").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom