• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma: "I have a secret plan but I'm not going to tell Tadokoro what it is for reasons."

Checks out.

Lain

What kind?

I really need to get back into Saki, I wanna get on the anime too

Kind of onomatopea handling?

This kind (taken from volume 2 of Love at Fourteen):
first time encountered in the volume said:
Patan
(shut)
Japanese onomatopea
every time the sound repeats thereafter said:
Patan
Japanese onomatopea

I'm fine with not touching the Japanese text and not providing a translation, removing it and changing it with a translation, putting the translation at the border of the page, putting the translation on top or below or on the side of the Japanese text.
The way they do it instead annoys me greatly. I'd prefer they just translated the sound or at least kept the translation with the other 2 for consistency and because I can't remember what every onomatopea is supposed to mean (wai doesn't make me think about chatter, to be honest).
But I understand it is something that only annoys me, because I haven't seen anyone complain about it and it keeps being done that way.

They also got Taboo Tattoo. Someone here reads it right?

Soma

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! 61-80

I wanna say that he's way too dense for her but she's just as dense so they kinda deserve each other.

Either way Misuzu is the best

Turok_TTZ

Tomo-chan is a girl! 71-80

Lolololololol. As expected.

Shishunki na Adam 1-16

I like everyone in this series. Especially makina and lucia.
I didnt expect to see bl this intense though. Needs more gl and more smut.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 34-35

U3A8pVM.jpg
BVOOVZ5.jpg

Damn I almost missed this but the Fura that was shown in this chapter of Re is the same guy in Tokyo Ghoul Jack who was with Arima. It seems like CCG is setting up to corner Rose. Tsukiyama is still in a sickly state and we see more of his relationship with Kanae. Now I'm really curious on how strong that new female CCG investigator is. I mean she did fight in the Owl operation.

Also damn Haise knocked on Uta's place. I really want to know what's gonna happen. I mean I really can't figure out Uta's character.

Rhapsody

Banned
Prison School 181

That blush from the underground prez. Also bringing back the vice prez is definitely their only hope right now.

phaze

Attack on Titan 50-70

Well this was quite fun. After hearing they still didn't get to the mythical basement I feared I was in for a lot of padding and not a lot of answers. Fortunately the pace was brisk and while some of the larger mysteries are still understandably uncracked, I got a lot more on that front than I expected. I think I liked the pursuit after armored titan the most but what came after was still decent even if the political plot was very basic. I still unfortunately cannot bring myself to care about any characters , not even sure why. But anytime Ymir or Historia had their inner monologues or flashbacks, I could only roll my eyes. They make Eren look understandable and likeable.

- The art was much better than I was expecting. I think I remember being put off by chapter 1 after the anime ended but I never had any problems with it now.

- I liked Mikasa's and especially Armin's chara designs much more in the manga.

- I like that the author didn't make Colossal and Armored Titan the stereotypical, badass guys but people who were just as confused and unsure of themselves as the "good guys."

- It's pretty funny that Eren spends 30% of time being kidnapped.

- I don't get why after the slaughter of the Reiss family, Historia was cast away. If anything after that event, she should have been more important to her father and the ruling circles than ever.

- Until some new facts come to light, Eren's father is a massive dick.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Attack on Titan 50-70
I still unfortunately cannot bring myself to care about any characters unfortunately, not even sure why.

I have the same problem too. I think the reason is that they start off pretty crazy and hardcore. Levi kicked the shit out of Eren the first time they meet. We weren't sure who was going to die, in the beginning. And Eren was kind of crazy on the whole 'revenge' thing. Now they've calmed down. Levi's like "friends." Most of the main cast feels like they have plot armor(just in time for some new disposable recruits to appear!). And Eren's just king of 'meh' now.

I suppose one might call this character development, but I find it boring :/

Sakuranbo Syndrome 81
Yeah, this is playing out pretty much exactly as expected. I've grown fond of this duo, so I'm hoping they get something vaguely resembling a good ending. Even if the odds aren't looking great right now.

dumbyugi

Saki licensed OMG. It's yenpress so it'll have shitty onomatopea handling that drives me nuts orz.

I'm super excited about this. Saki has always been one of the series I most wanted to get an official English release. I'm a little disappointed it's digital only right now but it's better than nothing.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I forgot to say, there was a Prison School cosplay at Anime Expo. Guy had PBR-sama on his head.

Dude choose the broest character to cosplay.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 71-80

There might be hope after all!

Mob Psycho 100 Ch.87.2
One does not simply mess with Mob. They basically asking for a whooping. Oh, emotional meter appear, shit about to get real.

Prison School 181

She'll be back. Stronger than ever. Madam VICE PRESIDENT!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
New thread, same shit.

Instead of delivering death to people, these guys are responsible for cleaning up the bodies and the scene it took place. These are legal services, not the typical yakuza style of deposing dead bodies.
Whoa, this sounds really interesting.

Spirit Circle 36

Holy shit.

UberTag

Trash 1-21

My blood boiled during certain moments.
But the lewd stuff keeps me reading.
Plenty more of both to look forward to in the future.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 81

Yeah, this is playing out pretty much exactly as expected. I've grown fond of this duo, so I'm hoping they get something vaguely resembling a good ending. Even if the odds aren't looking great right now.
I wonder if you expect what will go down 5-6 chapters from now. I sure didn't.

Akainu

There is indeed. They couldn't rightly call it trash if there wasn't.
Although the best yuri scenes in this manga haven't been translated yet so you'll have to seek out raws in the meantime.

So what is the yuri? Is it the two mains? Spoil it I don't care.

Seto no Omise no Okyakusama [bl oneshot]

Interesting oneshot of Seto and his various customers, as well as one guy that clearly likes him but seems to not be the main love of his life, Which is kind of sad since Seto seems more concerned about the fairy and feeding it, at least from my interpretation from this one shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom