• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asami-sensei no Himitsu 01

eAiOgPp.png

Sensei will make sure childhood friend remembers him!

Typical shoujo. Lead girl is super shy, super useless, super shy. Main male acts like a super ass, but is of course super nice. Rival male acts like a super nice guy but is actually super evil.

super super

Crocodile

Onepunch-Man 50

So Garou won't be a threat at all?

Did you really think anyone could stand against Saitama?

I haven't read the ONE version but the impression I get from Garou is that he's like Amazo or Doomsday in they download their opponents in that literally anything that doesn't kill/destroy them (or even the things that do for those guys I guess LOL) makes them stronger. Or like a Sayian but he doesn't have to nearly die for the power up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I haven't read the ONE version but the impression I get from Garou is that he's like Amazo or Doomsday in they download their opponents in that literally anything that doesn't kill/destroy them (or even the things that do for those guys I guess LOL) makes them stronger. Or like a Sayian but he doesn't have to nearly die for the power up.

Not quite, there's a chapter coming up that explains how fighters are able to get so strong and actually explains Saitama's insane strength. Garou doesn't have any crazy powers like you think he does, he just grows stronger due to the experience of fighting strong guys.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not quite, there's a chapter coming up that explains how fighters are able to get so strong and actually explains Saitama's insane strength. Garou doesn't have any crazy powers like you think he does, he just grows stronger due to the experience of fighting strong guys.

Eh, I get the feeling that god-like being that gave powers to the Jesus-like exploding ball of light dude actually give Garou his strength although it is not stated explicitly.

Not that it matters in front of Saitama though, lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The fuck is going on with Himouto Umaru Chan, Tonari no Kashiwagi-san, and even the HOLY SHIT Nisekoi all seeming to move forward with their plot instead of just random shenanigans?

Even Domestic na Kanojo has its MC actually do something in order to pursue his goals. I mean, WTF?

Zweizer

Banned
The fuck is going on with Himouto Umaru Chan, Tonari no Kashiwagi-san, and even the HOLY SHIT Nisekoi all seeming to move forward with their plot instead of just random shenanigans?

Even Domestic na Kanojo has its MC actually do something in order to pursue his goals. I mean, WTF?

Good for ratings I suppose. I expect it to go back to the statu quo pretty soon.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Good for ratings I suppose. I expect it to go back to the statu quo pretty soon.

I mean, for all of them to actually do it at the same time was pretty bizarre.

Next thing you know stuff like Tower of God actually moves at a decent clip!

Oh no wait, that'll never happen since the author really loves to move the story like molasses.

random25

Nisekoi has been moving the last few weeks but I dunno where will it will go back to its usual thing.

Himouto...well its plot movement seems random anyway. I won't be surprised if it goes back to filler stories by next week.

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san is so freaking tiring to wait for something to happen. This isn't even have a harem but the main pairings got sidestepped already by their best friends lol.

VRMN

Nisekoi has been moving the last few weeks but I dunno where will it will go back to its usual thing.

Himouto...well its plot movement seems random anyway. I won't be surprised if it goes back to filler stories by next week.

Tonari no Kashiwagi-san is so freaking tiring to wait for something to happen. This isn't even have a harem but the main pairings got sidestepped already by their best friends lol.

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. When the series I follow are doing interesting things, I'm happy.

And, yeah, Kashiwagi-san's plot has been painfully slow, though it was mitigated by the two beta couples being interesting in their own rights. Nisekoi has spent the better part of a year trying to convince me to drop it before they decided to have someone do something that can't be taken back for once. (Watch him take it back somehow.)

Fairy Tail

Why is this girl even trying to act like she's badass? You know within 3 weeks or so Natsu's gonna nakama powerup and wreck them all. If he wasn't sandbagging to begin with.

Zweizer

Banned
I mean, for all of them to actually do it at the same time was pretty bizarre.

Next thing you know stuff like Tower of God actually moves at a decent clip!

Oh no wait, that'll never happen since the author really loves to move the story like molasses.

Maybe they all got a wave of complaints about the lack of progress at the same time lol

Either way, I doubt anyone's complaining about it, and it's a trend I can get behind of.

Zephyx

Subscribed.

Soma 125

I think Soma won't win this competition.. but not winning right now just showcases how strong this 8th seat is, not how weak Soma is as a cook. Still feeling excited on how he's planning to redeem himself after a catastrophic first day.

Prison School

Sad that the Hana/Kiyoshi subplot is not explored but we have to move on with the story eventually. I keep wondering how they will execute their plan though.

tsf monogatari 3.0 this month continuing after the first one *rubs hands*

Oh snap! Hope its better than what came out before, it was like a placeholder that wasn't as good.

Fairy Tail

Hmmm, Natsu holding his arm, interesting. Nice humor and color page. I can't wait to see who the emperor is and his other 11 body guards, not to mention where the hell Makarov is held.

Zweizer

Banned
Hatarakanai Futari ch26-27

I don't know whether to call her naive or not.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch71-80

Can't play dumb anymore, eh?

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch41

Such a tsundere~

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eh, I get the feeling that god-like being that gave powers to the Jesus-like exploding ball of light dude actually give Garou his strength although it is not stated explicitly.

Not that it matters in front of Saitama though, lol.

Less complicated than that, you'll figure out what's going on soon enough. Outside of the psychics everyone's power runs off the same principal and it's a relatively simple one.

Shengar

Gunka no Baltzer 17-32
The series ended up being more about politicking than warfare that I want it to be. But it is not a problem since the author handling of character is rather well, and I actually like the politicking too. It's just I think the manga needs more character involved. For such big event that involved some major power of the pseudo-Europe, all the action and point of view we see are just from Baltzar and Prince August. Maybe the author try not to introduce "unnecessary" important figures in order to make his manga focused, but I can't say I'm pleased with that. Even if it just giving name and face to Prime Minister of Weissen that somehow kept being faceless despite his position, it'll make the magnitude of event feels even bigger at large.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 70-80
Jun's denial is strong.
I kinda like it that there is a hint that the way he treat Tomo isn't come from complete airheadness.

dani_dc

JoJo Bizzare's Adventures Part 7: Steel Ball Run THE END

Everyone except Johnny died*, particularly Valentine and Diego who insisted on dying multiple times each.

*Except that one time Johnny was killed and brought back as a Sin and somehow manage to live after the Stand user died.

Part 5 had burned me, and while Part 6 was fun, it felt like a culmination of all the good (and the bad) of the previous Parts, so I dubious the the series would capture my attention like Part 2 and Part 4 did again, but Part 7 managed to do so, easily one of my favourite parts.

Gyro was an entertaining Protagonist, with a strong personality and having a nice mixture of "master" while still trying to learn his ways of the world.

Johnny started off as an unlikeable character, but as he grew as a character I have to say I started to become fond of him.

The rest of the cast was strong in general as well, though I have to admit that I do not recall what happened to Hot Pants towards the end of this Part.

I'm also a big fan of the setting taking place in the past, which is something that got lost around Part 4, so I was glad that we went back to "simpler times".

I mentioned it before, but this Part felt more "grounded" and less shounen than the other part, even when the powers started to get crazy later on, mostly due the art and the way the story was written, characters reactions felt more "humane" and easier to relate.

The plot being something simple to follow was also a welcome change from the mess that was Part 6 in that particular department. And the race theme made for an interesting way to keep the story going and the scenarios diversified.

I can imagine this Part to have been a difficult read for people that were following it as it was released though, but marathoning it I can't say I felt too many pacing issues.

Easily one of my top 3 favourite Parts alongside Part 2 and Part 4.

Now onto the next:

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Less complicated than that, you'll figure out what's going on soon enough. Outside of the psychics everyone's power runs off the same principal and it's a relatively simple one.

No, I read ONE's chapters up to the latest.

That's my impression because of his sudden transformation at the end. And the god-like being seemed so important to just appear one time and vanish like that without continuation.

My guess is that it works off wishes. Saitama wishes he could defeat enemies with a single punch, hence he earned that power through training. That boxing monster became that way because he air boxed a lot.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, I read ONE's chapters up to the latest.

That's my impression because of his sudden transformation at the end. And the god-like being seemed so important to just appear one time and vanish like that without continuation.

I don't remember the chapter with the god-like being, what chapter was it?

Zweizer

Banned
JoJo Bizzare's Adventures Part 7: Steel Ball Run THE END

Easily one of my top 3 favourite Parts alongside Part 2 and Part 4.

Now onto the next:

Part 7 is one of my favorites as well, and although I personally didn't like the race all that much, I must say that it has what's arguably the best cast character-wise. The Gyro and Johnny duo is incredible. It's just too bad that so many likeable characters get killed off through it.

Shengar

I haven't read Part 7 yet ( I should continue with my Part 4 read through) but I must say that Funny Valentine looks impressive as a JoJo antagonist.

dani_dc

Part 7 is one of my favorites as well, and although I personally didn't like the race all that much, I must say that it has what's arguably the best cast character-wise. The Gyro and Johnny duo is incredible. It's just too bad that so many likeable characters get killed off through it.

The race was just the background thing to keep the story going and I thought it was fun on it's own terms.

I think I agree with you on the cast, I can't think of any particularly character I disliked in this part.

Likeable characters getting killed is a good thing, JoJo series suffered a bit too much of the main cast having plot armor until right before the last fight. And even Part 7 had a lot of Gyro and Johnny getting "nearly killed" and then fixed by Hot Pants.

I haven't read Part 7 yet ( I should continue with my Part 4 read through) but I must say that Funny Valentine looks impressive as a JoJo antagonist.

Did you read anything past Part 4?

It's still a bit odd how early in part 7 Funny Valentine looked short and fat and then he became athletic for no real reason.

Zweizer

Banned
Likeable characters getting killed is a good thing, JoJo series suffered a bit too much of the main cast having plot armor until right before the last fight. And even Part 7 had a lot of Gyro and Johnny getting "nearly killed" and then fixed by Hot Pants.

I know. It's just that it's a bummer to have it happen, especially considering how strong the cast of Part 7 is.

It's still a bit odd how early in part 7 Funny Valentine looked short and fat and then he became athletic for no real reason.

One explanation is that
he used D4C to replace himself with a more athletic version, heh.

dani_dc

I know. It's just that it's a bummer to have it happen, especially considering how strong the cast of Part 7 is.
At least we were getting reason for them to being underutilized unlike other Parts *coughPart3cough* where no one besides the main character does anything.

One explanation is that
he used D4C to replace himself with a more athletic version, heh.

I guess it's a good thing every single Valentine in the other universes were athletic!

But really, if I was him I wouldn't be too happy with the ability to replace myself by an alternative version of me when I get killed! I guess he has more of a sense of duty to the country than I did.

Talking of which, it makes no sense that he'd try to kill Johnny when Johnny told him to touch the gun, he should had just said "Oh my other universe did have a gun that I didn't dispose off" and then throw it away, and grab the gun Johnny told him to grab.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I don't remember the chapter with the god-like being, what chapter was it?

I forgot which chapter exactly and I can't check right now, but it is Garou's arc, where the enemies are that crazy water thing, the black dude that can multiply, the telekinetic girl, etc. One of the antagonist is Jesus-like dude that can create exploding balls of light; it was stated that he's gotten his power from this being and then when the being decides to take it back, he lost his powers and got killed (while fighting the Zombie man hero.)

UberTag

So what is the yuri? Is it the two mains? Spoil it I don't care.
There's nothing to spoil. Almost every recurring character in this series is female and they all get some yuri action at one point or another.
You just have to wade through the sea of trashy guro to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom