• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Fuuka 72

And no one was shocked.

For some reason, instead of imagining Zweizer as that chick in his avatar just acting flippantly, I imagine him as the creepy old man that you kind of want to avoid at family reunions.

I just assume everyone in a 20-30 year dude until I have any indication of the opposite!
Particularly due to the content most people here seem to discuss...

Nordicus

How to Make an Invisible Man 1

Well wellll, look what we have here, an Eiji Masuda thriller. Some different use for the reaction faces.
jGZSwJq.jpg

The premise is alright, you got a massively bored prankster in a dull town of 5000 people, and one afternoon he gets sent a text saying he can be made invisible if he replies. The original(?) Invisible Woman who sent the text got some real Yandere Eyes going on

This is not traditional invisibility, which is most interesting. It's more that everyone forgets everything you did yesterday.

Now for bald bonding

Musuko no Yome 01-03

A divorcee one day gets a phone call that his son is dead. The one who called him is his now deceased son's wife who he takes in.

Has potential since it's from the same mangaka as Yandere Kanojo and we all love that. Not terrible and I'm sure we'll get lots of good development here.

Revo

Kubera s2ch146

Feels kinda forced but I guess we're not gonna have time for this later on so I guess it'll have to do.

Zweizer

Banned
I just assume everyone in a 20-30 year dude until I have any indication of the opposite!
Particularly due to the content most people here seem to discuss...

Everyone can appreciate smut, as the train woman reading Prison School proved!

How to Make an Invisible Man 1

Well wellll, look what we have here, an Eiji Masuda thriller. Some different use for the reaction faces.

The premise is alright, you got a massively bored prankster in a dull town of 5000 people, and one afternoon he gets sent a text saying he can be made invisible if he replies. The original(?) Invisible Woman who sent the text got some real Yandere Eyes going on

This is not traditional invisibility, which is most interesting. It's more that everyone forgets everything you did yesterday.

Now for bald bonding

Damn that's a mighty nice-looking cover. Eiji Masuda draws the best faces.

Zweizer

Banned
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch24

I haven't thought too much about it before, but Akina does kinda look like Sakuya in that getup. Must be the sidelocks.

Akina is so smooth~

AKB49 ch186

Alice, no!

Shengar

Dowman Sayman tends to have this kind of effect~
The earlier chapters were feel very random and doesn't make any sense. Then at some point in the middle, it suddenly have focus, with all things come together. The short pages for each chapter doesn't help to flesh out the story, but somehow it still sufficient and had its own charm. The Voynich Hotel is decent, but something memorable which is give me that strange, mixed feels.

But whatever it is, I think Dowman Sayman needs to design characters for video games.
Shengar pls
This is, like, the most basic level of bonding!

You're definition for relationship is too lewd!

Zweizer

Banned
The earlier chapters were feel very random and doesn't make any sense. Then at some point in the middle, it suddenly have focus, with all things come together. The short pages for each chapter doesn't help to flesh out the story, but somehow it still sufficient and had its own charm. The Voynich Hotel is decent, but something memorable which is give me that strange, mixed feels.

But whatever it is, I think Dowman Sayman needs to design characters for video games.

I'd say Dowman Sayman is far more proficient at writing short stories, which is why one can feel The Voynich Hotel to be pretty random despite it having a central story. Still, glad that you enjoyed it. Not many authors can claim to be memorable~

Check out Nickelodeon, also by Dowman Sayman, though this time a collection of short stories, and Getenrou by Ishiguro Masakazu. I'm sure you'll like them as well.
Then go for Sexual Instinct and the Hydrogen Bomb War.

And yeah, a Dowman Sayman-designed video game is a thing that absolutely needs to happen.

You're definition for relationship is too lewd!

Nonsense! I'm sure it's an universal one!

Zweizer

Banned
How to Make an Invisible Man ch1 by Masuda Eiji

A highschool student bored with his daily life wishes for all of his worries to disappear, and suddenly gets a message claiming that he can become "invisible"... that is, being slowly forgotten by the world...

Interesting enough premise, and since it only lasts one volume it shouldn't feel too stretched out.

While I enjoy the art in Jitsu wa Watashi wa well enough, I must say there's something that's very appealing about the raw insanity in her expression here. Yum~

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Bleach- haha classic Kubo. This is the kind of bullshit I missed in the series. Now I want to see a theory explaining all the dumb foreshadowing I missed. Also Mayori has the best facial expressions.

One Piece- Ah man, we're just right in the action aren't we? Also Kaido has the best character introduction I've seen in awhile. I get the feeling this was some end game for Oda that he wanted to do for awhile. Can't wait to see.

Zweizer

Banned
Netgame no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta? ch9

Man, they're hopeless (but Real Life is kind of a shitty MMO.)

23-21-25-img000021_14izsih.jpg

Well, she's not wrong.

Toriko 333

Can we just get Komatsu up in this arena and make them all instaconcede?

Naw man, the main char always arrives late ;)

Also: Kaido is absolutely terrifying. It makes sense that he's the only one Dofla truly fears, since
he cannot die
. What's scarier than that?

Boruto: Road to 'B'

Kishi stop.... this page alone has caused chaos on the inter-webs

Sakura isn't the heroine any-more..... self proclaimed? lol

Toriko 333

One Millimetre vs One Megaton

Also man these people are old

OP

Kaidou!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love his look and that description.... nice pacing felt as fast as some Toriko chapters

Bleach 637

...So it turned into a lame Persona monster? wow gj kubo

Naruto Thing

Of course the team is conveniently made up of people to connect them to the main story, I dunno what I expected from Hackmoto.

One Piece 795

Wait there are other Strawhat Members outside of Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Rebecca???

Oda at it again, no one could have thought Kaidou would have that kind of personality lmao. How is Luffy even supposed to beat this guy? Only thing I can think of is water if he is a DF user.

Bleach 637

...So it turned into a lame Persona monster? wow gj kubo

Naruto Thing

Of course the team is conveniently made up of people to connect them to the main story, I dunno what I expected from Hackmoto.

One Piece 795

Wait there are other Strawhat Members outside of Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Rebecca???

Oda at it again, no one could have thought Kaidou would have that kind of personality lmao. How is Luffy even supposed to beat this guy? Only thing I can think of is water if he is a DF user.
I assume you meant Robin and not Rebecca. And you forgot Franky on the Dressrosa side

UberTag

Gakkou Gurashi! 38 (Korean raws)

Incredibly suspicious university girls remain incredibly suspicious.

They seem to be very generous with their resources but they might be happy having other survivors around (even semi-crazy ones) so long as they're not raiding their stash of booze.

Kurumi was especially enthusiastic to play Wii U. Somehow I think gaming in the zombie apocalypse wouldn't be that much fun. GAF would be down, too. Who wants that?

Was cute seeing the girls try to sleep by themselves in separate rooms and fail miserably and elect to sleep together like always. It's like that episode in the 2nd half of Walking Dead Season 5 where everyone crashes in Rick's living room the first night in Alexandria.

Umibozu

one piece

I'm guessing kaidou has some kind of devil fruit power that gives him the devil's luck (bad luck). Which would explain why it lists all the times he lost and why he failed at even killing himself, but still managed to become one of the four emperors

Pokemon Adventures Vol.29

It's amazing after all these years, Viz has finally finish releasing the old volumes for Pokemon Adventure. We thought they would never release the RSE saga and here we are, completely finished.

I still don't really like Emerald, but doesn't mean I did enjoy the ending of the Emerald saga. Feels like a nice send off to the cast of RBGY, GS and RSE that we been used to.

wonzo

Banned
Bokura no Hentai 30

Thinking how this series started out and where it's at now… amazing ;-;

Love/Death 7

really gonna miss this once the bonus chapter hits :(

zai x ten whatever-latest

what the fuck is going on

Kyuur

D Grayman 2-102

Alright, I don't mind this. It feels sort of similar to Soul Eater or Shaman King in pacing, paneling and story telling, especially the former. I don't think it's binge-able for me though, so I think I'm going to stop here and pick up volumes to read slowly.

Some highlights:
- The first trio of arcs (doll, Miranda and Crowley) were great, as are the characters they introduced
- The end to the Suman arc was awful in the best way
- Level 3 Akuma have awesome designs
- Rinali and co's fight on the ocean was terrific

The not-so-great:
- Not a fan of the Deus-Ex-Innocence happening twice
- Rinali being reduced to a damsel while Allen gets stronger
- Lack of more Crowley
- Most of the Noahs (with the exception of Road and maybe Tyki) are not particularly interesting villains
- Noah's Arc has been a slog with the exception of Kanda's fight

Jump Rankings

Black Clover (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
Galaxy Gangs (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #3)
Haikyuu!!
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesujo wo Pin! to
Gintama
Nisekoi (CP)
Best Blue
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Kagamigami
Devilyman
World Trigger
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Lady Justice
Bleach
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

World Trigger has been sitting near the bottom lately.

Nisekoi

Goddamn, I guess he's wrapping it up. Spoilers (with pictures) appear to be saying
Marika gets her walking papers from Raku next.

Kieli

Jump Rankings

Black Clover (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Hinomaru Zumou
Shokugeki no Souma
Galaxy Gangs (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #3)
Haikyuu!!
Boku no Hero Academia
Sesujo wo Pin! to
Gintama
Nisekoi (CP)
Best Blue
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Kagamigami
Devilyman
World Trigger
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Lady Justice
Bleach
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Wow, how the mighty have fallen. Even the Japanese are sick of Kubo's glacial pace.

Line the app that is widely used in Japan?

Interesting. I didn't know manga were allowed to reference real life things such like that. It was always WcDonalds or Blurger King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom