• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Yissssssssss...

Gintama 552
The past forever haunting the demon.
I really like how Gintama has progressed.

Bokura no Hentai 30
One should be more honest indeed!

Wow, how the mighty have fallen. Even the Japanese are sick of Kubo's glacial pace.

Interesting. I didn't know manga were allowed to reference real life things such like that. It was always WcDonalds or Blurger King.

Bleach has been stuck as the bottom rank (Isobe has no true rank it's just placed at the back) or 2nd bottom rank for the last 20 or so issues.

Arabesque

Nisekoi

Goddamn, I guess he's wrapping it up. Spoilers (with pictures) appear to be saying
Marika gets her walking papers from Raku next.

Yeah, seeing those spoilers, I am starting to think my earlier prediction about ending on 250 might be too optimistic. Komi is without a doubt started the endgame with Yui, and now he not going to stop.

At the most, the manga will end most likely around chapter 225 rather than 250 (maybe in 235 if Ruri and Shu get their own mini arc) but this is starting to look like its it.

Since
Marika illness is worsening after the hint we had last chapter, Raku finally stopped leading her on, and this being the first chapter of volume 21, he is going to deal with each of the girls based on order of appearance I guess. Makes sense, so that the last volumes mirror the first ones and what not.

So my guess for the next volume covers will be:

Volume 21:
Yui

Volume 22:
Marika = Mirrors Volume 5 cover

Volume 23:
Tsugumi = Mirrors Volume 4

Volume 24:
Onodera?

Volume 25:
Chitoge?

And volume 26(if we even get to that point): Raku with the promised girl and Chitoge maybe?

Y-San is about to burn down Shueisha's headquarters.

He can be happy his Marika can now dump Raku's idiot ass and be happy
in heaven after she dies

Lain

Interesting. I didn't know manga were allowed to reference real life things such like that. It was always WcDonalds or Blurger King.

Every work is allowed to use real life brands and names, so long as licensing fees are paid and contracts are worked out. It's just that most of the time it isn't worth it to pay those fees.

Zweizer

Banned
Netsuzou Trap ch3

Things are escalating pretty fast on Hotaru's side. Fujiwara seems to be aware of what's going on though.

Eventually, I Will Become Yours ch3

She's slowly defrosting~

Arabesque

Speaking of romance manga that are about to end

Orange 21
aMorwNV.jpg

3wUq3Hym.jpg

Naho channeling Suwa for the biggest bear hug she can muster was so warming, I felt bad about thinking she was about to kiss Kakeru in the previous page (to be fair though, that ine panel made it seem like she kissed him to stop him from being depressed!).

The first part of the chapter was painful to see unfold, especially since we can understand both perspectives and why Kakeru tried to avoid Naho as much as he could and even went as far as to try and hurt her in that roundabout way bu showing her the chocolate he accepted from that random girl (his line about him "not going to date anyone" was heart wrenching, especially when this Kakeru in comparison to the dead one was even harder on himself due to his mistakes).

On Naho's side, it's easy to understand why she was so determined to get to Kakeru no matter what it took. She wasn't just carrying her own feelings into this situation. She was also shouldering the feelings of her older self that had regretted for a decade how things ended up with her and Kakeru. She didn't want to fight with him or stop talking with him, she didn't want to keep on having this icy, distant relationship. But being 16, much like her older self was, she couldn't get her feelings across in the right way. And that's why she needed to use the letter in order to get what she wanted to say in an adult manner, and also fulfil the request of the heartbroken woman who wanted to make amends with the boy she loved. The way Naho managed to recite verbatim her older selfs apology and plea to Kakeru got the point across beautifully.

And well, that's that. The two have not only confessed their feelings but went the extra step and
said the equivalent of a marriage proposal (not sure if agree this is the health way to deal with a suicidal person, but these had been extraordinary circumstances from the very start, and Naho clearly love Kakeru so eh) so yeah ...
all's left now is seeing if Kakeru discovering his mother's message will result in the same result as the first timeline or he decides not to throw his life away this time. I don't think it's possible to set up a depressing ending after all of this so my guess is that the last chapter is just happy times in the new timeline.

Unless the twist is that no matter what you do to change certain events, the general outcome is always the same and even if Kakeru doesn't run out of his house into that road, he will still get run over by that truck because it crashed into his room from the mountain or something.

Finale next month.

UberTag

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 151-152

The trouble spot this manga has run into is that
it's hard to get emotionally invested in shock value acts of violence such as those that take place in Chapter 152 without thinking they'll magically hit the Hatsuna reset button to deus ex machina everything back to normal.

You just get numb to it after a while.

Zweizer

Banned
Genshiken Nidaime ch114

Angela won a lot of points here. It's just too bad that she's got so many handicaps holding her down.

Akagi ch253

Well, Washizu has guts, that's for sure.

Arachnid 51
Christ, Geji's reappearance was far more nail-biting than I was expecting. Thank fuck for Gokiburi. The greased lightning duo will show the world the true power of running away.

In other news, if Sara's generic muscular reinforcements defeat the beetle then she might as well have stayed home today, since her reputation'll be in pieces. Can't see it happening though.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 151

Has anyone considered that, y'know, it might be worth letting him take Neko? That way none of the better characters'll get blown up. Possibly. Eh, just let him take her anyway.

Revo

Nisekoi 180

Oof, plot going in hard.
Guess 'not much time left' means she'll have to go back to her mother. Why couldn't it be Yuu that leaves :(

bobohoro

Prison School 183-184

Let that other girl make him headbands, he is wearing my panties so I win.
Hana~

Nisekoi 180

Tsugumi is gonna win this, right?
Since I totally forgot about her for the last dozen chapters.

phaze

Nisekoi 180

The end of the world is nigh.

That's the only explanation I've for so much plot progression.

RIP
(soon) Marika. You were almost the best girl.

Innocent 20-23
Sanson family is truly effed up. Even the one bright light on the horizon quickly turned out to be gunning for Charles.

And his father's breakdown... urgh ...

wonzo

Banned
Yuyushiki 26

Mum-sensei… will never die!!

Cloth Eating Girl

this deff. deserves to be a three-parter at the very least. based mizuasato

Corruption's Finale

A pristine wealthy all girls high school is home to a secret lesbian S&M club where girls find liberation from the misogynist society they'll soon find themselves thrusted in, all of this enabled by a genuinely fucked up adult of course.

Suffice to say, it is high art.

random25

Nisekoi 180

RIP in piece Marika. It's the beginning of the end.

Prison School 183-184

If those fit in Kiyoshi...he may be as sexy as Hana lmao

Kiwaguro no Brynhildr 151

Still thinking of making a baby even when they know they are in danger lol

Haikyuu!! 168
CLP1o0dWIAAH58q.png

Panel of the week, best Hinata to Tsukki in two or so chapters.

Tsukki keeps hitting all thees barriers. This isnt going to be easy. Also I think it further suggests he would eventually become the team captain when they get that far.

dani_dc

Prison School 183-184

The end of chapter 183 destroyed me.
So is Hana wearing no underwear?

Nisekoi 180

Seems like Komi really wants to get this going, good for him!

Marika knew all along she had no chance
RIP best contender.

LeleSocho

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 129

Didn't they used this trick before in the manga?

Boku no Hero Academia 53

This is so good hnnnng i like these scenes so much

Arabesque

As a monthly, yes.

Quarterly.

Yo.

There's a movie you should watch.

It's a German film called "Phoenix", directed by Christian Petzold. German language and stuff. Get subtitles. Don't watch trailers.

Does it involve time travel?

Is it going to make me cry?

Checking the release date here, it comes out on the 31 of August. I'll keep a look out for it then.

Nisekoi 180

Tsugumi is gonna win this, right?
Since I totally forgot about her for the last dozen chapters.

If my theory about the manga ending around chapter 225, then no, she's probably going to be next after Marika in about 10 or so chapters (or maybe 15 chapters, if Komi decides to give her half a volume for her story). Looks like he wants to handle each girls rejection passed on their order of appearance/mirroring the first 5 volumes.

My guess is that it's going to not only involve Claude discovering she a girl, but also about her feelings being wide in the open so both Chitoge and Raku know.

Zweizer

Banned
Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch13

She fits right in~

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Chiko ch5.1

As usual, she gives no fucks whatsover.

Revo

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! 8-9

Super glad the female liberator guy got so screwed. Really hate that type of character.
Poor dullahan got stood up :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

I'm getting really freaked out now. This is actual plot. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom