• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What $8 can get you at good will

UVR4VHFh.jpg

Never heard of hikaru no go but it sounded interesting, never read buso renkin but I also bought volumes 1, 4, and 5 online so I guess I now own half the series hope its decent.

Articalys

I can't handle Nisekoi's breakneck speed of progress right now. If it actually kept going full tilt at this pace straight towards the ending that would be the greatest thing ever but I know Komi's going to find a way to let us all down.
I mean, aside from already not having Marika win in the end.

Arabesque

Never heard of hikaru no go but it sounded interesting, never read buso renkin but I also bought volumes 1, 4, and 5 online so I guess I now own half the series hope its decent.

Hikaru no Go is fantastic, a really strong coming of age story. You'll enjoy it greatly in the later parts of the series.

Buso Renkin was a series that was too good for this world. It's really fun but end abruptly. I enjoyed it a lot.

I can't handle Nisekoi's breakneck speed of progress right now. If it actually kept going full tilt at this pace straight towards the ending that would be the greatest thing ever but I know Komi's going to find a way to let us all down.

Is it really breakneck if it is the same pacing as every other serious development in Nisekoi?

Komi never let us down, it the restrictions of the genre that did. Had this been Double Arts, this would have been far better but ...

I really think chapter 225+/- is going to be it for the series, especially if we are dealing with the girls in order of appearance and devoting a volume for each. As for Marika winning, she can't do that if she dies now can she?

Articalys

Is it really breakneck if it is the same pacing as every other serious development in Nisekoi?
Removing girls from a harem is a tier above (almost) any other kind of development in a series like this, so having it happen twice in rapid succession qualifies IMO.

If Komi actually finds a way to postpone Marika's fate I'll be simultaneously impressed and incensed

dumbyugi

I enjoyed Buso Renkin, the ending isn't great but for a series that was cancelled it's not bad. Hikaru no Go is really good for most of the series but it goes on too long and has a couple of things that really soured me on the whole thing.

Hero Academia 53

Best manga in Jump right now. I love how Stain only has a mediocre quirk at best but is still strong as hell due to his experience and skill with swords.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Komi has y'all fooled. There's pretty much no way we're getting out of this without the status quo being restored. Don't forget Yui never has been one of the main group - she's just a side character who has been very rarely involved in the plot at all beyond fucking with Chitoge a little bit. Yui falling off the radar is basically the same thing as Haru falling off the radar.

The only thing in the plot I see being moved forward is something with Marika's mother and the revelation she knew about Onodera + the fake relationship.

Best BLue 3
CLR0b8_WsAA5xkv.png

Master Onaga is the best part of this manga. This character type is one of the best to have in any manga as a rival. They are always exciting and perfect, and often hilarious. Onaga is hilarious too, when he yelled at the starting part, lol.

I wish it didnt end here.

Tomo-chan is a girl! 116

she's loaded in both senses of the term

Nisekoi 180

:O

they keep dropping off the MC_Bowl! author trying to finish the manga early? (relatively anyways)

To-Love-RU

Not really chapter, BUT YABUKI IS MARRIED AGAIN!

2nd time is a charm! maybe he will introduce his new wife as a character (and keep track of her this time so she won't cheat on him with 3rd rate comedians!)

Hikaru no go volume 1

Seems interesting so far, though I'm curious as to how the series can keep this concept going and interesting when Sai just seems to be an auto win button. This is a sports/game manga where the bigger conflict is the mc not wanting to play said sport/game then him trying to get good and eventually be world champion. I also wish I had a better idea of what this divine move is that several characters have talked about. I do like the characters as a whole so far and most of my criticisms were more after the fact then while I was reading the story as it was pretty engaging. Guess I'll check this out more

Crocodile

My Hero Academia 53

This is reminding of the Naruto & Saskue vs. Zabuza fight. This is a good thing.

I would love it if we get a ton of quirks that are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure-level, well, bizarre.

Well we got the guy in your avatar so that's already a good start :p I assume the quirks will have to get weirder once we run out of stuff like "super strength", "super speed", "elemental attacks", etc. It's always the good guys that get the "basic" powers while I assume later villains will be able to let loose with the concept.

360pages

Well, good guys kind of need a basic more defined ability, their abilities can't be too obscure or unusable because then it makes creating fights far more needlessly difficult. Which is why most of the main character stands have far more wide use, and even without their ability can still fight physically.

Boku no Hero Academia 51-53

Pretty awesome chapters

loving it so far... liking the hero killer as well

Also my man came in with them Ice/Fire Powers.... I so hope through out this series he doesn't turn evil... but seeing as this dude decided to man up and not let the darkness consume him he seem to be currently safe

thank god

Revo

God of High School 220

lmao at the starving african children standing next to her
i can't contain how terrible this is

Kieli

Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda - 1

She got EXACTLY what she deserved. If you act toxic to someone and pretend the relationship doesn't exist, then don't be surprised that the person will become sick of your fucking shit and cut you out of their life entirely.

Good on him. Good on him.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hello Manga GAF,
Being that all the members of this sub-GAF forum are extremely handsome (and pretty I guess), you must also be very kind I assume. I love you all.

I need something...

Can anyone who's reading Legendary Moonlight Sculptor tell me if Ark is worth the read or simply too derivative?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Prison School ch183-184

Go Hana!

Hana's not going to give up her man without a fight but I really feel sad for her because at the end, everything will come back to queen Mari. She was bread to receive the protagonist.

I really do want Hana to be happy though she seems like the kind who'd go too far and not say the safety word... Kyioshi could catch a body if he says with her.

Grexeno

Well we got the guy in your avatar so that's already a good start :p I assume the quirks will have to get weirder once we run out of stuff like "super strength", "super speed", "elemental attacks", etc. It's always the good guys that get the "basic" powers while I assume later villains will be able to let loose with the concept.
Watch a guy show up who can erase time.

Zweizer

Banned
Hana's not going to give up her man without a fight but I really feel sad for her because at the end, everything will come back to queen Mari. She was bread to receive the protagonist.

I really do want Hana to be happy though she seems like the kind who'd go too far and not say the safety word... Kyioshi could catch a body if he says with her.

Hana's got the biggest amount of development and focus so far though, plus I would consider Chiyo to be a bigger rival than Mari, since the latter seems to be more interested in Kate. Nothing has been set in stone yet!

Quasar

Spotted Flower 15-16 - New chapters for a Josei I guess romantic comedy I've been enjoying. So hoping that end is not pointing to a bad end where the guy skips the birth because of playing the new erogame. Or maybe thats just a bad assumption on my part due some of the gag comics about otaku/non-otaku couples.

Amusing chapters though. Thought for sure she'd go the cosplay route to get some.

Crocodile

MadHouse adaptation of OPM

new PV trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeaFvbUi7mU

So if I recall, this fan song was made as a fan opening for a hypotheical OP anime. I think the group is French - is there a more than .000001% chance this becomes the actual opening for the anime?

Watch a guy show up who can erase time.

Is that what the infamous
King Crimson
does? I dunno, I'd like to be able to understand what is going on in MHA :p

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch53

Rather than his quirk, I'd say his overall physical capabilities are more impressive. Nice fight.

Takemitsu Zamurai 40

Yeah this is definitely told like fable, it just spent an entire chapter on a dude with a glass eyes backstory for him to die the same chapter and a previous character to be on the last page and ends with "its a story for another time" lol

ryan13ts

One Piece:

Holy shit, Kaido!! He finally showed him to us and I'll be damed if he didn't live up to the build-up. Dude jumped off a fucking sky island and just brushes it off? Manly.

It's nice to see the rest of the SH's after what, like almost 2 years? I thought Big Mom's crew caught their asses for sure. Also, I didn't immediately recogonize the Jolly Roger that was shown. Was it the Kid Alliance or Kaido's crew's flag?

Jintor

Shinozaki-san ki wo Ota shikani! vol5

Yay vol 5 is out~

~in Japanese

~i can only kind of get the gist of what's happening but it's still pretty funny~

dumbyugi

Chihoukishi Hans no Junan 5

That's some intense thirst for Hans. Rein went from overly loyal subordinate to pervert stalker in just a few pages.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch117

Why would you want to take down that bear though.

Spotted Flower ch15-16

So close~
I wonder if this is a sign that it'll end soon.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Unrelated, but congrats on becoming a member!

Hello Manga GAF,
Being that all the members of this sub-GAF forum are extremely handsome (and pretty I guess), you must also be very kind I assume. I love you all.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how drunk are you right now? (Sorry, I haven't read either Legendary Moonlight Sculptor or Ark, so I can't help you out. :( )

Nisekoi 180

Marika was always too good for this idiotic harem. Let her go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom