• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Minna! Esper Dayo! Chapter 1

ltFog3R.jpg

Delivers right from the get-go, hilarious stuff.

I hope the author wise up from his Detroit Metal City shenanigans and comes up with something creative all the time.

Zweizer

Banned
shinozaki san anime when

/edit seriously i am IN LOVE with shinozaki san's artstyle. it's so goddamn fresh

There's been a Drama CD, right? I think there needs to be more volumes available before they'd make an anime.

I wish I had kept my list of manga I was reading/finished somewhere else I lost it when I lost my phone and of course it wasn't one of the things I backed up to my icloud :(

You don't have a Mangaupdates list?

kapowza

haha! read the first 12 vols of Path of the Assassin, is a fun book, lots of good ninja action, shagging (Kojima drew phenomenal naked ladies) and manly tears of respect shared by warlords and their vassells.
Vols 13 and 14 can be got for a fiver but the very last one seems to be very much out of print and secondhand copies are going for about £33 and up (50 of your american dollars).

FFFFFFFFUUUU

edit: or I could get the digital version on my ipad for like seven dollars, HURRAH"

Usobuko

Banned
haha! read the first 12 vols of Path of the Assassin, is a fun book, lots of good ninja action, shagging (Kojima drew phenomenal naked ladies) and manly tears of respect shared by warlords and their vassells.
Vols 13 and 14 can be got for a fiver but the very last one seems to be very much out of print and secondhand copies are going for about £33 and up (50 of your american dollars).

FFFFFFFFUUUU

How would you compare this to Samurai Executioner and Lone Wolf & Cub?

Zweizer

Banned
You could always start a new one on Baka / MAL, the ones you cannot recall atm will eventually resurface in your mind.

Yeah, I'd say it's a good habit to maintain at least one list. It's a real lifesaver, especially if you follow a huge amount of series.

jonjonaug

There's been a Drama CD, right? I think there needs to be more volumes available before they'd make an anime.

There's five volumes out right now. There's enough material for a 1 cour anime if one were to be made, considering it's a manga released at a pace of about one chapter per month and there's currently 27 chapters + some bonus material out in Japan. Other SOL manga have been adapted with less.

Zweizer

Banned
There's five volumes out right now. There's enough material for a 1 cour anime if one were to be made, considering it's a manga released at a pace of about one chapter per month and there's currently 27 chapters + some bonus material out in Japan. Other SOL manga have been adapted with less.

True, there would be enough material for 12-13 episodes, but I think sales-wise Shinozaki isn't exactly at the level where they'd be in a hurry to adapt it to anime.

kapowza

How would you compare this to Samurai Executioner and Lone Wolf & Cub?

much more lighthearted than both of those (less poo than SE). Obviously the ending and some of the big story beats are known right from the start but they do a good job of making it twisty and interesting. The art is lovely.

Zweizer

Banned
7 Seeds ch144-145

Hot damn that's one heck of a symbiosis. Well, there are worse ways to go, I imagine.

Hopefully nothing tragic will happen at this stage.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul:re spoilers

http://i.imgur.com/azrdWIt.jpg

I'm fucking ready.
These new Aogiri Ghoul designs look awesome. Hopefully the Qs get rekted.

How stupid can Kanae be ? Unless he plans to just blackmail Sasaki by kidnapping a few of his trainees I don't see how this would help Tsukiyama get close to him and convince to break out their guy from prison. Which is not what our prince charming wanted.

One Piece 155-205
I can't say this Alabasta arc managed to change my feelings about the series as a whole. If anything, though it did some things well, it managed to further enlarge my list of grievances. Crocodile is, I dare say, one of the more inane villains that I've seen. He fails to finish off Luffy twice (thrice if you count the cage situation too.) when he had him at his mercy. And really, having heard previously that One Piece was supposedly devoid of asspulls, I was quite taken aback by Zorro's power up out of nowhere that suddenly gave him the power to cut steel. All of that after taking massive metal drills to the chest that left him lying dead on the floor. This was the most egregious one but Usopp tanking ridiculous amounts of damage or Luffy going from having trouble with some minor pirate at the beginning of the manga to defeating Crocodile, with no training in between doesn't sit well with me either. I'm starting to have more respect for Naruto which went full asspull only with the start of war arc

Also, this is more of a personal pet peeve of mine, not really a major gripe and maybe I'm demanding too much of shounen aimed at kids but this rebellion thing makes no sense. The rebels were 10 hours and earlier, a day or two from the capital for months or even years and they did nothing but sat on their asses ? And our idealistic, peace loving king also did nothing, he didn't even bother to fortify his capital ? Come on ? Not to mention that as far as we are shown, the country of Alabasta is a 60x60 square miles of desert. Where the hell are they getting manpower and maintenance for armies that number + 1 million people ? My Little Shounen Can't Possibly Be This Disregarding of Strategy, Demographics and Logistics.

It's been a few days but I'm still fuming over that stupid cop out at the end. Glad to hear it doesn't get worse than that. (But then, i don't see how it possibly could.)

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 281
szs76kkg.png

Well, let's see where this rabbit hole leads down to. Chiri should win* but Fuura's plot armor is probably too strong.

upandaway

Yeah dunno who told you that One Piece doesn't do things like that because it does, a lot, and proudly. OP is about the adventure and drama, everything else is just a tool to get there

How stupid can Kanae be ? Unless he plans to just blackmail Sasaki by kidnapping a few of his trainees I don't see how this would help Tsukiyama get close to him and convince to break out their guy from prison. Which is not what our prince charming wanted.

Judging by this pic that Sui Ishida drew.
Saiko is going to be kidnapped which is why she is shown next to Ayato in this art for some reason. And if we go by the spoiler pic it makes even more sense.

phaze

Yeah dunno who told you that One Piece doesn't do things like that because it does, a lot, and proudly. OP is about the adventure and drama, everything else is just a tool to get there

It wasn't really one person, just the general impression I got from people repping OP in various threads and places.

Judging by this pic that Sui Ishida drew.
Saiko is going to be kidnapped which is why she is shown next to Ayato in this art for some reason. And if we go by the spoiler pic it makes even more sense.

Good, Ayato now pls do one useful thing in your life and off her. Off yourself too while you're at it. :>

Otoyomegatari 48
Liking this arc with Pariya, she's a really likable character I guess cause I can relate to her more (really awkward, speaks her mind, sulks, etc)? Also seeing her have to work to have a relationship with someone seems to be a good change of pace.

Umibozu

Minna! Esper da yo! 1-6
One of the dumbest things I've read, this borders on the ping pong club level of stupidness. That sergei though

Buso Renkin volume 1&2

This is pretty great, the pacing is fast but not too fast, the comedy is perfect, the Tokiko and Kazuki are fantastic leads, and it makes me sad to know this series got shit canned by jump :(

Why? What happened? Why did they cancel Buso Renkin?

cntr

Banned
When people talk about One Piece asspulls, they mean it doesn't pull out ridiculous autowin abilities like later Naruto, Bleach, and Dragonball Z do.

One Piece powerups are asspulls, especially since Oda does not bother with training or upgrade sequences, but they at least make sense according to some logic, usually cartoon rubber physics in Luffy's case, and Buddhist philosophy in Zoro's case.

Revo

Piano no Mori 163

Yep, father is living through his son. More concerned with him winning vs kai than him truly becoming a pianist.

upandaway

Hayate 485

Oooh new arc seems like, for the school trip. Of course I have 0% confidence in the status quo changing so this 150 million yen prize might as well not exist.

retcon:

OTn7SC1.png

for the past couple of chapters now Hata has been using the chapter titles to voice his inner self. i feel so bad for the guy. someone just give him a vacation please.

Sai

Baby, Komodo no Mama ni!

New chapter!... But apparently no dedicated translator yet, so it'll probably be a while before the next one hits. :(

Stay trollin', Kokoro-chan.

Kurita

Minna! Esper Dayo! Chapter 1

Delivers right from the get-go, hilarious stuff.

I hope the author wise up from his Detroit Metal City shenanigans and comes up with something creative all the time.
The drama adaptation is one of the best things ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom