• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Banko

dNfo7cF.jpg

An one shot about a super energetic girl chasing after a lethargic boy.

Not bad, the ending was pretty amusing.

Averon

Giant Warrior Nagi 01

High School girls grow to giant size to fight for their country to settle international disputes.

Looks like a dumb, fun ecchi action manga.

Zweizer

Banned
what ya'll reading right now?

:O

Currently reading Dead Dead Demons. It's incredible. Gonna write an impression post once I'm caught up.

If you haven't read The Ancient Magus Bride you should give it a try.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=105098

It's like a mix of studio Ghibli and Harry Potter, it's a really solid series. Plus it has great art.

Yeah, these are good suggestions.

Lain

I'd like to comment Innocent volume 4 but... I don't have the right words at the moment. I just don't. The volume is pretty graphic without even being, hmm, excessively graphic, plus there are a lot of pictures that do such a great deal of communicating what's going on that not many words are needed and used, and the closing image for the volume... both cool and, I dunno, I can only describe the feeling as "woah, damn".
Yeah this work, so good.

Usobuko

Banned
I'd like to comment Innocent volume 4 but... I don't have the right words at the moment. I just don't. The volume is pretty graphic without even being, hmm, excessively graphic, plus there are a lot of pictures that do such a great deal of communicating what's going on that not many words are needed and used, and the closing image for the volume... both cool and, I dunno, I can only describe the feeling as "woah, damn".
Yeah this work, so good.

Sounds good.

I read a bit of the author's previous works after Kokou no Hito, he seems to be consistently surpassing his last piece.

dumbyugi

Ultimate Muscle vol7

Jaeger vs Scarface was real fucking good. I know that this is a comedy for the most part but the wrestling matches can get really intense sometimes. Kevin Mask revealing that Scarface is actually Mars from the DMP was a pretty good twist, even if it was a little obvious from how villainous Scarface was. I wish I owned volume 8 so I could read the rest of Kid Muscle vs Mars.

Zweizer

Banned
This message is addressed to A Huge Battleship:

I bear the unfortunate news that the second part of Vector Spectacle has been translated.

I extend my most sincere condolences to you.

Rhapsody

Banned
Save N Quit got (perma most likely)banned. Won't get into it, just check animegaf.

Other people got hit in the crossfire of the discussion though unfortunately.

Edit: On topic, catching up with Umaru-chan. Heartwarming moments and comedy, such a good combination for me.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Save N Quit got (perma most likely)banned. Won't get into it, just check animegaf.

Edit: On topic, catching up with Umaru-chan. Heartwarming moments and comedy, such a good combination for me.
Rip :(
The whole situation is a mess.

Oh yeah Umaru chabge from being about spoiled little sister into friendship is ometing i welcome. Good move by the author

Lain

How far back would I have to go? I haven't been looking at the thread this past week. Sucks if Save got perma'd though.

bobohoro

Still stuck somewhere in the middle of Ran To Haiiro No Sekai, not really feeling it.

Well, sat down and read the rest of it. While I still dislike Outaro and Ran as characters, their development was rather well done. The mid-section that went more action-y and shoved some loose plot into the manga was also kinda a drag, but the emotional final volume offered a rather nice pay-off for that, so I guess I'm good. Overall, it has some pretty awesome art, most of the characters aside from the two mentioned are rather charming and the feel of the story is whimsical and enchanting, which makes for a nice read. I was rather surprised that the feels hit me as much as they did, as I really thought I wasn't engaged at all, but it certainly is a testament to the quality of the drawing/writing that it managed to creep up on me in the end.

Yona of the Dawn ~99

The water tribe arc was by far the best in the series, having Yona and Soo Won work together really added a great deal of tension to every scene. This has quickly become one of my favorite series though I always question the description of it being a "historical fantasy romance". It technically has romance elements in it but the series is really a fantasy action adventure and one of the better written ones I've ever read.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Foolworm

Reading City Hunter right now. There are a few chapters of Letter Bee that came out recently too, and I'm waiting for Volume 13 of The Five Star Stories to come out so I can compare it with the magazine serialization.

Zweizer

Banned
Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch15

Living in the human world is not easy.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch178

Here comes another girl.

:O

Rereading old stuff like Tegami Bachi and Sun Ken Rock. Waiting for new chapters in the mean time. Actually cutting back on what I read so I get around to drawing my comic about a lesbian stuck in a reverse harem hell and she dates a pansexual succubus so yeah whatever.

This message is addressed to A Huge Battleship:

I bear the unfortunate news that the second part of Vector Spectacle has been translated.

I extend my most sincere condolences to you.
I loathe you unconditionally for bringing this to my attention. There is nothing that appeals to me less than reading uninspired trash about an intolerable Touhou character. Fortunately my computer is currently borked beyond all recognition, meaning I can't even read the damn thing. Or check out LoLK.

Zweizer

Banned
I loathe you unconditionally for bringing this to my attention. There is nothing that appeals to me less than reading uninspired trash about an intolerable Touhou character. Fortunately my computer is currently borked beyond all recognition, meaning I can't even read the damn thing. Or check out LoLK.

Your predicament brings great joy to my heart. Worst regards~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom