• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Minna! Esper Dayo! Chapter 1

Delivers right from the get-go, hilarious stuff.

I hope the author wise up from his Detroit Metal City shenanigans and comes up with something creative all the time.
Glad you like it :)

Minna! Esper da yo! 1-6
One of the dumbest things I've read, this borders on the ping pong club level of stupidness. That sergei though

It's dumb alright. I still laugh my ass off though.

The drama adaptation is one of the best things ever.

I need to watch the drama adaptation. Did they adapt that sergei scene?

Mob Psycho 100 85.2

Reigen: Fist of the justifiable self defense. Motherfucker didn't even know what hit him!

Dagashi Kashi 17

Oh man, Hotaru read too much Jojo on her spare time.

High Speed 1
CMYNbe0WcAAtxdU.png

Rin is still the best in this too. Though I like how kid Makoto is pretty happy always and such while Haru is still Haru, but he is clearly being greatly affected by Rin. Cant wait to see how things go.

phaze

Watching the Prison School anime, I completely forgot Mari had the ability to control crows somehow.

Does this even come up in the second arc lol

Don't think she ever used it when in prison.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 302 END
So the girls were all dead ? Or they were alive but possessed by ghosts from Showa era ? And they are now cured but have fallen in love with Nozomu all the same ? Who was on it all along despite multitude of his own suicide attempts ?

My mind is full of fuck.

And that
open ending kinda irks me.

jonjonaug

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 302
So the girls were all dead ? Or they are alive but were possessed by ghosts from Showa era ? And they are now cured but have fallen in love with Nozomu all the same ? Who was on it all along despite multitude of his own suicide attempts ?

My mind is full of fuck.

And that

The
ghosts from the Showa era
thing always felt like just a joke to me. There's a lot of running "this is still the showa era!" gags throughout the manga, and that just felt like a way of tying them together to parody those sorts of plot developments near the end of a manga.

The
everyone is Kafuka because of body part transplants
thing though was clearly planned out in advance and foreshadowed as early as chapter 12 or so. There are tons of additional hints at this in both the manga and the anime (some imagery in the anime OPs actually makes sense now). Back when the last couple of chapters first came out the shitstorm was immense because absolutely no one saw it coming.

Don't think she ever used it when in prison.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 302 END
So the girls were all dead ? Or they were alive but possessed by ghosts from Showa era ? And they are now cured but have fallen in love with Nozomu all the same ? Who was on it all along despite multitude of his own suicide attempts ?

My mind is full of fuck.

And that

Hey Phaze since you read Tokyo Ghoul I recommend you read Penisman a webcomic by Sui Ishida.

It is something everyone must read.😎

phaze

The
ghosts from the Showa era
thing always felt like just a joke to me. There's a lot of running "this is still the showa era!" gags throughout the manga, and that just felt like a way of tying them together to parody those sorts of plot developments near the end of a manga.

But
then what were they graduating from ? From their own suicidal tendencies ? And why all the post-humous talk ? Maybe they're all dead after all ?
Arghhh

The
everyone is Kafuka because of body part transplants
thing though was clearly planned out in advance and foreshadowed as early as chapter 12 or so. There are tons of additional hints at this in both the manga and the anime (some imagery in the anime OPs actually makes sense now). Back when the last couple of chapters first came out the shitstorm was immense because absolutely no one saw it coming.

Yeah it was clear something was not quite right with her. The imagery in the OP's and some random parts in anime made me think, Kafuka would get pregnant with Nozomu. lol And kill him off or something.

Also forgot to mention it but I love how they utilised Traumerei from one of my favourite episodes of the anime ( Zoku 01) for that ending.

Hey Phaze since you read Tokyo Ghoul I recommend you read Penisman a webcomic by Sui Ishida.

It is something everyone must read.��

Ha, it is something I will check out eventually but for now I want to finally give Historie a proper try. Been putting it off for a long time now.

I'm honestly surprised this isn't listed on Mangaupdates.
Is this comic any good though? I would love to read this.

It's a pretty good read for something that isn't taking itself serious. It's like OnePunch Man on how it makes fun of heroes and stuff while also having bits of Tokyo Ghoul mixed in.

I'd say it's definitely worth a read.

Soma

Watching the Prison School anime, I completely forgot Mari had the ability to control crows somehow.

Does this even come up in the second arc lol

kinda like how joe has magically stopped coughing up blood every other page recently

i can't remember if that was ever addressed

Rhapsody

Banned
All those black bars remind me I need to finish Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

Just so mad there's like a gap of untranslated chapters :/

I wonder if the ending is as messed up as the author's previous manga. Because that ending was just a sudden twist.

Started watching Gundam Build Fighters

-_- I'm Hooked

A old school gundam guy like me was weary of it at first but it is fun and refreshing to watch (I just mentally put it into a arena tournament series rather then Gundam)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

-_- I'm Hooked

A old school gundam guy like me was weary of it at first but it is fun and refreshing to watch (I just mentally put it into a arena tournament series rather then Gundam)

one of us one of us

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

-_- I'm Hooked

the anime thread is that way --->

i recommend avoiding it for now tho

dumbyugi

I still need to watch GBF. I was going to start right after I finished G Gundam but I got distracted by games and never got around to it.

dumbyugi

Boku to Kotori-chan END

A shame this ended so fast. I liked it but it really needed to be longer. I wouldn't bother with this unless you really feel like reading a short romance gag series that doesn't do a whole lot.

Koakuma Meringue 1-2

From the author of Non Non Biyori. It's a 4 panel comedy about a devil girl who wants to bring fear to humans and take over the world, except all she does is play pranks that always fail. Only 2 chapters so far so there's not a whole lot to say about this. It's only 1 volume long so I'm not expecting much out of it but it's decent enough so far.

Ore no Kanojo ni Nanika Youkai 4

This chapter was all about teasing/playing with the catboy. He loved it despite the protests. Also somehow Muku didn't melt at all this chapter.

I'm sorry about posting something about the Gundam show again but that dude with the moustache/sideburns combo

he appears at the perfect times ;)))))))))))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom