• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Feels good to see my new serialisation series getting picked up. Zweizer probs celebrating

Not really. Concept sounds boring. I'll take it if it means one less toy for you to torment us with though!

Edit: Okay, just read it. Wonky translation aside, the world is reminiscent of Onepunch-Man, although none of the heroes are as eye-catching, and there aren't any particularly endearing character. I bet the protagonist gets some crazy broad power later, considering that he's set to become the greatest hero of the world, but if (and that's an if I wouldn't bet on) the author manages to keep him power-less for the whole duration of the thing, that'd make this manga more worthy of note.

Berserk

Griffith working towards a second eclipse, sacrificing all the people in Falconia to gain power to surpass the other Godhand members.

At least that would make for a good story and give our good old protagonist a good reason to accept the Elf Island magic power that will even out the odds.

Zweizer

Banned
OPM 49

Doki Doki~
Dokun Dokun intensifies.

DD7YMWP.png

Big One

Banned
Dragonball AF by Toyble (doujinshi)

1kPXJYR.jpg

I know this is a fan-manga, but damn does Toyble nail it when it comes to Dragonball. I like his explanations of the SSJ forms too and concepts like the Ryuoshin Realm. I also like how he's adapting shitty rumors created by fans in the West and making it canon to his world, while still retaining a very Dragonball-feel which a lot of Western fans creating these rumors in the past completely miss.

He also does neat things like fill in little plot holes here and there, he even made a little story connecting Episode of Bardock with the Saiyan-Tsufufarian war for example. It's just nice to see a fan like that having that much dedication in the franchise with his fan work. I'm also glad he's allowed to continue it even though he's currently drawing the official Dragonball Heroes manga.

Only thing I dislike is the inclusion of the East Kaoishin in the story. Completely pointless imo, then again I suppose he had to do something with Xizor to make him different.

Kieli

Forgot to mention, but it's so fucking shitty that Viz holds onto your credit info with no ability to remove it.

Are they dumb? They're practically inviting hackers to take a crack at their treasure trove. I don't expect them to have any better security than the biggest companies like Sony (which were nonexistent...).

And for the record, no, having my credit saved will not make me more impulsive buyer. It's just going to annoy me and make me not want to shop there.

Walkure Romanze - Shoujo Kishi Monogatari (NO. Gomesu) 13

How Celia keeps on getting better.

Shows up while her man is leisurely taking an outdoor bath.

Allows him to see her absolutely perfect body without a single complaint coming from her.

And when the other girls shows up, she hides him behind her back and presses her ass to his face.

That is top tier best girl material, folks.

I was talking to my wife the other day at Costco and the topic of TLRD came up somehow, and I mentioned how people in this thread like it. She asked what it was, so I showed her the Momo Ice Cream gif. She told me to stop coming here.

Tell it is a deconstruction of the harem genre, a metacommentary of the ridicule it is that a terrible uninteresting boy, who all can do is trip into girl vaginas, can become the king of the universe while having a group of hot girls as his concubines. The mangaka acknowledges the stupidity of all and basically laughs at every weird japanese sexual fetiche you can imagine., while showing the naivete of the fact you can get pussy just by being nice to girls, which also explains the low natality in Japan, which would be something to examine too by reading all these harem/lewd mangas.

See....it's for science.

Doronkyu 06-10

Girl continues to get scared by stuff. I guess kinda amusing still. I do like that the spirits do kinda like her though.

dani_dc

Nah.

Crazy is overrated in real life.

It's only fun in comics because you're not at the pointy end of a knife.

Disagreed, my sister tried to attack me with a knife once, and while it might not be much fun when it happens, it's a fun story when you look back!*

As long as you manage to get out of it without any permanent damage, it's perfectly alright and an interesting life experience!

*Note: My sister claims this never happened

Man, I keep seeing the acronym for The Last of Us Remastered and I keep thinking To Love Ru is the top seller in the US.

Sells so well it gets into the gaming list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom