• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Doujin Work ch6

So having your lewd manga read by strangers feels like masturbation in public? I... I don't... I don't want to test this... I want to test this... I don't want to test this...

Domino Kick ch1

Oh, I get it. That's pretty silly. Seems like a fun little-

ch2

oh my

ch3

okay then

Busaiku

WTWKRy9.png

This chapter was adorable.

bigkrev

Spirit Circle vol 2

Enjoyed our Egypt trip, and hot CAT SPHINXES. Loved seeing how big of unwilling dicks all of Fuuta's previous lives were.

Soma

real talk

esdese was a shitty name

but esdeath is equally shitty

as is the fact that they decided to make it 'official' after like 40 or so chapters

basically the dude who wrote Akame sucks at naming characters.

real talk

esdese was a shitty name

but esdeath is equally shitty

as is the fact that they decided to make it 'official' after like 40 or so chapters

basically the dude who wrote Akame sucks at naming characters.

Esdese is fine because it's a pun. Puns are good.

Esdeath sounds too close to the final boss of Final Fantasy V, and now she literally has death in her name.

Orange 1

Someone I know said they were going to pick this up, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Shoujo with an interesting premise. Naho wakes up one day to find a letter from her future self. The letter chronicles the day's events, including a new transfer student.

The letter is intended to guide her through her dealings with Kakeru, the transfer student, to make sure she doesn't make the same mistakes with him that her future self did. According to her future self, Kakeru won't be with them in 10 years time.

I'm always wary of tragedies and there's every chance I won't like it if it gets too tragic, but at the moment it seems like it'll be a decent shoujo with a twist.

It's available on Crunchyroll so I might as well make use of my manga sub! only 13 chapters so far, so I'll probably get through the current chapters tonight.

Orange 2-13

Yeah, this is really good. It's super tragic at times (between this and Koe no Katachi, I'm on a roll. I don't even know who I am any more. I'm too much of a wuss for tragedies) but it's really great.

Naho and Kakeru make a great couple. We got early confessions all things considered, but they aren't going out yet. But at least they held hands... right? Right!?

...Shoujo gonna shoujo.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so mad!!! They skipped the best part of the best chapter of Nozaki-kun in the anime!

It better get adapted in a future episode, damn it.

I got stuck in real life, so it's okay to get addicted to an MMO, right? 5

Ehhh, I think I'll drop this for now, it's not that interesting.

Orange 2-13

Yeah, this is really good. It's super tragic at times (between this and Koe no Katachi, I'm on a roll. I don't even know who I am any more. I'm too much of a wuss for tragedies) but it's really great.

Naho and Kakeru make a great couple. We got early confessions all things considered, but they aren't going out yet. But at least they held hands... right? Right!?

...Shoujo gonna shoujo.
I still don't get why they're not going out, I guess it has to do with Takeru's insecurity and Naho's complete inaction unless she's pressured to do so.

Also, you should round out the tragedy kick with Spirit Circle (but that's shonen, not shoujo) ((wait a sec, Orange is seinen in the first place?)) (((lol they're both seinen okay)))

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Orange 2-13

...Shoujo gonna shoujo.

I mean, you say that, but when is the last shounen where the romance isn't super dragged out? :p

I still don't get why they're not going out, I guess it has to do with Takeru's insecurity and Naho's complete inaction unless she's pressured to do so.

Also, you should round out the tragedy kick with Spirit Circle (but that's shonen, not shoujo) ((wait a sec, Orange is seinen in the first place?))

It's totally shoujo. Like, maybe it's published in a seinen magazine? idk. but it's shoujo.

As for why they're not going out, he's trotted out the "I'm afraid if we go out I'll hurt her so I'm ok with things like this even though we love each other".

So yeah. Pretty much exactly what you said.

Also, I think I'll wait until Koe no Katachi ends before going with another tragedy. I am legit terrible with tragedies.

Watching episode 12 of Tasogare for example is a surefire way to stop me from talking for a day.

I mean, you say that, but when is the last shounen where the romance isn't super dragged out? :p

Yeah, but in shounen it's a will they/won't they (that we all know will eventually happen) for a long time. In shoujo there's none of the won't they. we all know it's going to happen. they all know it's going to happen. they all know they like each other, but something stops them from making it official for ages.

It's a different style.

Usobuko

Banned

Sekitou Elegy!

But it's seinen

Most romance manga gave too much coverage for the entire courting/getting together duration instead of what happens after our MC got into a relationship.

kasane

Yeah i think romance would be more intrtrsting if they actually tackle the relationship instead of them getting together

Then again shojo does this only with predictable shoe horned drama

Sekitou Elegy!

But it's seinen

Most romance manga gave too much coverage for the entire courting/getting together duration instead of what happens after our MC got into a relationship.

I think that's because it's hard to keep the story interesting when it happens. Like, you have to be a godlike manga to be able to make all that still interesting after you work up to it. Otherwise you end up with awful situations like Kimi no Iru Machi where you have to create drama to try and keep it interesting.

It also helps though if you have a reason to keep it going, like in Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. The mystery hook gave it excellent longevity.

A slow build up also doesn't have to be bad. Look at Spice & Wolf. I'm 8 or 9 volumes into the light novels and they aren't technically properly courting really, but an official "we're dating guys!" (not in that tone cos lol that would be weird in Spice & Wolf) isn't really necessary because they're a godlike couple anyway.

Antiwhippy

None of the examples posted are helping!

Ma no kakera 1-6

Junji itou short story collection, so you know what the deal is. The stuff in here is super gross and surreal, which is exactly what you want from junji itou.

How does putting a live cockroach in a sliced up portion of your neck sound to you?

survivor

Banned

Also, you should round out the tragedy kick with Spirit Circle (but that's shonen, not shoujo) ((wait a sec, Orange is seinen in the first place?)) (((lol they're both seinen okay)))

Well Orange started out as a shoujo in Betsuma magazine and 2 of its volumes got published there before issues with either Takano or the publishing escalated into her dropping the manga, but returning to it after Futabasha picked up the series along with another one by Takano. So uh I guess it can be both.

Usobuko

Banned
No complete translations for these :/

I remember Swweet being a decent manga despite the over the top melodramatic ending.

Yea, a pity though.

While I'm not a big fan of Swweet either, I do like his artstyle because it's easily recognizable for me ( I think it stood out from its peers subtly ). I think, at this point, I am more interested in his works because of my curiosity in his state of mind.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
None of the examples posted are helping!

Ma no kakera 1-6

Junji itou short story collection, so you know what the deal is. The stuff in here is super gross and surreal, which is exactly what you want from junji itou.

How does putting a live cockroach in a sliced up portion of your neck sound to you?

br fuckin b

need brain bleach

kasane

Is orange the
time travelling one? Or whatever was it about the past then he got a new husband and hes past boyfriend died. That made no sense

Antiwhippy

Spirit circle 27

:mindblown:

Thinking about it, y'know, I probably should twigged on that earlier in a manga about reincarnation. :lol

wonzo

Banned
Ma no kakera 1-6

sounds fine until it starts laying eggs

Kazuki Makes Love Happen?! at ALL-BOYS High School 03

Just you wait, I'll become popular with girls so I can have you steal me from them!

Wait a minute here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom