• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they have to? Didn't Sasuke go through an entire arc where he chilled out a bit after he talked to Itachi?

Dude Sasuke's been a douche since part 1. What do you expect or did you think he would give Naruto a lap dance once the War was over.

Anyways joking aside Kishi has to give what the fans want.

Big One

Banned
Dude Sasuke's been a douche since part 1. What do you expect or did you think he would give Naruto a lap dance once the War was over.
I figured character development in the series would make sense. Meh. Need to lower my expectations. Sasuke's character development hasn't made sense in the previous arcs at all so why would it now?

I am still fully believing that Kishi added Kaguya as a filler character in order to prolong the series enough so that it may end at the release date for the "Last" Naruto movie

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am still fully believing that Kishi added Kaguya as a filler character in order to prolong the series enough so that it may end at the release date for the "Last" Naruto movie

My guess is that he wanted to sort of redeem Sasuke before they had a fight so that his motive wouldn't be purely revenge.

Anyways joking aside Kishi has to give what the fans want.

Well, I think in storytelling it's less about what must happen but more about how it happens.

I mean, everybody expects a happy ending out of a romantic comedy. But after the male lead dies in the middle and the female lead is kicked out of her job, it would kinda be a little weird when near the end it is revealed that the male lead just goes into hiding all this time and suddenly the female lead wins a lottery.

And when people rightly complain "what the heck is with that sudden happy ending", it doesn't mean that they didn't expect or want a happy ending. It's just that the author hasn't earned that happy ending.

... it is a convoluted analogy, I know...

I figured character development in the series would make sense. Meh. Need to lower my expectations. Sasuke's character development hasn't made sense in the previous arcs at all so why would it now?

I mean dude if your looking at Naruto for great or even good character development you might want to look elsewhere.

Though I would recommend you Tokyo Ghoul a Seinen that has really really great character development. Probably one of my favorites if not my favorite so good.

Yeah I know I'm pushing this series so hard, but damn is it so fuckin good. Everyone needs to read it.

jman2050

Nisekoi 138

I love how it took all of three seconds for Miss Princess to see right through Raku and Onod-- Kosaki's fumbling hackneyed attempts at feign casual friendliness.

Hey I was wondering how a girl with a Japanese father and who is obviously obsessed with Japanese culture doesn't have at least a token familiarity with the language, so at least that was sorta addressed.

Can we have regular Chitoge back now please?

Onodera is such a despicable coward she's going to die a lonely old spinster, failing her final attempt with her last words to sputter out her feelings for Raku, who will have been dead for several years.

Nope she's clearly destined to be the Kuroneko in this story. The only question is whether she or Raku eventually breaks it off.

Big One

Banned
I mean dude if your looking at Naruto for great or even good character development you might want to look elsewhere.

Though I would recommend you Tokyo Ghoul a Seinen that has really really great character development. Probably one of my favorites if not my favorite so good.

Yeah I know I'm pushing this series so hard, but damn is it so fuckin good. Everyone needs to read it.
No shit. I know this already, I wasn't expecting great character development or anything just consistent character development. It really doesn't make any real sense why Sasuke wants to do what he wants to do after he changed his outlook when Zombie Itachi talked to him.

Plus he already killed the man responsible for the Uchiha massacre, so why would he still want revenge after that? Things just don't add up at all, and yes I do realize Sasuke had those motivations to destroy the "Leaf" after Danzo's death, which is still abysmally stupid and senseless.

If a character is going on a quest of revenge there isn't any real logical reason why someone like Sasuke would go beyond that. Sasuke's character development is basically, "Now I've had my revenge, now I conquer the WORLD!" which doesn't really follow any semblance of logic from what Kishimoto has written about Sasuke in the series.

If they should battle - Naruto and Sasuke - it should be a battle over who becomes Hokage. Maybe then Kishimoto could write a thing where Sasuke falters in the battle, finding regret for all the terrible shit he's done in the past and perhaps turning him into some type of shinobi jail or perhaps full on suicide for his sins.

No shit. I know this already, I wasn't expecting great character development or anything just consistent character development. It really doesn't make any real sense why Sasuke wants to do what he wants to do after he changed his outlook when Zombie Itachi talked to him.

Plus he already killed the man responsible for the Uchiha massacre, so why would he still want revenge after that? Things just don't add up at all, and yes I do realize Sasuke had those motivations to destroy the "Leaf" after Danzo's death, which is still abysmally stupid and senseless.

If a character is going on a quest of revenge there isn't any real logical reason why someone like Sasuke would go beyond that. Sasuke's character development is basically, "Now I've had my revenge, now I conquer the WORLD!" which doesn't really follow any semblance of logic from what Kishimoto has written about Sasuke in the series.

If they should battle - Naruto and Sasuke - it should be a battle over who becomes Hokage.

Yeah that's true, but what can you do. I just feel at this point Kishi really doesn't care. He just wants to get this over with especially the shipping wars :)

I'll just remember Naruto part 1 being something special and the rest being ignored as meh.

eNh5F5A.png

That was adorable.

And yet...

It didn't even take 5 pages before the powers that be yelled "FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" and slapped him back into reality, only to set out the bait for him again at the end.

It's like the universe/author gets off by the MC continuous suffering.

kasane

That was adorable.

And yet...

It didn't even take 5 pages before the powers that be yelled "FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" and slapped him back into reality, only to set out the bait for him again at the end.

It's like the universe/author gets off by the MC continuous suffering.

this was the dude that gets repeatedly fucked by the girls leaving right?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Naruto

Makes sense. Sasuke has always been aggressive and douchey after Naruto outshines him. And Naruto just effortlessly beat up the Narutoverse's version of God while Sasuke sat there teleporting people and getting lost in the wrong dimension. So of course he'd react like this. Plus, in terms of doucheyness, this is probably the most practical of Sasuke's revenge plots.

I hope people are ready for the inevitable talk no jutsu. They've already stated that it'll take Naruto and Sasuke working together to save everyone

dani_dc

Naruto

Makes sense. Sasuke has always been aggressive and douchey after Naruto outshines him. And Naruto just effortlessly beat up the Narutoverse's version of God while Sasuke sat there teleporting people and getting lost in the wrong dimension. So of course he'd react like this. Plus, in terms of doucheyness, this is probably the most practical of Sasuke's revenge plots.

I hope people are ready for the inevitable talk no jutsu. They've already stated that it'll take Naruto and Sasuke working together to save everyone

Without disagreeing that Talk No Just will likely happen at some point.
Why do they need to work together to save everyone?
Sasuke has basically no one supporting him at this point, while all of the Ninja world regards Naruto as a hero.
Sasuke is unneeded to the healing of the Ninja wold, if he was to die in the coming battle nothing of significance would change.

too bad i have an htc

all the covers i want are on iphone

fuck
Covers are the best selling point of the iPhone.

kasane

Without disagreeing that Talk No Just will likely happen at some point.
Why do they need to work together to save everyone?
Sasuke has basically no one supporting him at this point, while all of the Ninja world regards Naruto as a hero.
Sasuke is unneeded to the healing of the Ninja wold, if he was to die in the coming battle nothing of significance would change.

Covers are the best selling point of the iPhone.

so you're telling me iphones are like dlc. You need to pay more to get more phone

/s

UQ Holder 49

I like how they're just glossing over the fact teenagers are dying left and right in horrible ways. This shit is quite a bit darker than Negima.

You know that Naruto/Sasuke fight? I think that Kishimoto is going to do a callback to their fight when Sasuke left the village.

Reminds me the ending of The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Except all the Naruto characters are less likeable.

kasane

You know that Naruto/Sasuke fight? I think that Kishimoto is going to do a callback to their fight when Sasuke left the village.

Reminds me the ending of The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer. Except all the Naruto characters are less likeable.
I thought kishi was implying the end is the sasuke and naruto battle

wonzo

Banned
Bokura no Hentai 24-25

I can't ever imagine myself being in a similar situation and yet this hit so hard. Doubly so with Ryou's mother finally being dragged kicking and screaming to a hospital for much needed treatment. Powerful stuff.

More people ITT (and everywhere else tbh) really need to read this.

Nekojiru Udon 4

This never ceases to amaze, bewilder, and creep me the fuck out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are we seeing the birth of TragedyGAF, SmutGAF's classier, depressed cousin?

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi

Solid chapter for me. First half I saw coming. Second half I enjoyed with the battery dying and her trying to speak Japanese. That sure was a way to cheat and "show" progress with the kiss though. A little surprised that the arc is still going.

Hayate no Gotoku

Last week's chapter was good and this was amazing. I always enjoy it when Hata show's Hayate's true side. It's been awhile since I actually found HnG funny, so I'm glad.

Well the team doing Tsugumomo just went ham apparently and added like 6 more chapters

Tsugumomo 40

Well that's one way to snap her out of it LOL. Other from that extra possession it went alright.

The curse backlash was expected from shoes girl but i didn't expect that for ribbon girl haha

and it seems Kazuya got another one as well.

Tsugumomo 41

Kazuya is pretty lucky LOLOLOL

Plus more stuff about his memory is coming to surface (he could create them? interesting).

Tsugumomo 42

The Gender bender arc has begun

jacknicholsonnod.gif

Owari no Chronicle Vol. 2-A

I was actually quite interested in this volume, since this one would deal more directly with "names have power" which was fairly relevant but glossed over in Horizon. A few new characters and some interesting confrontations where the naming concepts are used. Mostly, it was a lot of infodumps and exposition in this one, probably setting up for the main negotiation/battle in the next volume. Drags on a bit when it comes to backstory, but I'm still enjoying it. Moving on to 2-B then.

Tsugumomo 43 - 46

these people are causing more trouble and good on the teacher to see the error of her ways early. Girl Kazuya using full power for that moment was interesting as well.

Also had been a while since someone has avoided a curse backlash iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom