• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Blame SAO and increasing online gaming penetration in Japan.

Log Horizon isn't "new", neither is SAO. SAO started in 2009, Log Horizon in 2010. Once SAO set the trend though, other studios moved to snap up similar properties to capitalize on the craze.

RIP .hack, you were 10 years too early.

i thought you weren't gonna say .hack

i was abotu to kill you

dani_dc

Half & Half 6

Oh God, At least in KNIM the friends characters were actual nice people. Here they're awful disgusting beings that fuck their friends partners or push their friends down the top of a building and still blame the person they pushed for their issues.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Half & Half 6

Oh God, At least in KNIM the friends characters were actual nice people. Here they're awful disgusting beings that fuck their friends partners or push their friends down the top of a building and still blame the person they pushed for their issues.

Yeah but you can see where this is going.

kasane

Seraph the end vol. 2

I hope everything is a big conspiracy between the vampires and the humans so MC will become the demon lord

MSMrRound

Alright then, I'll try trudging on.

Good luck. Hope you will come to like it as much as I did. I like Shokugeki No Soma so much that now, I usually leave it as the last chapter of the week (after a few others UQ Holder, Yamada and Seven Witches, Toriko, One Piece) to read as it usually doesn't disappoint me. Once the first arc kicks off, the story gets going really fast. Just keep a open mind about the foodgasms (I find most of them hilarious personally. It's weird how far the author and artist can stretch their imagination sometimes. The art is done by Tosh, who used to draw (is he still drawing?) some hentai, so I do understand why you might be feel a bit weird about the initial tentacle/food reactions you read about in the series).

dani_dc

Half & Half 7-9

Well, we're at the stretch end it feels.
From no masturbation to full on sex happening next chapter.
It'd be nice if this didn't had a happy ending and one of them did die, that would be an actual shook.

This manga started off full Seo drama rather than the usual "luring the unexpected reader for 30 chapters before pain and suffering", but it also went to the healing phase towards a happy ending rather quickly.

It was also nice seeing Seo acknowledging his fellow authors works:
t74onsSl.jpg

Yeah but you can see where this is going.

Yeah, one of the biggest issues of Seo works is that you can tell how they will end before even reading the manga. It's all about the extremely bumpy road to get there.

Good luck. I like Shokugeki No Soma so much that now, I usually leave it as the last chapter of the week (after a few others UQ Holder, Yamada and Seven Witches, Toriko, One Piece) to read as it usually doesn't disappoint me.
Well, it's also usually the last one out there so you wouldn't have much of a choice even if you wanted to read it first.

Still at the start of Chapter 2 of Danganronpa, but I'm really looking forward to see more of Chiaki.

MSMrRound

Well, it's also usually the last one out there so you wouldn't have much of a choice even if you wanted to read it first.

Well, if all of the chapters happen to be available at the same time I mean=P e.g 85 coming out around same time as the rest. Love saving the best for last. With any luck 86 should be coming out rather soon.

Still at the start of Chapter 2 of Danganronpa, but I'm really looking forward to see more of Chiaki.

She's the best.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Good luck. Hope you will come to like it as much as I did. I like Shokugeki No Soma so much that now, I usually leave it as the last chapter of the week (after a few others UQ Holder, Yamada and Seven Witches, Toriko, One Piece) to read as it usually doesn't disappoint me. Once the first arc kicks off, the story gets going really fast. Just keep a open mind about the foodgasms (I find most of them hilarious personally. It's weird how far the author and artist can stretch their imagination sometimes. The art is done by Tosh, who used to draw (is he still drawing?) some hentai, so I do understand why you might be feel a bit weird about the initial tentacle/food reactions you read about in the series).

Not all of the foodgasms are lewd:

Xmg0C4i.png

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma 86 Spoilers

They're still not judging!

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with the VRMMO boom in manga/anime/LN if they were all more like Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari / The Rising of the Shield Hero. I love Anti-Hero LN/manga.

Although I don't know if actually qualifies as a VRMMO story. There are things in it that makes it seem like it isn't. I haven't read enough of it yet though to confirm or deny.

Angry Grimace

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with the VRMMO boom in manga/anime/LN if they were all more like Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari / The Rising of the Shield Hero. I love Anti-Hero LN/manga.

Although I don't know if actually qualifies as a VRMMO story. There are things in it that makes it seem like it isn't. I haven't read enough of it yet though to confirm or deny.

I still don't understand the reason he didn't notice his foxgirl turned into a Fox (although to me she looks more like whatever Gadget Hackwrench was from Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers)

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword 2

No! Villager ;_:

Flying Witch 14

What did the fox says?
Woof

I still don't understand the reason he didn't notice his foxgirl turned into a Fox (although to me she looks more like whatever Gadget Hackwrench was from Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers)

The way I had it explained to me was that there was a hate stat that exists in that world. It's the same reason why he couldn't taste food either or notice her growing up. He was so focused on his hate and how he'd been wronged, and that no one believed him that his powers of defense kind muted out his emotions and the world. The raccoon girl helped him conquer his depression and get over it a little, and as a result he could taste food again. It's the same reason why he didn't recognize Raphtalia at first either in her adult form when he snapped out of it. Something similar can happen when you suffer deep depression so I buy it-I think its called Depersonalization or dissociative disorder?

People are theorycrafting that he could use it as a weapon sorta later I guess.

His rage coming to a point caused him to unlock the 'cursed' line of shield powers anyway. I'm kinda wondering what'll happen with that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shima Shima 2-9

Firstly I am super surprised that this is seinen. It's being told purely from the perspective of the female protagonist, and it deals with subjects like divorce, the ability to love again and the insecurity one feels when they are suddenly left alone, Quite a bit like the themes makoto shinkai explores I guess.

It's supposed to be about a story of how a woman is running what is essentially a host club, except instead of people pouring drinks in seedy bars, it's a bunch of cute dudes who go around sleeping with women who have anxiety issues. I do mean actually sleeping too, no hanky panky so far, and how just having someone to sleep beside you can help soothe you. It's really about the main protagonist though, and how she deals with a life after being abruptly divorced by her cheating husband, and how she deals with having to fill a hole that has been a big part of her life. The whole host sleeping thing was initially born from this idea, but so far there's really not much of a connective tissue between the two stories I feel.

Still, it could change. Now it's just a nice slice of life about a woman trying to rebuild her life.

Mushoku Tensei 1-95 LN/WN
Many sleepless nights have been spent on this, it's also the cause of why I disappeared for 2 days in neogaf.
Can I say that volume 7 and 8 is just boring as hell? Holy crap I did not want that.
Well the goal is to get to the latest chapter, so far so good.(I have bad tastes in books anyway, i read everything i guess.)

Shokugeki no Soma 86 RAW
best first scene

Usobuko

Banned
Firstly I am super surprised that this is seinen. It's being told purely from the perspective of the female protagonist, and it deals with subjects like divorce, the ability to love again and the insecurity one feels when they are suddenly left alone, Quite a bit like the themes makoto shinkai explores I guess.

It's supposed to be about a story of how a woman is running what is essentially a host club, except instead of people pouring drinks in seedy bars, it's a bunch of cute dudes who go around sleeping with women who have anxiety issues. I do mean actually sleeping too, no hanky panky so far, and how just having someone to sleep beside you can help soothe you. It's really about the main protagonist though, and how she deals with a life after being abruptly divorced by her cheating husband, and how she deals with having to fill a hole that has been a big part of her life. The whole host sleeping thing was initially born from this idea, but so far there's really not much of a connective tissue between the two stories I feel.

Still, it could change. Now it's just a nice slice of life about a woman trying to rebuild her life.

I'm not as far as you but I did remember checking it out.

I guess I will say I am much much more attuned to seinen/josei works for romance and slice of life series. I just find myself often unable to relate to shounen/shoujo ones, be it the content or artstyle.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm not as far as you but I did remember checking it out.

I guess I will say I am much much more attuned to seinen/josei works for romance and slice of life series. I just find myself often unable to relate to shounen/shoujo ones, be it the content or artstyle.

I don't think that I've read much seinen romance actually. In fact I can't really think of one, except for this one, though this one reads a lot more like a josei work.

But yeah, I tend to agree that I enjoy josei romance more.

Revo

If it isn't getting some sort of sequel then lol. Considering they've only expanded the plot lines in recent chapters.

Aizo

Banned
It was cool indeed. The stripes made me think of panties. I wonder if that was the main intent.
Look up pictures of him!

Post during a time when I'm awake!

That's really cool though. Did you get to see him? The photos of him certainly makes him look... eccentric.
Nah. He hid behind a curtain or something . :/
I liked it. This isnt the first time you did this iirc

I couldnt see the statue you were mentioning tho
I just talked about going, but I didn't actually go until now. I'll post another picture of a closeup when I get to my computer.

I mean currently looking at the sales Tokyo Ghoul on average sells about 500K or above per Vol. While Terra Formars sells above 300K per Vol. So I thought Tokyo Ghoul is selling more unless I'm mistaken.

Anyways quality wise Tokyo Ghoul is better.

Youre mistaken, Terraformars is over 670k per volune, ghoul only reached 500k once the anime came. Even in a week with both ghoul and terraformars, terraformars is still ahead. (350k v10+ 120k v10 with ova).

Revo

The Breaker: New Waves 171

Classic Breaker ending.

Westwood Vibrato 26

Looks like this time we're dealing with special children. Wonder what happens next.

Soul Catcher(S) 21

To the confrontation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom