• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha 43
Oh my fucking god, dat Uka x Touka *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
Jesus christ on a stick, I swear if they don't give Uka her hair color back ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Lol, chapter 143 of Tokyo Ghoul is the final chapter, volume 14 is the final volume: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-12/tokyo-ghoul-manga-to-end-this-month/.78700

"You can't go any farther than V14."

This is really unexpected like wow. I mean there are lots of things that haven't been explained in the manga. Hope there's a sequel. And welp
please Kaneki don't die.

Though now that I think about it there might definitely be a sequel. Because the name Tokyo Ghoul itself limits anything outside of Tokyo in the manga. So maybe the sequel will be outside of Tokyo.

Anyways Ishida is probably gonna leave it on a huge cliffhanger. That's definitely what he's good at.

Usobuko

Banned
The only SAO I read
220px-Saocover2.jpg

Wish this SAO is more popular

Best korean artist for me.

[Fugo]

Wait

I found today that a new Baki series started recently
Baki Dou

I thought it was over, I'm really glad it's going on. Hanma Baki was great but still left things unresolved
(Retsu Kaio boxing career, Pickle still unddefeated, Yujiro aknoledges Baki but still quite stronger)

Zweizer

Banned
Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku ch1-End

It's an... interesting read that tells the story of two children with issues but, well, the whole thing felt somewhat unsatisfying somehow. The beginning is slow to go through and the conclusion was somewhat rushed, with most resolutions being left as short panels. Not bad but a bit disappointing.

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch0

Well, I thought I left it sitting on my backlog for far too long. Pretty fun pilot chapter with great art and interesting scenes. Food looked delicious too, even if I'm not particularily into cooking mangas.

I'm fuckin depressed. Due to chapter 142 there might be a
chance that Kaneki actually is dead
in Tokyo Ghoul since it's ending. If there's gonna be a sequel
it may have a new protagonist.

Fuck I have to read Yotsuba now.

Quixzlizx

In protest of the varied weaksauce bettors and their copout avatars, I've changed mine to the people's goddess, Tachibana Marika. Non-ManGAF will be exposed to Nisekoi whether they like it or not.

I'd also like to thank Zweizer, without whose help this avatar would not be possible.

upandaway

Magi

That's... quite the simple conclusion. I thought we already knew that Al Tharmen is everyone's common enemy. In the end the entire flashback was basically just an Al Tharmen origin story.
To be honest I'm not really looking forward to the inevitable Al Tharmen conflict. I just wonder if there'll be anything else to the rest of the manga (like explaining the bonus chapter about Solomon's dad) or if this is our route to the ending.

image.php

Who
Are
You?
grrrrrrrr

Lol, chapter 143 of Tokyo Ghoul is the final chapter, volume 14 is the final volume: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-12/tokyo-ghoul-manga-to-end-this-month/.78700

"You can't go any farther than V14."

An interesting fact that has been brought up is that Chapter 72's title is "Halfway". While it could be pure coincidence, Ishida has shown time and time again that he loves using subtle hints in this series.

Also, hello to everyone. It's my first time posting in this thread and I got tired of simply lurking.

Usobuko

Banned
I asked because I just read 8 chapters of his detective Mitarai series ( Mitarai - The Records of The Detective Kiyoshi Mitarai ) in manga form and I'm hooked.

Quick, your top 5!

Going through the ringer already, eh? Well I can try, though I don't read as much manga these days as I did a few years ago. Anyway, in no specific order...

• Hellsing
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Dragon Ball
  • Tokyo Ghoul (most recent addi(ction)tion)
  • Blood Alone (I nearly died when I learned it was pulled out of publication; supposedly it is to be continued as a dōjinshi)

I'm probably forgetting a number of series I really liked over the years, but those immediately come to mind so I guess they'll suffice for a Top 5.

Welcome to MangaNisekoiGAF, where everyone discusses who's the best girl!

Thanks. Unfortunately, I haven't read that series. Well, I read the one-shot years ago and only recently learned that it had evolved into a full publication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom