• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Wagatsuma-san END

It's all over. Glad we got to see everyone again. The arc felt a little abrupt, but I still think it did a good enough job concluding the series.

Suzuka 4-5

So we have another female added to the mix. Though so far I want Honoka to win but knowing the title it ain't gonna happen. Man Honoka is so much better like she's nice and appreciative. But Suzuka here is a total bitch for no damn reason. And knowing Seo it's gonna get worse. Fuckin Seo always making the worst girl win. One of the reasons why I didn't like KNIM.

Suzuka 22-30

Of course it had to be a dead lover syndrome!

The MC is an idiot as usual, confronting her because he thinks is just a replacement, c'mon dude, you are the one being a creppy stalker!

But of course the bitch couldn't get her mouth shut and the MC had to come to the rescue being a bigmouth and failing like a loser lol

At least Asahina is *kinda* nice to him now...

Also being Honoka is suffering...poor girl.

Well, I'm done for the week, for now is pretty generic but not that bad. I can only imagine it gets way worse later lol.

Revo

Rock me Amadeus 1

Her breasts are like half a breast area too down in some panels.
Also somewhat interesting. As long as they incorporate more music than just as their names then it's all good.

kasane

Sporting Salt ch1

Art is alright I guess even if proportions and body positions are sometimes weird, and characters are straightforward. Nothing outstanding, however I feel this series would be much better off as a seinen, as the concept of sports medicine itself isn't bad but trying to make it some sort of action-packed "to be the best" manga doesn't feel appropriate.

Oh, didn't knew about this condition. Well, at least it's one thing this thing called Judos did right.

I havent read the end yet but wagatsuma is really worst girl

Revo

Nanatsu no Taizai 94

With her alive it's basically confirmed that it's going to continue a good time after this battle is over.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 5-16

Man this is weird, I keep flip-flopping between feeling really bad for Ishida with what he went through and with his suicidal tendencies and finding his obsessive need to gain validation by "atoning" for his childhood mistakes kind of pathetic. I can't tell if this was the intended reaction or if I'm just being callous.

Nishimiya is basically a walking plot device right now but I don't expect that to last. Her perspective on things is going to be very important to how this story plays out so I hope they eventually do a good job fleshing out her character. Nishimiya's mom... well I don't really like her (surprise surprise) but I'd be hard-pressed to judge her harshly for being an ass considering the circumstances.

Not a whole lot of suffering so far but it seems we're going to reintroduce characters from elementary school, and there's no way that can end well. Gotta press on...

Revo

Diamond no Ace wherever I was-191

welp they lost. Expected it when parallels were drawn between other team's ace and protag, although always had it in the back of my mind since he's still in the infantile phase of his pitching career.

Hope new first years are good characters.

UmKwjiB.jpg

Df4kEst.jpg

UQ Holder! 49

Dark.

So wait Santa is really dead?!?

Nooooooo.

Then what goings to happen during Christmas?

We can't count on just anyone to deliver presents for all the good little boys and girls.

Except maybe Tim Allen.

But I'm not sure if he's willing to do that again after Santa Clause 3.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 17-19

Sahara connects with Nishimiya, the group has a jolly ole time, Ishida tries to forget the people from his past he'd rather not remember which of course means he runs into one of them almost immediately.

I'm not going into this completely blind so I'm generally aware of Ueno's, erm, reputation. To an extent anyway. Let's see what happens.

Koe no Katachi 20-21

B23GnQ4.jpg

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 22

Yo this girl needs a couple slaps to the head. And Ishida needs a slap in the head for wanting to have anything to do with her.

Nishimiya in a ponytail is cute.

Koe no Katachi 23

You had one job Ishida, ONE JOB.

Actually in all seriousness I'm kinda glad he ended up misunderstanding, I don't feel like he's in a mental state at the moment where a potential romantic relationship wouldn't just make things worse for him.

Revo

Diamond no Ace 192-216

The amount of progress he's had doesn't feel like it was worth 216 chapters. It might be more realistic or the games take longer because there are more people but dammmn i expected more growth.

Diamond no Ace 217-224

Help him Chris-sempai!

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 25-27

Yo I am so mad right now you wouldn't believe it. And I don't mean like "haha something shocking and crazy happened let me RAAAAAGE about it and oversell my disgust because RAAAAAAAAGE is funny" I mean I'm legitimately upset at what is happening here.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Koe no Katachi 25-27

Yo I am so mad right now you wouldn't believe it. And I don't mean in the "haha something shocking and crazy happened let me RAAAAAGE about it and oversell my disgust because RAAAAAAAAGE is funny" I mean I'm legitimately upset at what is happening here.

Know the meaning of "true suffering", and despair.

Nordicus

Koe no Katachi 25-27

Yo I am so mad right now you wouldn't believe it. And I don't mean in the "haha something shocking and crazy happened let me RAAAAAGE about it and oversell my disgust because RAAAAAAAAGE is funny" I mean I'm legitimately upset at what is happening here.
You have to admit, Ueno makes for a rather believable antagonist doesn't she? She has that certain rhetoric

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gems from the forums of the team that does Shokugeki no Soma:

When will the chapter 87 will be out? you're so delayed in releasing Soma

C'mon where is soma 87..soma 88 is out in Japan today....work faster, just like i said before who need redrawer for manga with high quality RAW...just replace dialog bubble and post...Finish

or better drop this project and I'm sure some other scanlation group will pick it up and will do the job faster

(hint no it isn't out in Japan today)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Complaining about getting something free (illegally too) slightly late just because the scanlators want to make a higher quality translation is the worst.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 28-32

That whole grandma storyline was suffering incarnate. Yuzuru is quickly becoming my favorite character. That moment during the flashback when she started cutting her hair... :(

Koe no Katachi 33

Nagatsuka is a bro. He's probably the only reason this whole thing hasn't completely self-destructed yet.

Revo

Boo to people like that.

Diamond no Ace 225-246

Up to date ignoring the volume skipped stuff. Going to miss Chris and Tetsu the most, but most of the 3rd years a lot more memorable than the other 1st-2nd years.

Seems to be about average shounen sport manga. Never really hyped during games but it has a few good characters (even if some are leaving/gone).

Rhapsody

Banned
Koe no Katachi 54

"I don't really want you to cry, but... if crying will solve anything... I want you to cry"

I really liked that line in this chapter. Holding back how they felt led to what happened, and they want to move on front the past and walk forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom