• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see everybody reading this Koe no Katachi

read the description and it sounds depressing beyond belief.... even publishers thought it was controversial

I don't want to read some intense bullying story

I see everybody reading this Koe no Katachi

I don't want to read some intense bullying story

shut up and read the mango.
Its not the best but it does what it does best

It sucks that we agreed to do a certain amount per week and someone or more than one person decided to ignore it or just can't read and went ahead.

oh well people can do whatever they want I don't really care any more.

it was fun while it lasted

i think you should continue the contest though. Why not make it so that the fastest person to finish the manga get a bit higher priority for the recommendation. And if the person leave earlier while having read extra, then double the amount of time he or she have to place the profile picture.
Risk reward i guess.

It sucks that we agreed to do a certain amount per week and someone or more than one person decided to ignore it or just can't read and went ahead.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's hard to do an actual book club reading thing anyway on a forum when discussions are pretty much asynchronous. If you want to do it properly it would be that everyone would read 30 chapters and have a pre-arranged day and time where it's being discussed together. Which is probably more easily done in an IRC channel or something.

It would be nice if there can be an actual manga club like that.

If anything, this challenge never felt like a read only so many chapters per week so we can discuss it later.

Instead it is a you have to read so many chapters a week or you'll lose, an endurance run. So if someone has the will to keep reading after their only so many assigned chapters, then more power (and less sanity) to them.

Considering there's a prize at the end of this, it's not for the enjoyment of the manga but more of seeing who lasts the longest. Otherwise, there's no reason for a prize cause the only prize would have been thrill of reading the manga.

I don't think marathoning something shit in 2 days is hard though.

The idea of the specific amount of chapters a week is that's a commitment. It's 5 or 6 weeks of reading something you probably don't like.

Hell I could burn through Toriko or Nana to Kaoru super quickly and easily if I wanted to, even if I hate them.

The people that make it to the end of the 6 weeks having read everything even if they hate it would be more impressive to me.

Like if we want to keep it going we can, but I'd at least like to make it clear either way if we're sticking to a limit or not. I'll leave it up to everyone else/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, it seems like most people are sticking to the limit.

Also you deserve all the Seo mangas for hating on nana to kaoru. >:|

Koe no Katachi CH1,1.5,2

Long haired girl is turning into a little bitch.... Protag kid (boy) is just plain ignorant to the point of annoyance and cruelty

Sure she may be slowing down the class but helping people get by is the way of life don't complain it isn't like you'd doing anything productive with those minutes

You know what

Fuck the Protag boy too

Fuck the Class.... Fuck that Sensei... "I know how you feel" seriously act your age

Edit: Koe no Katachi 3

BETRAYALS EVERYWHERE o_O

Fuck that Class Rep..... Fuck you miniBitch X2.... Fuck the protags Best bud
everyone is rotten in this class it seem

....Continues to read

Revo

Well I started Suzuka so I'm going to finish it regardless of the bookclub.

My impression of the how many per week strawpoll was that that was the minmax of the week, you read 30 you're done for the week soooo (not to mention there was the weekly timetable at the post which announced the start of it)

I was also planning to go back and read all the suzuka impressions after I finished my 30 (as to not be spoiled)but if more people are going to post past the 30 then I'll probably just skip that and just continue reading forward at my own pace.

I'd prefer for people to stay at 30/week (or at the minimum, only post about 30/week). There was never any feasible way to stop people from reading ahead in any type of bookclub so the most I'll hope for is for people to respect that many people will only be doing 30/week and not post too much past each week's max

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Tsun-dere

The idea of the specific amount of chapters a week is that's a commitment. It's 5 or 6 weeks of reading something you probably don't like.

Hell I could burn through Toriko or Nana to Kaoru super quickly and easily if I wanted to, even if I hate them.

The people that make it to the end of the 6 weeks having read everything even if they hate it would be more impressive to me.

Like if we want to keep it going we can, but I'd at least like to make it clear either way if we're sticking to a limit or not. I'll leave it up to everyone else/

I told you 30 is too few, man. It doesn't take very long to read a freakin' Seo manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have an alternate scenario: if Costigan-kun keeps being all tsun about the book club he automatically loses because who cares if someone reads too much Seo

jman2050

Koe no Katachi

Forget the chapter-by-chapter impressions, I just hope we're through with the worst of it. Nishimiya's POV chapter is pretty much the worst thing ever written, but in a good way, you know?

Ueno and Kawai please go away forever.

You know what

Fuck the Protag boy too

Fuck the Class.... Fuck that Sensei... "I know how you feel" seriously act your age

Edit: Koe no Katachi 3

BETRAYALS EVERYWHERE o_O

Fuck that Class Rep..... Fuck you miniBitch X2.... Fuck the protags Best bud
everyone is rotten in this class it seem

....Continues to read

Moral of the story: kids are assholes

Koe no Katachi

Forget the chapter-by-chapter impressions, I just hope we're through with the worst of it. Nishimiya's POV chapter is pretty much the worst thing ever written, but in a good way, you know?

Ueno and Kawai please go away forever.

That was one of my favorite chapters. The author did a great job making us uncomfortable, something Shoko experiences everyday.

Yeah the sensei even though he is a adult is another stupid kid too

Koe no Katachi Chapter 4-5
The boy grew up into a man
While his so called former "friends" live like sheep in highschool filled with hypocrisy

I have a feeling even that though he reunited with the girl from his past that someone from his past will try to ruin everything just because they're assholes

You know what, I'm not totally happy with Koe no Katachi. I thought the first part was fine, but I imagined the second part would be a more calmed part where the protagonist would learn to forgive and be forgiven and deal with other people with normality.
Instead we had drama, more drama and some melodrama on top of it. It made it felt less "real", imo.

Koe no Katachi 9

Protective brother enters the fry

Plus midget afro dude is great too.... I just hope they aren't backstabbers too

I am on high alert for something bad to happen

Rhapsody

Banned
Even though Koe no Katachi has a lot of bad stuff happening, I'm glad the author doesn't write it in a fashion of "I wonder how I can make my readers suffer even more".

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Oh... My bad. Sorry. I will stop posting.

Koe no Katachi 15

lol dude Afro man is basically an old Japanese women
Also that bro is a sis
I ship afro dude and protective sis

Still on high alert for something bad to happen :mad:

Quasar

Well for me I'm reading at a slower pace. Probably two volumes a week. Simply because with my lmited time and the other media I consume I dont really have time for more. Its a reread for me so its not like I can be spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom