• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Iinazuke Kyoutei 23 - as expected the pact adds a member. I'm really not used to curly headed characters like this in manga.

pahamrick

I want to thank everyone who posted about Shokugeki no Soma, as it got me to check it out.

I would also like to curse you all because now I have to wait for new chapters.

jman2050

Koe no Katachi 39

I know I'm skipping ahead but Kawai please fall into a ditch somewhere.

Ueno isn't helping either.

Koe no Katachi 40-42

VgPGVpN.jpg

Suzuka 30/30
Goddamnit of course the dead guy is going to haunt the living in this manga. Fucking hell, I didn't see that coming.

Other girl is added to the mix, and him losing the competition like any mango because of planned future plot development plus him being an idiot and being called and idiot over and over again is getting on my nerves.

Well that's all i guess. Will continue trudging on.

Zweizer

Banned
Koe no Katachi ch54

Right in the feels. I think I'm going to cry.

。:゚(ノω\)゚・。

Predicting right now....

Naruto

Naruto and Sasuke will look at each other.... some pics here and there about their friendship/rivalry.... eye squints, preceded by some small attacks then a clash where they stare at each other before the chapter ends (more of a build up chapter then a full on fight)

Bonus Points if we see Sakura being sad while looking at the battle with Sasuke in her heart

One Piece

Flashback with some current stuff in the mix... as in the ending may have Law do a major move

Toriko

Shige is still alive.... Teppei doesn't face Toriko in the end (maybe a hit here and there but not a full out battle)

Bleach

We will get to see some other Shinegamis in the middle of the chapter.... maybe a page ending with Ichigo

HXH

lol

upandaway

The anime jumps around chapters so much that you might as well start from the beginning.
That's a bummer. Guess I'll skip chapters I've seen as I come across them like in Tonari no Seki-kun... that's a bummer though.

Taiyou no Ie 46

I didn't actually expect them to treat the novel misunderstanding as an actual subplot to solve, I figured they'd either leave it or deal with it quickly. I guess it makes sense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also, the anime cuts some of the chapters short to fit into an episode. Certain key revelations/gags got either teased or left off entirely.

You get to experience nozaki-kun all over again though!

LeleSocho

Banned
Waiting for Philip's reaction to this Koe no Katachi chapter.

Koe no Katachi 54

Not even an hug? Only a pat on the shoulder? How long will it take? ;__;

Nanatsu no Taizai 94

So many random characters and stuff are happening that it is too hard to try and keep up/remember

A offscreen death for that Tornado guy is just sad :(

Also what is more surprising then the surprise of Veronica being alive is that a random mage chick came from now where... Where the hell did she come from... how the hell is her healing ability so good... future antagonist in the making

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Koe no Katachi 54
Let the healing begin! I don't want to ruin my current feeling, so today i won't be reading Suzuka

Sengoku Youko 63

So gooood!

Suzuka 9-13

On the bright side, the MC did have a courage to
confess
unlike Raku who doesn't have any progress with any of six girls whatsoever for 130+ chapters

Suzuka 14

Starting volume 3! Let's g-

mjl.gif

... back on topic, he recovered quite fast

Taiyou no Ie 46

Maos new mom is pretty awesome. Hope she and Mao can have a great relationship. I just feel like shes going to choose her old mom though.

Koe no Katachi 39

I know I'm skipping ahead but Kawai please fall into a ditch somewhere.

Ueno isn't helping either.

Koe no Katachi 40-42

Man you caught up in one night :O

Fairy Tail 401

This got all awesome again I cant wait to see it, why the anime have to go into a filler arc before adapting this epic arc. :(

Were all fired up.

-
New kings game origin chapter sometime today, yes!

dani_dc

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome END

Well that was a disappointing and cliched ending.
Worst, everything ends where it started, dude having time slips and hoping he'll marry Wagatsuma in the future.

The dude story is really depressing, he essencially spent hte entire series after Wagatsuma because she was the "pretty popular girl in class", during the story he barely got to know her and the only time he dated her things didn't work out at all.
He had two other attractive girls with who he got along better and yet he refused to go after any of them cause "Wagatsuma is going to be my wife" and no other reason. Itou even went out of her confort zone to try and help him and be with him, and instead he decides to reject her and spend 10 years going after Wagatsuma by never talking to her. And in the end everything still ends as it began.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ishida should lure her to the balcony and then push her off.

Guys we need to take a vote here

Kayos read more than 20 chapters over the allocation and is now practically spoiling shit.

Does he auto lose now because he broke the rules?

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome END

Well that was a disappointing and cliched ending.
Worst, everything ends where it started, dude having time slips and hoping he'll marry Wagatsuma in the future.

The dude story is really depressing, he essencially spent hte entire series after Wagatsuma because she was the "pretty popular girl in class", during the story he barely got to know her and the only time he dated her things didn't work out at all.
He had two other attractive girls with who he got along better and yet he refused to go after any of them cause "Wagatsuma is going to be my wife" and no other reason. Itou even went out of her confort zone to try and help him and be with him, and instead he decides to reject her and spend 10 years going after Wagatsuma by never talking to her. And in the end everything still ends as it began.

my issue is that she never proved why she should be the winner, especially with that fucking godawful final "arc" where everything is being rushed to hell and back.

i would really want to know what fucking happened to this series behind the scenes for it to spew all that shit in the end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Reading people's impressions of koe no katachi and I'm not even sure if the people reading it want it to be happy.

Its because the babies ending would be kind of random now and none of the other lingering threads with the other characters was really resolved.

and here i am about to post 16 chapters ahead.
And did you even had a rule banning additional reading?

the whole point was that we would do 30 chapters per week.

it was all laid out in the main post

that way we could read a certain amount per week and have everyone around the same part of the story so people who don't have the time to read more won't be coming in and getting spoiled and stuff.

we'd also all be talking about the same stuff too.

That's how book clubs work.

I can't really stop people reading ahead and not telling anyone about it but please don't post shit from chapter 52 when the people who actually went by the amount per week we agreed on haven't gotten near that yet.

Antiwhippy

If you're scared of spoilers then I have no idea how you survived in this thread for that long. :p

Just quickly scroll past the title. That's why we bold the titles.

Its because the babies ending would be kind of random now and none of the other lingering threads with the other characters was really resolved.

Oh I have absolutely 0 cotnext for it so I wouldn't understand, I just found it funny after reading impressions of the chapters leading up to this.

Antiwhippy

Eh, it's just one guy. It's not like you guys are coming together after reading 30 chapters to discuss the nuance and rich narratives. :p Most people are just posting short individual chapter impressions. Which is kinda not what you do with a weekly book read.

30 chapters a week is super drawn out anyway. If you want to do it like a real man you give the person 2 days max for the whole manga.

Heck, I'll read 30 volumes in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom