• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
UQ Holder 44

6Bz4It6.png

Are those photos of an actual murder scene? Da fuck, Akamatsu?

wonzo

Banned
Himawari-san 1-22

Energetic pea-brained highschooler falls head over heels with the demure owner of a bookstore which gets her into reading. Thanks to the art it really feels like a more relaxed yuri version of Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou but without the ~book mysteries~.

kasane

I think? they are the names of the websites that the Japanese government are going to try and close down to try get rid of anime/manga piracy.

Not 100% sure but remember reading something about it this week.
Yeah i read about it earlier

Hey nippon globalize manga then we're off to a good start

It aint happening

I wonder what the groups reactions are

_hekk05

Banned
Man they flagged the meow site.

I don't really think it'll work though. Scanlations/fansubs are what drove interest in anime/manga overseas in the first place, and removing them can mean people not buying legitimate copies. Either because they don't know about it or because they don't know if they like it.

Unless they hire a city of translators and translate everything, make them available everywhere and for a reasonable price, ain't happening.

upandaway

Seems like they're only going after the aggregate sites, which won't do anything. Almost all scanlators have their own site or at least their own page for downloading or reading the handful of stuff they're doing.

And about providing a legal alternative, forget the thousands of manga released every week, they haven't even made the big 3 available yet.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 133

Ñot much of interest in this chapter.

Older-dera choice of cloth was pretty disappointed, you can look "plain/normal" and still look cute and memorable, the sailor uniform just made her fade into the background, should had just went with one of her regular suits.

Now lets see what's the suit that's going to win it for the superior Onodera.

I bet the prize will be a date with Raku (and that he's be unaware of the prize).

Nisekoi 133.1

That was a bit disappointing, would be more interesting if she had a stronger side to her, but I guess cuteness triumphs over everything.

Koe No Katachi 47

Nice introspect chapter on Sahara, it was nice to finally see some insight into her last few years.
Ueno still acting like a bouncer is amusing.

Hopefully Ueno made the winning suit for Onodera.

Usobuko

Banned
Was wondering why the artstyle of Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki was so familiar. Done by the author of Katekin and Zoo Factory.

I'm glad that he was given a chance to go again in the world of manga.

_hekk05

Banned
Looks like they give up on China/Taiwan sites.

Ehhh they still are. No 6 on the list of manga sites is pretty big.

There are so many of them though, and you can find chapters on BBS sites anyway. This just makes it harder for those who don't understand chinese

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think? they are the names of the websites that the Japanese government are going to try and close down to try get rid of anime/manga piracy.

Not 100% sure but remember reading something about it this week.

They are going to close down youtube and vimeo?

kasane

Chinese trabslators are lightning fast if they are interested in the work

I remember looking for raws and i saw em in china sites first

zeromcd73

Marika is going to be the main heroine on the front of the PS Vita game cover from the overwhelming support from here fans. Thank you once again Y-san for supporting your waifu.

kasane

Y-san so dedicated

New girl for cover pls

Cant play nisekoi majikore anymore after all the waifu points i amassed

Guggle wont let me update

Duck duck duck

Shengar

Seems like they're only going after the aggregate sites, which won't do anything. Almost all scanlators have their own site or at least their own page for downloading or reading the handful of stuff they're doing.

And about providing a legal alternative, forget the thousands of manga released every week, they haven't even made the big 3 available yet.
Not to mention local law and moral norms that makes certain manga absolutely impossible to get licensed. The options are either imported the japanese version, or the english version if you are lucky, and neither of this option cheap (especially when your country have rubbish rate against US$).

I would love to see Kingdom on my shelves, but man, it just nigh impossible without spending at least $400.

Vito

Banned
probably not like every other push

It'll work... for those commissioned to do the site (Tokyo Otaku Mode?) and the piracy "study", they'll be profiting, but that's about it. I don't think this thing has any input from foreign publishers that actually deal with scanlators at all.

Everyone should lrn2moonrune anyway. The rawlands hold many mysteries

Because flipping through raws requires passing through a magical portal, where safe passage is granted to only those who write a long elaborate essay in glorious Japanese.

_hekk05

Banned
Because flipping through raws requires passing through a magical portal, where safe passage is granted to only those who write a long elaborate essay in glorious Japanese.

Lol I actually have not taken any official japanese language classes. I mostly use my dictionary. And I practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom