• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

The average asian guy is like 5'7 I think

Ah ok, I have don't really have a grasp on what the average height is in japan, or america for that matter I was never normal size so everyone just seemed kinda small. i just assumed everyone was around average height unless it was extreme .

scy

Peephole 34 - Well, okay.

Little sister will either A) End up being more fucked up than her brother or B) This is actually harmless.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say that if you grew up in an Asian country anime and manga are pretty much childhood staples, whereas for the west it's more about comics. I think western cartoons are pretty popular in Asia though. It was where I grew up.

_hekk05

Banned
Soma 81 spoilers

Nikumi is angry, Soma thinking of being a lawyer if he loses (lol)

Everyone thinks Soma will lose, which basically means he will win

A kouhai reporting about shokugeki news is following Soma around. Look zweizer its you!

Zweizer

Banned
I guess at this point it's better to ask who isn't asian here.

But still, pretty surprising to learn that even for scanlations the majority of readers remain asian. I'd have thought it would have a broader demographics range.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Red Blood Red Legacy 17
After this sequence gets done in like 50 chapters from now, I'm just going to drop it. We'll never get back to vampire girl at this rate.

scy

How do you guys even find mattresses big enough to sleep on? I'm only 5'9 and sometimes my feet hang past my mattress

Standard US size mattresses range from 75" (Twin, Full) to 80" (Queen, King).

~6'2" and it's not really an issue and I only have a full-size bed.

survivor

Banned
The Ice Wanderer
hiDLwyY.jpg
Found some more Jiro Taniguchi stuff, never realized that he has got a lot more works published than I thought would be. This one is a short short collection mostly dealing with humans relations with nature, animals, and death. Pretty diverse settings in the stories, even a couple being set here in Canada out of all the places.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Beelzebub

Bikini arc. Needs more memory-loss Hilda.

Village

That's a position for the weak

Mattresses are expensive as shit though

I think I'll fit a queen sized bed into my room after I move. It'll be in 4 years

Eh stuff gets a bit more pricey when you gotta accommodate extra of yourself. but i aint doing bad so eh.

Also what is stretch? because that looks funny

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 81 Raw

Seems like there's some kind of side arc? There's a Nikumi blush face, also.

Village

Stretch by Akili. A josei slice of life educational with tones of shoujo ai manga about the relationship of two roomates.

Also, that picture panda posted is from Yotsuba&!, not Stretch.

ah alright.

Well now I gotta see what stretch is to see what caused the reaction

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Fatal Frame/Zero 3
Creepy guy just hanging out outside of the apartment.

I wonder if her friend could see suicide guy, or if she just felt him.

Lain

The Ice Wanderer

Found some more Jiro Taniguchi stuff, never realized that he has got a lot more works published than I thought would be. This one is a short short collection mostly dealing with humans relations with nature, animals, and death. Pretty diverse settings in the stories, even a couple being set here in Canada out of all the places.

Jiro Taniguchi is one author I avoid. I haven't read anything from him, so I avoid him out of pure ignorance and perception, because I get the feeling his works emanate an aura of boring from reading the synopsis that kills any intention I might have to even pick up one of his books.
Tell me how wrong I am and why.

Jiro Taniguchi is one author I avoid. I haven't read anything from him, so I avoid him out of pure ignorance and perception, because I get the feeling his works emanate an aura of boring from reading the synopsis that kills any intention I might have to even pick up one of his books.

You are wrong, So very wrong.

I will left the why to others :p.

But seriously, read Harukana Machi-e and My father's journal.

survivor

Banned

Haruka na Machi e is a very good manga, probably his best work. The synopsis even has time travel in it, no way it can be boring with that.

The Walking Man is also good, mostly no dialogues lots of walking and appreciating of scenery and whatnot. It could be boring, but it's a relatively quick read and can give you a good idea of his art and style of storytelling.

VRMN

Wagatsuma 91

Well, I am in shock.
I'm not, at least insofar as the series desperately needing something to renew interest. After the whole thing seemed to wrap and it felt like they were just stalling, I came very close to dropping it. Kind of glad I didn't now.

scy

You still have to account for the pillow though. Which means being 6' with a size 75'' mattress you can rather easily have your feet hang past it.

How exactly is this pillow (/your head) placed that it's eating 5" of space up? I'm around 6'2" and have no issues on a regular full size.

Besides that, this was about 5'9" so it's under the numbers here still anyway.

Zweizer

Banned
How exactly is this pillow (/your head) placed that it's eating 5" of space up? I'm around 6'2" and have no issues on a regular full size.

Besides that, this was about 5'9" so it's under the numbers here still anyway.

Which is why people expressed the need of a King-sized bed in order to sleep comfortably, unless you're going diagonal with a double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom