• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Perhaps more companies ought to put their manga on comixology
CjOj16dWEAAYjYS.jpg:large

Creators seem happy.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05...-questions-that-it-answers-for-comic-creators

I've always wondered how these sub services are structured given they cost so little. I mean for instance with Crunchyroll is Japan getting anymore than a cent or two of my sub per view? Ditto netflix and music subs.

Is it basically except pennies or get nothing due to piracy.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Creators seem happy.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05...-questions-that-it-answers-for-comic-creators

I've always wondered how these sub services are structured given they cost so little. I mean for instance with Crunchyroll is Japan getting anymore than a cent or two of my sub per view? Ditto netflix and music subs.

Is it basically except pennies or get nothing due to piracy.

Don't quote me on this. But the way I think it works is that they are paid to have their stuff on these subscription models. The company pays for like X number of copies or something and in return they get to put the stuff on their service. And, assuming that stuff is popular, it is designed to bring in some new subscribers and keep the current ones still on. Said company keeps all the revenue made from subscriptions, and just uses it's profits to buy new stuff.

Atleast, that's how I think it works. I know that's more or less how Playstation Plus works and it makes sense for any subscription model, I think.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 109

Presented without comment. I swear I am not making it up that this was in this chapter.

z9Ophj8.png

Lain

Picked up manga and LN today, finally having hardcover LN (overlord and Baccano), I hope they do more.

Also finally found a good solution to display some of my manga and LN, too bad I have tons still packed away in a chest and another chest.

Is overlord good?
I should get around to order the Devils and Realist American edition, as we're stuck on volume 6 since Feb last year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 109

It's Fuuka Aoi, and she's upset that she killed Fuuka Akitsuki, so she runs away and almost gets hit by truck-kun.

Note: she didn't kill Fuuka Akitsuki. Her father drove the truck.
Note to note: her father didn't really kill Fuuka either; Fuuka was an idiot and ran into the street without looking.

dr labson

Neo Member
Groundless - One eyed sniper Chapter 1

This manga is so good. Thanks for the recommendation Dramatis.
Lots of Metal Gear Solid vibe from the manga so far.

That colonel is such a piece of shit.
The resistance isn't really much better, If you want the support of your fellow citizens then don't go around threatening them.

dr labson

Neo Member
Groundless Chapter 1 part 2- part 4

I didn't realize chapter 1 had multiple parts.
I didn't expect her to get her revenge on colonel scumbag so quickly.

Also nice to see her get her baby back, even if the baby has intestine rot.
Lady can't catch a break, jeez.

dr labson

Neo Member
Groundless Chapter 2 - 4

Tension rising.
It also really annoys me in a good way that everyone in this manga is a racist dickbag.

Sophia can't catch a break, jeez.
At least if assuming she actually gave her baby away, at least the intestine rot could get treated and she could focus on sniping for the militia.

dr labson

Neo Member
Groundless Chapter 5 - 11

All caught up. Sophia is back.
Also RIP Nikolai you were a pretty cool guy for a racist mainlander.

Man, catching up to a series is always so painful. Now I have to wait until another chapter come out.

Yea groundless is amazing. Fantastic art

Berserk 4-8

Whaaaaaat I didn't think Griffith was going to be a bad guy so soon. I thought that was supposed to be a big twist later on.

And lol the count got ntr'd by a goat statue

Sasukekun

Neo Member
I'm now up to date on Genshiken Nidaime, that harem arc went on for way too long. Am now starting on Assassination Classroom.

Last time I posted in here I was on One Piece, I'm completely up on that now too.

dr labson

Neo Member
Vinland Saga Chapter 128

Fucking Floki.
Everytime Thorfinn tries to get away, they pull him back in.
Will Thorfinn be forced to use violence yet again?
I hope he can find some way to resolve the predicament he's in peacefully like with Canute, but I doubt it.

How the hell is Thorfinn even gonna beat a bunch of elite vikings unarmed?
Unlike his father, Thorfinn doesn't have the strength of 5 men combined, and all of the Jomsviking are like twice his size.

I also feel bad for all the fisherman who have nothing to do with Thorfinn.
Jeez, having your only means to get food and make money destroyed suck.

Also love the little details like Hild not being able to aim properly because her breathing is ragged and Jomsviking sucking at tracking, because they're warriors, not hunters.

And now to wait another month for the next chapter.
Why isn't weekly? Ugh.

elyetis

Also finally found a good solution to display some of my manga and LN, too bad I have tons still packed away in a chest and another chest.
woah manga takes up a lot of space.
A 'customised' BILLY from Ikea work really well. Mine hold something like 550 volumes and that's without the extension you can add at it's top ( I will need it soon ) which should increase that by 80-100 volumes.
Only problem is that it doesn't allow bigger books like High School! Kimengumi or Usagi Drop.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I Am Hero is going some very weird places. I'm kind of interested how this all turns out as its quickly going from a zombie story to something seemingly a bit more grandiose and out there. I thought the alien invasion thing was a red herring but its looking more and more like this might actually be what's going down. Hopefully we'll get some super powered mutants battling Lovecraftian horrors.

dani_dc

Fuuka 109

Yuu says nothing while Fuuka is destroying herself mentally, and then Fuuka attempted Suicide by truck.

Seo can still deliver when he's not trying to write a music manga.

Anyway everybody should read Helck, it's neat and also funny.
Happy to hear your opinion got turned around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom