• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berserk 137-160

Now there's a behelit that moves?!?! Skull Knight continues to be a badass just randomly showing up all the time. And another eclipse? Great. That's just what I wanted.

Kakegurui Twin 1
QMkOruP.jpg
Prequel to Kakegurui focusing on Mary, and set a year before Yumeko shows up at the school. The main series is still in my backlog, but from memory the combination of intense battles of wits, superb art, unhinged waifus and batshit facial expressions meant I'd marked it as a winner. Though assuming this puts a sympathetic slant on Mary, it'll make seeing her get annihilated a little tougher to swallow.

One Punch Man - Redraw

I find the pacing in this sluggish...I mean ONE has a very slow release schedule, but he generally advances the plot much faster than Murata. All this padding really brings down my enjoyment of the series...I personally have no interest in these fodder characters, especially if it comes at the expense of advancing the plot...

Moaradin

Yeah OPM feels like it has been spinning its wheels for a while now. It doesn't help with the release schedule on top of that.

kasane

Go back to read wake up deadma after a year

Still not finished

Why do i even live. This shit always happens to me 😢

Fuvk me im on suicide watcg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 220

After all they've been through, I wouldn't agree to give anybody shit, but I guess they aren't in much of a position to bargain.

Zweizer

Banned
A Room For Two ch8

She's a bad influence on her diet!

Madoka and Mei's Secret Workshop ch5

I'm amazed they don't consider that motorbike to be cursed.

pbayne

Hajime no Ippo From Rising end to 657

Finally decided to catch up on Ippo.
So fights so far=Ippo vs Jobber man-Man Ippo straight up murderises this dude. Almost a fatality.
Itagaki vs Ippo clone-Im meh on Itagaki but it was awesome to see him and Mashiba be best buds.
Ippo vs crafty old man-Best fight so far post-anime.

-Lol is Nanako's only purpose to get between Ippo and Kumi?
-This Miyata and Ippo fight...won't happen right?
-Oh yeah Takamura, Aoki and Kimura fights coming up.

Edit: 667

Holy shit, Mashiba vs Sawamura

Revo

Magi 306-307

Good on Hakuryuu for overcoming his desire for revenge.
Hype for getting the gang back together.

Ekid

Tokyo Ghoul:re 79

Nobody is sane in this manga right ?
Maybe I should reread this from the beginning, because I feel a little lost with all those characters and flashback.

pbayne

Hajime no Ippo 704

Lol Diamond no Ippo-that baseball stuff was pure gold.
Sawamura vs Mashiba was beyond expectations-such a tragic but amazing fight and aftermath. Wasn't Sendo somewhat friendly with Sawamura? Id love to see him try to get revenge against Mashiba.

tri_willy

Hajime no Ippo 704

Lol Diamond no Ippo-that baseball stuff was pure gold.
Sawamura vs Mashiba was beyond expectations-such a tragic but amazing fight and aftermath. Wasn't Sendo somewhat friendly with Sawamura? Id love to see him try to get revenge against Mashiba.

you still have a ways to go... hehehe

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its funny because if I see what Murata is going to do with the tournament is that it looks like its going to be an excuse for Genos to finally kick ass and hopefully not get wrecked by some random monster too quickly. I actually hope he continues the contrasting shots of the tournament fights and Genos taking out the other half dozen or so monsters running around causing havoc. Seems they want to let Genos shine a bit but who knows, the very next monster might rip him in half for all we know.

pbayne

New CardCaptor Sakura 1

Picks up right from the manga end. Give me more scenes of Sayoran and Sakura. Lol Tomoyo is such a third wheel now. The time frame is pretty screwed up now-why does Sakura have a smartphone?
Overall just a good set-up/very fan pleasing chapter.

Edit: Just realised they jumped three console generations in the space of a year, ps1 to ps4. I get they may want to make it more relevant but cmon that's crazy.
Lol look forward to your playstation 7 next year.

Kyuur

HxH Hisoka Origin by Ishida Sui

sogood.gif

Pretty much everything I could have wanted. If I hadn't been told before that this was a draft by Ishida I would have thought this was just written by Togashi in his signature scribble-style.

Korosenai

HxH Hisoka Origin by Ishida Sui

sogood.gif

Pretty much everything I could have wanted. If I hadn't been told before that this was a draft by Ishida I would have thought this was just written by Togashi in his signature scribble-style.

Hopefully this is a sign that Togashi is looking for replacement drawers so the story can go on and he won't have to draw it. OMG

edit: ok I realize now that is the Tokyo ghoul author right? Still the point stands, hopefully togashi is looking for people to replace him.

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter - Hisoka origin

Really cool stuff. I wonder what's up with the girl now. I also like that it didn't reveal anything about Hisoka

Revo

Noblesse 407-408

Damn muzaka, saving them
and ew, letting his clan be experimented on. what a terrible replacement for muzaka

A bunch of (SFW) Madoka Magica doujins
Restarting a HomuMado doujin splurge from where I left off in 2013(?) seemed like the next logical step after reading all the official manga.

If you held a flintlock musket to my head and asked me whether I preferred the pre-Rebellion or post-Rebellion doujin material, I'd say the latter in a heartbeat, largely because of Homura. Her fanaticism for her waifu is (rightly) a constant throughout, but the earlier comedic works have a tendency to portray her as a flagrant pervert with the IQ of a paper towel. Post-Rebellion she's frequently shown as more devious, vicious, calculating, and all the other less desirable traits that I love about her evolved form. You also have the added bonus of her Homulilly outfit, which is unquestionably her finest.

ajPjOYt.jpg

Maitake was by far my favourite author I came across.

I decided to give some Kyouko/Sayaka doujins a chance as well, partially inspired by Zweizer, and partially because they had a heart-warming moment together in Rebellion. Didn't do much for me if I'm honest, possibly because I find their personalities/interactions to be too brash for my tastes.

Zweizer

Banned
A bunch of (SFW) Madoka Magica doujins

Restarting a HomuMado doujin splurge from where I left off in 2013(?) seemed like the next logical step after reading all the official manga.

If you held a flintlock musket to my head and asked me whether I preferred the pre-Rebellion or post-Rebellion doujin material, I'd say the latter in a heartbeat, largely because of Homura. Her fanaticism for her waifu is (rightly) a constant throughout, but the earlier comedic works have a tendency to portray her as a flagrant pervert with the IQ of a paper towel. Post-Rebellion she's frequently shown as more devious, vicious, calculating, and all the other less desirable traits that I love about her evolved form. You also have the added bonus of her Homulilly outfit, which is unquestionably her finest.

I decided to give some Kyouko/Sayaka doujins a chance as well, partially inspired by Zweizer, and partially because they had a heart-warming moment together in Rebellion. Didn't do much for me if I'm honest, possibly because I find their personalities/interactions to be too brash for my tastes.

Haha, I'm honored, even if it wasn't your cup of tea~

And yeah, the shift of Homura's depictions post Rebellion is rather noticeable. She went from a perverted stalker to a devilish perverted stalker.

LeleSocho

Banned
Neo CardCaptor Sakura - 1

This works for me! Couple of panels were weirdly drawn i totally get the vibe.
One thing that was meh was the fact that they made the 20 years technological jump... was it necessary?

HunterxHunter Hisoka Origin
Really really good, I enjoyed Hisokas origin story. Poor girl though, I wonder if she'll ever show up again. I feel like this chapter makes Hisoka look like a nen beast and he won't die in Hunter X Hunter, he just playing Chrollo and figuring everything out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 169

Maybe Jouichirou knows that soma possesses the mc gene so it was alright to fully leave it up to him

i mean why else would you let literally food hitler descend upon the best cooking institute undisturbed?
Because he clearly doesn't give a fuck about the school. Same reason he wasn't even gonna send Soma there. There's obviously backstory there we haven't gotten yet.

Because he clearly doesn't give a fuck about the school. Same reason he wasn't even gonna send Soma there. There's obviously backstory there we haven't gotten yet.
So basically Azami is the guy that hit his prime in high school and wants to relive that while Joichiro doesn't give a fuck because he has a bigger picture of the world :v

Sui's Hisoka One Shot

Hey, it even looks like Togashi's scribbles. I like how Sui didn't try and copy Togashi though, you can definitely tell it is him via the paneling and character designs. They're also both writers who do a shitton of talking. Apparently there was an interview with Sui and Togashi, I'm more interested in reading that.

Tokyo Ghoul ;re 79

Well that's some sadistic shit.

Monster Musume 42
Read a few pages, massage heart, read a few pages, massage heart, read a few etc. Typical Manako chapter progression. Fortunately the fibrillation stopped once she donned the mask. Going by their silhouettes, one of those dangerous NEW CHALLENGERS at the end looks suspiciously like another dullahan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom