• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomo-Chan

in a twist nobody saw coming, Jun falls in love with girly Tomo

Fairy Tail

hey guys remember this guy?

Gildarts.Clive.full.515833.jpg

Lain

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";205737665]
soil-1-ankamapws8n.jpg

A very pulp-inspired mystery comic. There's a lot of tension between the supernatural and psychological that forces the reader to guess constantly, and overall the series shows a lot of creativity with the world-building and a generally very refined art style. The characters are all idiosyncratic in a very Hirohiko Araki-esque way, so if you're in the mood for an eclectic small town thriller I'd definitely recommend Soil. It starts out with a heavy line quality that's distracting at first, but the author calms it down as it goes on so don't worry about it too much.[/QUOTE]

On that note, I'll also suggest to read the rest of Kaneko's stuff, namely Bambi and Deathco since they have some volumes translated.
I've been surprised by the creative and gruesome but still funny use the author is able to make of death.
The art is also pretty peculiar. Clean enough but with a lot of style.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Criminale! 15-16

I'm liking the dynamic that the newcomer's adding to the class. There's no reason for Hinako to worry, because if those two share the same [blood] then that makes them relatives, right? Right? Plus she has 1st girl protection status, something that even a phantom thief can't steal away.
But Hinako is worst girl other than the stupid rapist girl.

On that note, I'll also suggest to read the rest of Kaneko's stuff, namely Bambi and Deathco since they have some volumes translated.
I've been surprised by the creative and gruesome but still funny use the author is able to make of death.
The art is also pretty peculiar. Clean enough but with a lot of style.

I've been pleasantly surprised how extreme Soil has gotten without ever feeling gratuitous, the author never goes graphic despite going some pretty horrific places with his characters. He doesn't linger the way other authors would. It's not there to titillate, it's part of the story.

Criminale ! 15 - 16
I want to see the MC going postal and wrecking shit up as a true criminal yo.

Sengoku Youko 1-99 (end)
Eh, I liked it less than Hoshi No Samidare and Spirit Circle. Still good though, the battles scenes with all the demons were quite good. The ending is also sad ;_;

Re:Monster 1-23
The guy is obviously on a new game + as he breezes through all the hardships and trials and S-Ranked all the female S-Links in one go.

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii 1-10
Otaku girl going out with an otaku guy in an otaku worlds. Hinjinks ensues. Also, cross-dressing.

Tejina Senpai 14-15
She should just do shitty magic shows. There is a public for this kind of thing. Or just go all the way and do her tricks wearing that bunny outfit, the men'll see nothing of the tricks !

Let's Lagoon 39
Or they could've been enjoying their final moments together before falling to their deaths or something, but sure, your interpretation's more optimistic. Either way, if anyone had to be removed from the picture then I'm glad it's them, since they've felt like optional extras for much of the time.

But Hinako is worst girl other than the stupid rapist girl.
Tell me who your favourite is so I can point and laugh.

...is what I want to say, but actually there aren't any girls I dislike in this one. No clear best girl either, though as things currently stand I'd be fine with a stalker end.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

Yeah I'm sure he's dead for real. Convienent that he was taken to the Interdimensional Rift and not actually killed.

iDOLM@STER - Rin x Sachiko is Pretty Good, Huh (doujin)
In that moment, the universe was rewritten and a new universal principle was born - the principle that Rin x Sachiko is pretty good. Well, some colour's always welcome to brighten up a Monday morning, but that aside this match-up was less than the sum of its parts.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch71.5

All this for a school ball.

Not Lives ch44

That's a rather bold plan, but I guess there's not much else they can do.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 221

Hmm, never thought what she brought up with Hideo here would be relevant again. That was just kinda cast aside ages ago. Would explain some things.

Cornbread78

Good morning,
I'm doing another preview thread for the summer anime and I was wondering if you guys could help give me a couple lines on each of the below shows on what to expect:

Two questions to conceptually answer:
- What should they expect from the story (tone, atmosphere, etc)
- Why they should watch the anime

Food Wars! (Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara) 2nd season
Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi 2nd season
Berserk (2016)
D.Gray-man Hallow
Orange
Servamp
Handa-kun
Taboo Tattoo
Hatsukoi Monster
Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
Amaama to Inazuma
Amanchu!

Lain

Good morning,
I'm doing another preview thread for the summer anime and I was wondering if you guys could help give me a couple lines on each of the below shows on what to expect:

Berserk (2016)
D.Gray-man Hallow
Orange
Servamp
Handa-kun
Taboo Tattoo
Hatsukoi Monster
Amaama to Inazuma
Amanchu!

A romantic look into the diving world from the angle of a group of high-schooler and their teacher, with some funny moments to boot.
If you liked Aria and a sweet slice of life is what you're looking for, then this is for you.

Cornbread78

A romantic look into the diving world from the angle of a group of high-schooler and their teacher, with some funny moments to boot.
If you liked Aria and a sweet slice of life is what you're looking for, then this is for you.

Thank you.

So it is summer love: yuri edition.

mdubs

Banned
Good morning,

Berserk (2016)
D.Gray-man Hallow
Orange
Servamp
Handa-kun
Taboo Tattoo
Hatsukoi Monster
Amaama to Inazuma
Amanchu!

Orange:

Main character receives a letter from herself 10 year in the future telling her to save the new boy who transferred into her class using the steps in the letter. Tough to describe more than that without getting in spoilers. Romance with a small sci-fi twist, this will almost certainly be a complete adaption of the manga.

One of my favourite series ever, and it delivers on the feels. Fans of more subdued romance should find plenty to like here, but the background plot is plenty compelling as well. Love the characters as well, this is definitely my show of the summer. I think this one will become a favourite just like its manga has.

Taboo Tattoo:

The manga sucks, don't bother.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Nanatsu no Taizo 177- Wow that almost got to me as much as Hawks death did...
I give it two chapters before it's revealed he's somehow alive.

Arabesque

Good morning,

Berserk (2016)
D.Gray-man Hallow
Orange
Servamp
Handa-kun
Taboo Tattoo
Hatsukoi Monster
Amaama to Inazuma
Amanchu!

D.Gray-Man Hallow

Continuation of the mid-2000's long running Weekly Shonen Jump anime, only much shorter this time at 13 episodes. The very inappropriately dressed exorcists for their time period continue their battle against the Beetlejuice inspired antagonists, this time delving into the past of Kanda Yu.
If you liked the old anime and Kanda, you'll probably want to check it out for his full back story. Different creative team and voice cast this time around as well.

Orange:

Main character receives a letter from herself 10 year in the future telling her to save the new boy who transferred into her class using the steps in the letter. Tough to describe more than that without getting in spoilers. Romance with a small sci-fi twist, this will almost certainly be a complete adaption of the manga.

A really good description. I think saying that he is suffering from depression is enough without going into spoiler territory. I mean it's not explicit that he's
sucidal
until later on in the manga, but it's still obvious.

I also think that the small twist could be referred to as fantastical rather than a sci-fi, given that how the explanation of how the letter got there was irrelevant rather than the emotional weight of what to do once it reached the past.

One of my favourite series ever, and it delivers on the feels. Fans of more subdued romance should find plenty to like here, but the background plot is plenty compelling as well. Love the characters as well, this is definitely my show of the summer. I think this one will become a favourite just like its manga has.

Having been following the series when it was published, I really do think it climbed into being one of my favourite manga as well. I still have some minor reservations in regards to how it ended (that I still need to post on) but it's still very great series. I actually think that the romance is largely the background story to the plot of saving Kakeru from his depression, and that the love triangle was sort of the weakest part of the entire story. Actually, I generally think the romance was mishandled a little with
Kakeru's first girlfriend
, but it's a shojo manga so some melodrama can be excused.

Best chapter hand down was the one from Kakeru's perspective. Still hits close to home every time I read it.

Yo, I would read the shit out of a Murata illustrated Spider-man.

Pity that Marvel picked the wrong era to do that Spider-Man manga.

Seraph of the End 46

Pretty compelling chapter. Im glad they pack great amounts of content in each one. From the background on the Seraph of the End, to even more on the Human v Demon dynamic in Yu, its so good.

Poor Mika stuck between protecting Yu from others and also letting others try to help him.

Nanatsu no Taizai - 177

Nahh.... Nahh it ain't that easy

some Superman
death shit is going to likely happen
.... what is more concerning is
what happened to Ban

Boruto 2

This chapter kind of reconfirms this as a SasuNaru fic, Boruto adds so much to their relationship. And Sasuke actually WANTED to train him.

I cant wait for this to be animated since there was so much time that passed in the chapter.

World Trigger

All I needed! Best chapter ever.

Also glad that the technique from Mikumo was a bit more complex than just a wire.

Angry Grimace

So if Sasuke and Naruto were actually lovers behind the scenes, where did Boruto and Himawari come from?

Boruto 2

This chapter kind of reconfirms this as a SasuNaru fic, Boruto adds so much to their relationship. And Sasuke actually WANTED to train him.

I cant wait for this to be animated since there was so much time that passed in the chapter.

Ummmm you know this is a recap of the Boruto movie right?

it is already animated word for word

Sad Fairy Tail

THE FEELS! GAJEEL! Damn never felt so much for the character before but how much he changed and developed really hit hard. I loved the emotional moment between him and Levy. Good thing its FT and Mashima will be bringing him back sooner than later lol.

Also Mest is huge fucking retard that needs to die.

Cornbread78

Orange:

Taboo Tattoo:
The manga sucks, don't bother.

D.Gray-Man Hallow

Continuation of the mid-2000's long running Weekly Shonen Jump anime, only much shorter this time at 13 episodes. The very inappropriately dressed exorcists for their time period continue their battle against the Beetlejuice inspired antagonists, this time delving into the past of Kanda Yu.
If you liked the old anime and Kanda, you'll probably want to check it out for his full back story. Different creative team and voice cast this time around as well.

Thank you guys! These help a lot for other community members get a 1st hand take on what they would be watching!

If anyone else can help on the below:

- Food Wars! (Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara) 2nd season
- Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi 2nd season
- Berserk (2016)
- Servamp
- Handa-kun
- Taboo Tattoo (other than that it sucks, lol)
- Hatsukoi Monster
- Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
- Amaama to Inazuma

bobohoro

Fairy Tail

Yeah I'm sure he's dead for real. Convienent that he was taken to the Interdimensional Rift and not actually killed.

My thoughts as well. Fairy Tail actually manages to produces shallow but nice drama and partings, but the manga is filled to the brim with such scenes and they all end up without real meaningful consequences, so by now I just laugh when another member of the cast gets murdered and tearfully fades away.
It's all dumb.

Tomo-chan 345

Noooooo.

Monster Musume 42

Eh, Manako is my least favourite of the 4. Interested in the approaching waif...enemies!

dr labson

Neo Member
Here is some sweet Murata art.

CkQjo4vW0AAQRZx.jpg

Source

I honestly couldn't tell it was Murata at first glance. Awesome depiction of Spider-Verse nonetheless.

Baby Steps Chapter 262

Aw man,
Ei-chan Lost. What a waste. I wonder where the manga is going with this development. I hope he can still go pro somehow.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Doki Doki Love - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Sentai Hen

Just kidding the true title is
Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Hen

Easy going student is waking up on the floor in a fantasy world, where he meets a beautiful half-elf girl looking for an emblem. So he helps her and...get thoroughly killed by an ennemy alongside her.

Next thing he knows, he wakes up in the same spot he was, and things are going the same way he did. So he basically reloaded the save.

I really like these Groundhog Day type of media (I love Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni for instance) so I'll follow this with interest.

My, those "Shounen thrown into a new fantasy world" stories are quite the hip thing in Japan aren't they ?

Ascheroth

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Doki Doki Love - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Sentai Hen

Just kidding the true title is
Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Dainishou - Yashiki no Shuukan Hen

Easy going student is waking up on the floor in a fantasy world, where he meets a beautiful half-elf girl looking for an emblem. So he helps her and...get thoroughly killed by an ennemy alongside her.

Next thing he knows, he wakes up in the same spot he was, and things are going the same way he did. So he basically reloaded the save.

I really like these Groundhog Day type of media (I love Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni for instance) so I'll follow this with interest.

My, those "Shounen thrown into a new fantasy world" stories are quite the hip thing in Japan aren't they ?

STOP!
This is the second part. The first part is Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen (yeah, fuck those names).
The second part squeezes the entire first part into chapter 0.

But you might want to watch the currently airing anime of it instead (titled Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-), if you're interested.
It's imo better then the manga and one of the best of the season.

STOP!
This is the second part. The first part is Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Daisshou - Outo no Ichinichi Hen (yeah, fuck those names).
The second part squeezes the entire first part into chapter 0.

But you might want to watch the currently airing anime of it instead (titled Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-), if you're interested.
It's imo better then the manga and one of the best of the season.

Oooops already read it all !

Ascheroth

Oooops already read it all !

Well, the chapter 0 did cover all the necessary information so you didn't miss anything per se, it's just a really rushed version.
Best to watch the anime now, which does it better then the manga anyway. (It's also further ahead then the manga starting with last episode)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom