• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch35
Ontan and alien is a perfect match!
Oh man, this looks like a flag for tragedy. Since this is Asano, there's a chance he might kill Ontan...

Killer Killer 1-4

Imagine you're reading a manga about serial killer that kill serial killer, then chapter 3 happen. Main character suddenly pulled a Monokuma murder method out of nowhere, and sudden reveal: "HEY GUYS, THIS IS ACTUALLY A DANGANRONPA SPINOFF, OH, AND HERE A SPOILER FOR DANGANRONPA 1 and 2 ENDING!" Boy, am i glad i already finished the game before reading this...

Furumapura 9

Fart joke, ehehehe

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 33

That is one complex reasoning on why they looks like that in human form

Dansan Joshi 2-3
Not as strong as chapter 1, but this is still hilarious.

Killer Killer 1-4

Imagine you're reading a manga about serial killer that kill serial killer, then chapter 3 happen. Main character suddenly pulled a Monokuma murder method out of nowhere, and sudden reveal: "HEY GUYS, THIS IS ACTUALLY A DANGANRONPA SPINOFF, OH, AND HERE A SPOILER FOR DANGANRONPA 1 and 2 ENDING!" Boy, am i glad i already finished the game before reading this...

That's hilarious
I would've been so pissed if that happened to me and did not finish the games

pbayne

Hajime no Ippo 915

Kimura: Just stick it in her already, would you.
Ippo: I don't even know what that means.

Jesus isn't Ippo like 22 or 23 at this point? I don't know why Kumi even bothers.
Nice to see Kimura get some focus. Last few chapters have done more for him than everything since fighting Mashiba.
Itagaki and Mari are an unusual pairing but i like it. Im loving Itagaki's slow heel turn. There are some panels were it looks like he's about to straight up murder Ippo, he's been spending too much time with Mashiba.

Came to the realization that I've read like 7 things by COOL Kyoushinsha and haven't disliked a single one of them which is super fucking odd because he mainly does 4komas and slice of life, 2 things I don't really have a preference for.

I am also almost 200% certain he does Hentai too. Dude has like 5 ongoing series, he's a real workhorse.

Came to the realization that I've read like 7 things by COOL Kyoushinsha and haven't disliked a single one of them which is super fucking odd because he mainly does 4komas and slice of life, 2 things I don't really have a preference for.

I am also almost 200% certain he does Hentai too. Dude has like 5 ongoing series, he's a real workhorse.

yep

Revo

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 128

A lot of nice Shiho faces.
So that's how they end up together huh. He still doesn't deserve it.

pbayne

Hajime no Ippo 946

Im kind of done with Ippo's fights now. The last few have been an endless circus of gimmicks and cartoony disadvantages that ive stopped caring. Plus what can even beat Ippo now? Its like punches power him up now more than anything-i actually laugh that they mention Miyata could beat him.

Either one of two things has to happen as i see it:
1. He has to have some kind of brain damage from the punishment he's constantly receiving(which is hinted at).
2. He has to lose soon. And not a close fight, he has too be destroyed by someone just to reinvigorate his character, because the manga is weird in that he's still portrayed as the underdog...despite that not making much sense anymore.

On the plus side Takamura at the bar with his Panda outfit was brilliant. I love that even Mashiba was afraid of him and Date is there, still built like a tank, ripping his shirt off and ready to go.

Erigu

The Lives of Eccentrics by Araki Hirohiko
[...]
As far as I can tell this was written from 1989 to 2003 with a new chapter coming out whenever Araki felt like it. Because of this, you can see Araki's stylistic changes at breakneck speeds, although he didn't draw the last chapter.
Actually, he only drew the ones about Mary Mallon and Sarah Pardee Winchester (both from 2003). Everything else was drawn by Onikubo Hirohisa.

Ippo's series of fights beginning with that islander dude marked the low point of the series. All those fights and Miyata's HORRIBLE fight with Randyboy with the only bright spot being Kimura and Takamura. Was like 2 years long or something, just fucking horrible.

I think, unfortunately, that the Ippo fights only really got good again with his recent Gonzales fight which was a fucking stellar fight.

Nejimaki Kagyu Vol. 1 - 3

I love this dude's artwork so much. It's so unique and he's so good at movement and action as well as creepy and horror shit like from his one shots. Which is amusing as this is basically a battle shonen with occasional fan-service which is actually really tame so not really that distracting.

Pretty fun stuff.

bobohoro

Sumire 16-sai!! 1-16

A normal manga, about a normal school girl....nothing odd to see here.

Still the most normal manga to ever leave me on the verge of tears.
So good.

Tokyo Ghoul :re 80

We're back to characters I don't care/have a clue about. Yay.

Tomo-chan 352

This can only be salvaged by Jun actually being aware that it's really Tomo and boldly messing/flirting with her.
He has to be.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hanao (oneshot)
A debut by a 16 yo mangaka, Yamada Yuka. That was promising. A boy obsessed with flower planted a seed inside a girl nape. He watch and nurtured as the flower start to bloom...

The art was a bit rough, but with a bit of polish and good background assistant, this could be even better.

Revo

Tales of Wedding Rings 18

Poor other princess, having her romance ruined by Satou coming.
At least hime defends him.

That's hilarious
I would've been so pissed if that happened to me and did not finish the games

It comes out of nowhere too and just tells you the twist of both games

Actually, he only drew the ones about Mary Mallon and Sarah Pardee Winchester (both from 2003). Everything else was drawn by Onikubo Hirohisa.

Damn really? Those are the most Araki-looking ones but the others besides Tesla could at least pass for him in his later Battle Tendency art.

Revo

Detective Conan 962

Oh no it's a love rival for Kazuha.
Never thought there would be one. At least there will be more Heiji.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Detective Conan 962

Oh no it's a love rival for Kazuha.
Never thought there would be one. At least there will be more Heiji.

It's certainly going to be funny if she's the one to confess after all the effort Heiji has put into trying to do it. Poor guy, Shinichi would never let him live it down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
We were just one word away this time.
God damn jsdf

As it is he's giving Heiji shit :lol

Looks like he'll be sticking around for a few arcs this time, the manga is always at it's best when Heiji or the Black Organization are involved.

Revo

As it is he's giving Heiji shit :lol

Looks like he'll be sticking around for a few arcs this time, the manga is always at it's best when Heiji or the Black Organization are involved.

Yeah
I was expecting a fair amount of side story stuff but if a bunch of it is with Hieji then I'm okay enough with it.

Revo

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 133

Wow she got scary real fast.
Sanada scoring some real points coming to her rescue.

Fureru to Kikoeru 7
XgmIoXm.png
It's early days for this series, but I can already tell that my reactions to it are going to be dominated by rage at the MC not hooking up with the kooky mind-reader. Fortunately the cracks in his friends' masks are interesting enough to keep me largely placated. For now, at least.

Quasar

Girls of the Wild's

So pretty unsurprisingly, Daldal's dad is a total badass. I figured she learned from a parent and it didn't seem like her mom could fight so that just left him.

Jaegu is totally about to let Myeonghwan take all the credit for Daldal's rescue and she's not going to find out he came for her until later, I think. He'll hobble off saying something noble like he doesn't deserve to see her after dissing her or some drivel like that, she'll find out anyway that he was there from Myeonghwan and be all "zomg i lub him" again.

He does seem like he blames himself for the whole thing.

Revo

Haikyuu!! 209

Glad Hinata gets to stay. Just the fact that he tried to get there in the first place was good enough for me.
Gonna show that height and power isn't everything.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 35

You know, I don't think things will be just fine at all, Kadode.

Killer Killer 1-4

The entertainment industry in Japan in general doesn't seem to give a dang about spoilers 2-3 months after release.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai
Read this. It's about two student council member's keikakus to get the other to confess first.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can empathize. I never knew being eaten could be enticing but then I played Monmusu quest...

Criminale! 17
Harukana is OP, plz nerf. The MC being [stolen] isn't surprising, but damn she works fast. She's joined the party too late to be the true route, which is kind of a shame, because as things currently stand she'd be a solid pick.

Anteater

detective conan vol 87

lol kinder garten conan isn't much different than teen conan, wtf

i'm not sure if i could even read at that age

Rainy

Banned
Takagi-San 1-30

Honestly this is pretty cute. Though watching him get teased for 30 chapters gets kinda old after a while. I wonder if there will actually be any progress in their relationship.

Kuntz

Sumire 16-sai!! 1-16

A normal manga, about a normal school girl....nothing odd to see here.

Thank you for this, read this in one go, and while funny it made me scared to know more about the old man, expecting some tragic dead daughter or something.

Still, I cried like a 16 years old schoolgirl when
he faces the girls after 6 years and has to pretend he doesn't know them

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch353

Got something you want to say, Jun?

Tejina Senpai ch17

These poor butterflies.

Yandere Kanojo ch72.5

Of course it just wouldn't go all smoothly.

Hive 28
I don't know if webtoons are off topic for this thread or not being korean, but Hive is an apocalyptic comic about people running from giant bugs. Nothing new, but the art is clean and the characters are developed well. That said, webtoons in general seem to have more competent art than Japanese comics. I've been browsing them lately since it seems like everything is official and I'm still on my scanlation boycott.

Anyway I'm just posting to say it's kinda garbage. All of the sudden the bugs are intelligent for no reason and understand combat tactics and start picking up missiles to dive bomb tanks. It's been a while since I've gone from mild interest to my eyes glazing over so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom