• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 221

So Onodera promised to marry Raku, they grew up together and went to school together after that and somehow grew farther apart despite liking each other, to the point of forgetting it.

Conclusion, Onodera didn't marry Raku, making Marika the true promise girl.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 227

Remember kids, the way of getting a partner is through reverse psychology.

Zweizer

Banned
Yuri Kuma Arashi ch19

Yep, this couldn't have ended well.

Nozomi x Kimio ch26

So shameless! In public too!

Genshiken Nidaime ch123

Back to the old routine we go.

I'm like 75% sure we are getting a bullshit arc where she goes Sasuke and turns "evil," probably for an extended period of time. This probably is the part where they try to make you like Erina before it happens because why the fuck would you care otherwise?

It would be nice if I could trust the mangaka not to make her need to get rescued (particularly given she's a God Tier chef) but I'm expecting it.

I really hope not. I'd have to question what the author thinks of Erina's thinking ability to just leave and join Azami after spending 20+ chapters at the dorm becoming a more normal person.
You're probably right though.

dani_dc

I'm like 75% sure we are getting a bullshit arc where she goes Sasuke and turns "evil," probably for an extended period of time. This probably is the part where they try to make you like Erina before it happens because why the fuck would you care otherwise?

It would be nice if I could trust the mangaka not to make her need to get rescued (particularly given she's a God Tier chef) but I'm expecting it.

As someone that stopped reading the series after Soma lost the three way final, this sounds very alien to me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I don't know. This is very much in the Fairy Tail mold of "nobody is really evil," especially if they are cool and/or hot.

If Erina goes back to Azami's clutches, its either as a double-agent or damsel in distress, I imagine. At least in the short term we can hope she stops being Sadface Erina.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lmao @ people on reddit wanting a more concrete epilogue to Spirit Circle. The ending was as concrete as it gets without showing them having sex.

Angry Grimace

The last page should be entitled "Cool Chefs Don't Look at Foodgasms."

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch52

Nothing like Pokemon to get things going.

Still, ultimately it's all his dumbass self's fault.

Hyper Girls Battle Orgia ch3

Well, that's pretty unfortunate.

Yuzumori-san ch1 by Ejima Eri

Slice of life with very short chapters, but the yuri undertones are through the roof. The art is still pretty, but it doesn't feel as refined as Hyper Girls Battle Orgia's though.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari ch18

So many personal interests at conflict here.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Spirit Circle 1-46

Better than Youko. Might be better than biscuit hammer from a worldview but had less of the shounen action and the keikaku planning.
I just read Youko over the weekend and I have to agree. Youko has some nice world building and Senya is adorable, but it wasn't that compelling to me. Maybe because I didn't give a shit about Jinka, honestly. It did have its moments though, like Shakugan's sacrifice and basically everything about Shinsuke's character. Fuck all that lifespan bullshit though. Poor Tsukiko. ;-;

I'd say Spirit Circle > Lucifer > Youko is my ranking.

lmao @ people on reddit wanting a more concrete epilogue to Spirit Circle. The ending was as concrete as it gets without showing them having sex.
Yeah I think the ending gave enough closure, especially with this extra with Kouko. I still want to see East and Rune as babies tho.

Revo

Magi 308

Alibaba should get out of the saving the world business and further his career as a late night marketer.

Angry Grimace

Cut to Erina.

Erina: No. It wasn't.
She would probably list out all the ways it was inadequate.

I'm actually wondering if Jouichiro is actually as much of a good guy as imagined. Azami seems to be basing his "revolution" on something to do with Joichirou and Joichirou's opinion of the school didn't seem that high.

images of erina saying soma isn't good at dicking and how much better his dad would be flashing in my head

"Your father taught me that dicking could be fun, creative and delicious. He brought me out of a sea of bad dicks and showed me what real dicking was like. I never knew dicking could be this wonderful"

Angry Grimace

"Your father taught me that dicking could be fun, creative and delicious. He brought me out of a sea of bad dicks and showed me what real dicking was like. I never knew dicking could be this wonderful"
Guys lets not get too lewd here.

BTW I'm in line at an In N Out. I expect my clothes to explode.

It probably already exists.

i mean, let's be honest.

tosh has a bit of same-face going on among all his works (understandable), so it wouldn't be too hard to search out his previous H works and find something along those lines.

i looked at one of his previous books and 3/4 of the shokugeki no soma cast was practically there due to this issue.

Sasuke is curry guy. Don't tell me you guys haven't seen the signs.

yup stated it waaay back

even manga capped some panels

SBVZ3ug.png
qsDDCkV.png

just waiting for Azami to train him like Orochimaru

Angry Grimace

Hey now, I predicted a Curry Guy heel turn a while back. I'm guessing he'll join Central. I still think Erina's gonna go back to her dad at some point too.

I'm actually wondering if Jouichiro is actually as much of a good guy as imagined. Azami seems to be basing his "revolution" on something to do with Joichirou and Joichirou's opinion of the school didn't seem that high.

Possibly. I mean he wasn't even going to send Soma there originally

BTW I'm in line at an In N Out. I expect my clothes to explode.

In N Out is good, but not clothes exploding foodgasm good.

BTW I just ate taco bell, although I expect something else to explode.

mdubs

Banned
Hey manga gaf can you guys recommend me some good romance manga? Looking for more slice of life then fantasy and something a little more serious.

Shonen

Cross Game
Forget Me Not
Horimiya

Shojo

My Little Monster
Strobe Edge, Blue Spring Ride, Omoi Omoware Furi Furare (The Sakisaka stuff is so good)

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken 1-10

Young shounen Middle aged guy gets thrown into gets killed and reincarnated in a fantasy world as a super warrior a mere slime.

He's still OP and using his human knowledge to do things such as ruling over clans, making plans, etc.

I liked what I read, but it is one in many for this type of manga. I'll wait to see what this one has to offer compared to Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu, Sentou Jousai Masurawo, or RE:Monster.

Zweizer

Banned
Hey manga gaf can you guys recommend me some good romance manga? Looking for more slice of life then fantasy and something a little more serious.

• Goodnight Punpun
  • Solanin
  • High Score Girl
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Shishunki Bitter Change

Punpun in particular is not to be missed.

NY Times Top Manga Sellers May 29th - June 4th

*1. Orange The Complete Collection Vol.2 (NEW)
*2. A Silent Voice Vol.7 (NEW)
*3. Yotsuba&! Vol.13
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.6
*6. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*7. Monster Musume: I ♥ Monster Girls Vol.1
*8. Black Butler Vol.22
*9. One-Punch Man Vol.6
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2

Shonen

Cross Game
Forget Me Not
Horimiya

Shojo

My Little Monster
Strobe Edge, Blue Spring Ride, Omoi Omoware Furi Furare (The Sakisaka stuff is so good)

• Goodnight Punpun
  • Solanin
  • High Score Girl
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Shishunki Bitter Change

Punpun in particular is not to be missed.

Besides the ones already mentioned, I'll recommend Mars which I found to be pretty enjoyable.

Kimi wa Petto was great too.

Wow! thanks guys! this is a lot to look over

Angry Grimace

Possibly. I mean he wasn't even going to send Soma there originally

In N Out is good, but not clothes exploding foodgasm good.

BTW I just ate taco bell, although I expect something else to explode.
He certainly doesn't seem enamored by it. I will be disappointed if there isn't more to it than "I didn't want to send him there."

Hey now, I predicted a Curry Guy heel turn a while back. I'm guessing he'll join Central. I still think Erina's gonna go back to her dad at some point too.

She needs to go back to her daddy so that her rekindling and rebetrayal of daddy right in his face is all the more sweeter.

That would be the predictable story development.

Revo

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka 55

So fired up about magic swords.
No doubt will end up making some anyway.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
River's Edge - fin.

Yamada is a quiet kid who has been suffering from bullying at school. He has a girlfriend, of sorts, but he's secretly gay. Kozue is a short-haired girl who stares at the world with an apathetic gaze. She juggles classes and her modeling career throughout the day, and in her free time she gorges on food only to throw it all right back up. Haruna is the girlfriend of the kid beating up Yamada and goes out of her way to try and protect him from her boyfriend. She tries her best for others, maybe at her own expense. All of these kids are lost in life, shuffling their way through high school.

There's some real nasty emotions and actions in River's Edge. Anger, insecurity, jealousy. Kids who abuse each other. Kids who latch on to one another so they don't feel so alone too. Some of them aren't necessarily bad people even if they do bad things, and some are just a mess, but it all works because these characters feel like actual human beings. Okazaki pulls the absolute worst out of her teens, but it's kept realistic, honest. I appreciate that she doesn't hold back, doesn't apologize for shit, and lets her story boil until everything spills over in one turbulent night in the final chapters. It ain't comforting, but so be it.

Wish more of Okazaki's stuff was available to read in English. This wasn't quite on par with Helter Skelter - not that I expected it to be - but it still stuck in my head even after I finished it. Good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom