• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki Official

They didn't use that flowery "threads of fate" crap between Erina and Soma either. I figured it was a contextual thing.

Also, I think Hishoko has a bit of a mis-conception of Erina's ability to eat food. They've shown a bunch of times that she can eat "pedestrian" food (she just pretends its not pedestrian, like with the Bento Boxes). She just doesn't like it.

Somehow this will all lead into a "Mitsuru doesn't know how to eat hamburgers" moment.

Golden Kamui 51

ivkaAcJ.png

What a cool page.

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 489

I'm fairly certain that this will not end in total bullshit and that the explanation behind the current ongoings is totally mindblowing and sound.
Yeah...right.

Kieli

Shokugeki Official

They didn't use that flowery "threads of fate" crap between Erina and Soma either. I figured it was a contextual thing.

Also, I think Hishoko has a bit of a mis-conception of Erina's ability to eat food. They've shown a bunch of times that she can eat "pedestrian" food (she just pretends its not pedestrian, like with the Bento Boxes). She just doesn't like it.

Somehow this will all lead into a "Mitsuru doesn't know how to eat hamburgers" moment.

Why were all the girls eavesdropping on Soma and Erina. Give them some privacy sheesh.

HxH

Can this please go back on hiatus. That final page was offensive. That was my 2nd favorite Spider!!!!!
lol

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon 1-33
An 30-yo engineer lady gets acquainted to a dragon who can take human form as a girl.
Adventures ensues, especially when other dragons from an other world come in.

Pretty fun read.

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 1-35

Weak MC in a typical MMORPG fantasy setting (no, really, he must form a contract with a god(dess) in order to level up and increase his stats) with a central dungeon gets saved from a powerful monster from another adventurer who happens to be a pretty and powerful girl.
He then vows to get more powerful in order to get close to her and her level, and that motivation acts as a buff (no, seriously, in the manga it's depicted as a passive skill) so when he levels up he gets massive stat boosts.

Pretty standard fantasy manga thus far.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka 1-35

Weak MC in a typical MMORPG fantasy setting (no, really, he must form a contract with a god(dess) in order to level up and increase his stats) with a central dungeon gets saved from a powerful monster from another adventurer who happens to be a pretty and powerful girl.
He then vows to get more powerful in order to get close to her and her level, and that motivation acts as a buff (no, seriously, in the manga it's depicted as a passive skill) so when he levels up he gets massive stat boosts.

Pretty standard fantasy manga thus far.

You must have missed the super popular anime and Boob Ribbon meme.

I'm not gonna lie, DanMachi is tropey as hell and fan-service full, but I find it really enjoyable. I think it's the execution because their relationship is cute and the MC mans the fuck up a lot. The minotaur fight is one of the best fight scenes in an anime that I've seen and it's pretty well done in the manga too.

Cashero 1-9

Korean webtoon about a teenage girl and her older brother who discover he gains super powers dependent entirely on the amount of cash he's carrying at any time. The more money, the better his strength/reflexes/sight/abilities. The execution is what really makes this a good read because their relationship is really really developed well and it's fun to see them try and figure out how the power works and save their money because they're super poor and he's looking for work. The 9th chapter was tapping into some more emotion because he's been occasionally hopping in to stop a truck from rolling into someone or helping someone get their car out of a ditch but it was made more serious by the sister sending the brother out to get mayonnaise and then seeing a fire nearby on TV and looking at her phone and seeing that her brother hasn't responded to her. When she steps outside and sees her brother in his "hero garb" but completely singed as he explains why he stopped to help and she is just curled up without looking at him until she looks up and grabs a burnt strand of his hair and asks him about the mayonnaise and he pulls it out of her pocket and she just smiles.

Zweizer

Banned
I Am a Hero ch224

He might be a groper, but he's pretty sharp. Maybe a fraction of them might be able to cooperate.

Yuzumori-san ch0.2

Smelling is lewd.

dani_dc

I Am a Hero ch224

He might be a groper, but he's pretty sharp. Maybe a fraction of them might be able to cooperate.

Of course he is, how else did hr managed to avoid arrest for so many years?

Space Brothers 275

Even higher stakes for Eddie. Now's your time to shine Mutta.

The whole threshold thing is a bit silly it's not as if there's a magical number, it's more of a general safety line. At worst he's staying outside for an hour more than this mission required, which could easily be compensated by having him not do one of his future planned missions outside the base.
But I'm guessing they'll play his stay outside as a big issue.

Revo

The whole threshold thing is a bit silly it's not as if there's a magical number, it's more of a general safety line. At worst he's staying outside for an hour more than this mission required, which could easily be compensated by having him not do one of his future planned missions outside the base.
But I'm guessing they'll play his stay outside as a big issue.

I feel it's more as a reader it's obviously an overhyped drama thing but as an astronaut it's probably been drilled into them about how much radiation they can expect to get per mission, how that affects future missions, etc. I'm sure they don't ever want to have anyone get close enough to worry about this limit either.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 224

Someone on Reddit pointed out that this 'captain' had contacted the Kuki city group over the radio exactly one hundred chapters ago. I don't even know how people remember that kind of stuff.

Down for more of this version of Kurusu and whatever they got planned.

Kieli

You guys know if the Got Anime membership stacks with the Viz sale at Right Stuf?

It did when I last bought there (e.g. 33% off + an additional 7% with membership).

Edit: Damn, their new website is terrible to navigate. You get told nothing regarding sale length, and it takes forever to browse items as opposed to their super simple HTML design from before.

Semblance

You guys know if the Got Anime membership stacks with the Viz sale at Right Stuf?

It did when I last bought there (e.g. 33% off + an additional 7% with membership).

Edit: Damn, their new website is terrible to navigate. You get told nothing regarding sale length, and it takes forever to browse items as opposed to their super simple HTML design from before.

It does. Just don't forget to use their code at checkout.

And yeah their website is basura.

dani_dc

I feel it's more as a reader it's obviously an overhyped drama thing but as an astronaut it's probably been drilled into them about how much radiation they can expect to get per mission, how that affects future missions, etc. I'm sure they don't ever want to have anyone get close enough to worry about this limit either.

Of course, but considering he's staying just a few hours outside, they could easil compensate this by cutting his hours outside in different missions.
Hibito wasn't allowed to do outside missions after his crash, so compensating this extra time out shouldn't be an issue.

Additionally if he has a radiation limit that he's close to, he should had sent someone else to do this unplanned mission, avoiding this issue all together. I just feel it's a cheap way to try and add additional drama mid-arc.

I Am a Hero ch. 224

Someone on Reddit pointed out that this 'captain' had contacted the Kuki city group over the radio exactly one hundred chapters ago. I don't even know how people remember that kind of stuff.

Down for more of this version of Kurusu and whatever they got planned.

I marathoned this a month or two ago and I didn't remember until it got mentioned.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 1 - 4

Nishikata just can't win. Although I guess its his fault for getting worked up so easily.

tomo 350 - 353

you already know the end result Jun, just admit it.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch354

Just give up on him Tomo.

Nukoduke! ch78-79

Lucky Yamato.

Criminale! ch17

As expected, she makes things lively~

Love Tyrant ch37

The calm before the storm.

Kingdom ch478

Bihei you idiot.

trash. ch37

Yep, that's trash all right.

Lain

Alice in Borderland volume 13
MQSb.jpg

I felt a little bit bad for how the King of Hearts game ended. The game
was rigged right from the start, since the King could see his own symbol by himself
and I really don't like
the two dudes who won.
The new game is kind of meh.

Semblance

Innocent Rouge vol. 1

The first couple chapters are a clunky sort of reintroduction to what Charles-Henri is all about and a quick conclusion to a story line that came up in the last volume. It's w/e, as the Henri / Helena chapters were much better done, and Marie-Joseph's now gearing up for more interesting material.

Lots of cool splash panels, as per usual. There's a couple pages with Henri and Helena that are as stunning as they are grim.

Dungeon Meshi ch. 25

This was like, the worst plan ever. I'm still laughing over Laius' face when he's in the air.

criminale! 17

Well she definitely livens up the class. And I can see why everyone else doesn't like her.

Tomo 354

Jun sure is dumb when it comes to any kind of relationship stuff.

Purgatory Dead Roll 1
A 'genius' MC accidentally turns himself into human pizza after jumping off a building, and ends up in some kind of suiciders' purgatory where he's forced to play delicious survival games. If he loses he... dies again. Or something. There's a certain spoiling silliness about starting the story with a game where only 2 participants can survive, and then sticking only one of the non-MC characters on the cover and splash page. Well, she's clearly going to be best girl, so I'm not complaining.

Revo

Tower of God s2ep202

Now that Baam seems to have the motivation to search for who he is and things about his power this arc has the potential to be a lot better.
Glad that the useless group is separating with them even if we'll have to spend extra time on their own thing.
and mmm androssi.

pbayne

Hajime no Ippo 1006

Yo Volg fight was all kinds of amazing. Favorite character finally gets his dues. Bravo manga, bravo. He's accomplished more than all of Ippo's rival despite having a fraction of the manga time.
Please don't retire Aokimura(surely something nice is gonna happen for one of them soon?). Itagaki the career ender is knocking it out of the park too, but i bust my shit laughing at his JoJo-esque fight with Saeki "You can move in the frozen time to?"

Lol by all accounts Ippo's next fight is supposedly pretty awesome but his opponent looks like such a bland, generic nobody.

Nejimaki Kagyu 1-present

This extremely generic plot with paper thin characters sure is propped up with some of the most dynamic artwork I've ever seen. It's like if Jhonen Vasquez had meatier linework and drew action scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom