• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
lol I tried to pick up Inside Mari from where I left it but it shattered my mind like Mari's because I have no clue what was happening
KuGsj.gif

Yamada and the seven witches worth getting into? I saw the anime when it first dropped but I remember a lot of watchers said it was rushed compared to the manga.

redlemon

Yamada and the seven witches worth getting into? I saw the anime when it first dropped but I remember a lot of watchers said it was rushed compared to the manga.

I haven't read it but if its anything like the authors previous work Yankee-kun and Megane-chan then absolutely not.

Revo

OPM One 107v2

Looks like we're fully gearing up to have a heavier post garou arc now. All the S class heroes (and fubuki) reevaluating themselves and the people around them.

Sometimes cute but plot wise extremely stretched out and overdone.

dani_dc

Why would you drop it at the objectively best climax to the best arc?

Not a series I enjoy reading weekly, so I thought it'd be a good place to take a break and let it accumulate chapters.

Though from people reactions here to later arcs, I lost interest on catching up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's still good and entertaining. I'm the only one in the thread that reads it anymore though. It never really got "bad," so to speak.

bobohoro

First couple of arcs are quite good and entertaining.
Then it gets dumb, like really dumb. One of the few mangas I just can't muster the interest to read it on a weekly basis, just skip through most chapters every other month or so and thinking, that I really don't miss much.

Tomo-chan 351

This current situation is really souring my opinion on the manga.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I still read Soma too. Can't get enough of cooking manga.

OPM ch.107 (ONE)

Lots of thing change after Garou arc, several characters retired, and well, there's new enemies too.

The Sister of the Woods With a Thousand Young 3

This is cute and creepy at the same time. We're talking about some eldricth abdomination having her way with a young boy. I sure hope this won't end with the boy losing his SAN points.

Kin no tamago 1-3 (Katsuwo)

A new LN editor trying to find a budding new author that could sell 10 million copies. That was funny. I laugh when the MC trying to understand what so interesting about harem LN.

The Sister of the Woods With a Thousand Young 3

This is cute and creepy at the same time. We're talking about some eldricth abdomination having her way with a young boy. I sure hope this won't end with the boy losing his SAN points.

I actually do want the boy to start losing his SAN points, to start being warped into something less and more than human simply by being in the presence of an eldricth abdomination for so long. Sadly, I don't think that the author will be going there.

Hajimete no Gal 1-8

IQET6i8.png

A little bit forced by his friend, a virgin high schooler confess to a gyaru, dogeza-style.

Unsurprisingly, she refuses. At first. Then she decides teasing the poor guy is way too much fun and agreeds to be his girlfriend. Endless teasing about kissing, karaoké and sex ensues.

It's a bit like Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
with a high school setting, a normal pheromone-shooted high schooler bit pervert high schooler and some Zweizer light smut added in. Not as good but it definitely has potential.

Quasar

Genshiken 123 - Felt too much like the return of the status quo. Amusing little episode though. And I do still think Madarame should be moving to the US. Well I would if I hadnt accepted Spotted Flower as the true future.

Yes its up there with Nisekoi as the only good two non bl romances on the market. Though it has two definite bl pairing but the writer needs to touch on them again :(

i stopped reading around chapter 15.

did the mangaka follow through with their tendency to introduce 500+ characters and inane situations so it gets convoluted and strays far away from the original premise?

Revo

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria 24

Wolf boy comin to save the day.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon 33

Pffffft.

This was just a nice feel good chapter. With nipples.

I've read a ton more but I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't feel like notating any of em.

Oh wait.

Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko 6b

Sometimes, with as ridiculous as this series is and as silly as it is, that the dude can actually draw some really unsettling stuff. For such a silly villain, the Goldfish Bowl Man is actually kinda terrifying.

The Lives of Eccentrics by Araki Hirohiko

An omnibus style collection of stories about famous people, ranging from baseball legend Ty Cobb to Nikola Tesla to Typhoid Mary.

As far as I can tell this was written from 1989 to 2003 with a new chapter coming out whenever Araki felt like it. Because of this, you can see Araki's stylistic changes at breakneck speeds, although he didn't draw the last chapter.

Things that happen in this -

- Old man almost eats a baby because he thought it was a turkey
- The Winchester Mystery House in San Francisco is weird because GHOSTS (OK this is what the lady actually though so well done)
- A woman wishes to mate with a man that's believed to be the missing link between apes and humans to see how the child would be and to prove he is human. Upon learning that it's just a Chimpanzee, she still insists on it because she still believes him to be human.
- A Home Alone Murder House with a $1 bill with Washington's face cut out so a rat who's skin is nailed to the floor can bite people, a piano that stabs you when you step on the key and a...car? Ghost car?

When it comes to Araki, these are only about a 6 or 7 on the wtf scale. Chimpanzee thing might be an 8. Heavy Weather is a 10.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 80

Completely forgot this chick even existed. Don't really care about this fight.

Dansan Joshi 1

Pooping is serious business.

Also what kind of toilets do these people have where more than one person can poop in it at the same time?

Girls of the Wild's

So pretty unsurprisingly, Daldal's dad is a total badass. I figured she learned from a parent and it didn't seem like her mom could fight so that just left him.

Jaegu is totally about to let Myeonghwan take all the credit for Daldal's rescue and she's not going to find out he came for her until later, I think. He'll hobble off saying something noble like he doesn't deserve to see her after dissing her or some drivel like that, she'll find out anyway that he was there from Myeonghwan and be all "zomg i lub him" again.

jonjonaug

Furumapura 9: Wow, a good beach trip chapter
Maid Dragon 333: Wow, a good hot springs trip chapter
Komori-san newest chapter whatever: Just for fun I read this too and the quality gap between Komori-san and most of CoolKyou's other work is staggering. Still total crap.
Monster Musume 42: Manako is such a boring and flat character that it took me two days to meander my way through this chapter.

AKB49_

FUCK this pisses me off. Giving Yoshinaga a final victory over Minori? FUCK THAT SHIT :mad:

It's accurate to how people have bad taste in real life.

Furumapura 9

Getting a sniffer dog might be a safer comms method. That way they could keep an eye out for Shiori's stalking as well. Not that I'd want her to be exposed.

Nozomi x Kimio 27
The results would've been much more hilarious if she'd given Nanako some incest trash manga to study instead. Just saying. Well, the actual outcome's fine too.

kami_sama

I read from start to "finish" Genshiken.
I'm the only one that didn't like the end of Madarame's arc?
Like it's still in the air who he's going to choose.

Zweizer

Banned

You mean the Madarame harem arc from Nidaime?

It was never going to have a satisfactory conclusion. It was funny at first but got dragged on for too long and taken too seriously. The author pretty much wrote himself into a corner.

Dansan Joshi 1-3

High schoolers doing stupid stuff and talking about stupid and/or perverted things.

It is funny but I wonder how long the author can keep going on without losing steam.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch352

Just reveal yourself already Tomo.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch35

That cover screams Araki.

While aliens get slaughtered, the girls live a carefree life~

Nozomi x Kimio ch27

That's as happy an ending that could have been achieved I guess.

Quasar

No. I think everyone was not impressed by the coward ending and quick return to status quo.

Though I guess if he did choose you'd have nearly as many people offside, no matter who. Thus I now choose to believe Spotted Flower is the canon future.

pbayne

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou 70-72

Mayumi turns hallow.
Get hype for festival confessions. And also whatever shenanigans are concocted to stop that from actually happening.

rrc1594

Girls of the Wild's

So pretty unsurprisingly, Daldal's dad is a total badass. I figured she learned from a parent and it didn't seem like her mom could fight so that just left him.

Jaegu is totally about to let Myeonghwan take all the credit for Daldal's rescue and she's not going to find out he came for her until later, I think. He'll hobble off saying something noble like he doesn't deserve to see her after dissing her or some drivel like that, she'll find out anyway that he was there from Myeonghwan and be all "zomg i lub him" again.

That sounds really cliche, so you are most likely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom