• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tantei Gakuen Q 1-114
A good mystery/detective manga who's puzzles aren't stupidly complex, and hasn't avoided the damn main plot like a certain other detective manga. Also it's full of DTL bait, a shit ton.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The film Gold color spread is absolutely beautiful.

Also, Nisekoi will continue and is getting a new editor.

WHY.jpg
I thought it was end game already...

Tomo-chan wa onna no ko latest

Damn you Jun! DAMN YOU!

Jitsu wa watashi 129

Children hope and innocence lost forever

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch356

Well, that's that.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch129

Everyone lost.

Nozomi x Kimio ch26

They sure seem to run intoa lot of love troubles.

One Piece ch829

Yikes. Living there must be hell.

The film Gold color spread is absolutely beautiful.

Also, Nisekoi will continue and is getting a new editor.

puL63.gif

The ride never ends.

One Piece 829

Jinbe will be like "Leave? Ha no... No why would I do that" ;(

HXH 358

Man that Whale Ship always amazes me when I see that far view shot of it (The Whale part... to bad about the top part just having a old ship not some cool base thing)

Bleach 678

I can change the future

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It would make me laugh if he refuses to choose a girl.

I mean the only way for it to continue is for Raku to

A) not choose anyone

B) He chooses someone and then he dates them but then some more girls come a new harem forms and we go back to square one

dramatis

I mean the only way for it to continue is for Raku to

A) not choose anyone

B) He chooses someone and then he dates them but then some more girls come a new harem forms and we go back to square one
Put some creativity into it.

Nisekoi can continue if Raku chooses a girl and said girl gets run over by a truck

Reading a manga chapter takes like 2 minutes out of the day and hating on a manga can also provide enjoyment in other ways. I'm all for hate-reading.

Raku gets kidnapped by ninja's when he's about to confess, harem has to activate their keys to reveal their magic powers to fight the evil ninja game to save their husbando

Averon

Raku gets hit in the head and gets amnesia just before he reveals who he picked. Cue another 100 chapters of hi-jinks. Pretty unoriginal, but so has been Nisekoi.

If the rumors I saw for Nisekoi 222 are real
perhaps they're gonna play long ball with the Onodera being the false love angle and have Raku and Onodera date for awhile before realizing their childhood crush wasn't truly love and Raku will hook up with Chitoge in the finale

Raxus

My Hero Academia 95

Another solid chapter. Wonder how Bakugou is going to take this news. School is going to get AWKWARD fast.

Gut punch of an ending.

One Piece 829

Oh Jinbei. Is this your two week notice?

Let me just take a look at that annnnnd....

Bleach 678

Yep, that's one Kubo ass Bleach villain.

Hunter x Hunter 358

I fucking knew it! Kurapika!

9f6.jpg

Again!!! 99-100

Short-haired Hanataka is TOP FUCKING TIER.

YOU DONE FUCKED UP IMAMURA

Helck 70.2-71

Oh shit son they got Egil. Also was extremely amused by:

2 Days Later

"Oh we made it, see it wasn't so tough"

Ojojojojojojojojojojojo 30

His mom and sis' reactions were pretty funny but what's this I spy? A little sister with shark teeth?

Yuusha ga Shinda 60-61

I am longing for the day that dual spear wielder actually does save the day. I will laugh for weeks. This turn of events is actually super interesting, if the Hero can possess his OG body then maybe they can permanently switch bodies? Still leaves the problem of the sword recognizing him as the true hero.

Oh well. More delicious brown thighs.

New Gate 18

J-JAM IT IN

Seriously, Schnee loves the fuck outta you dude. Someone spoil the LNs for me and tell me that he fucks her because their relationship is awesome and adorable and the dude needs to take the next step.

Also plot stuff happened but whatever, PROTECT THAT SCHNEE SMILE

Cashero 20 + Epilogue + Prologue

Really liked the girl saving the suicidal girl she's been watching under the pretense of getting her to help her study. It was a real smart way to reach out to her. While I'm interested in other people with powers I'm not too happy if we leave behind the MCs we've been following til now. I'm pretty attached to them.

Hajimete no Gal 12

Gyal is still wonderful, MC is still lowest tier trash MC who doesn't deserve her. Looks like Maa-chan is stirring some trouble which will reveal THAT GASP HOLY SHIT TWIST OF TWISTS SHE'S NOT ACTUALLY A SLUT AND IS INNOCENT AND PURE Think I threw up a bit. Discussing this series on other sites is literally impossible, I keep forgetting the internet is flooded with people who legitimately think SJWs are ruining the world. Of course they identify with this dumpster bin of an MC.

Alice on Borderland 49

Ended in a surprising way and it's kinda nice that the winners were such two enormous shit-holes but that because they were both so in love with controlling people and the Borderlands they pretty much were like "Yah bro, we can trust each other as equals" I kinda like villainous shit like that.

This series can be surprisingly good sometimes. I mean, it's pretty good to begin with but then sometimes you'll have these really well done chapters that get pretty emotional.

It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular! 98

I find this manga about 100 times more enjoyable when it's Tomoko bouncing off of these new relationships she has. When the manga first started out a lot of the enjoyment was derived from how awkward she was and her falling on her face, then it evolved to laughing at her getting into shit situations because at her core she's actually kinda a shit person, but after a while it started to get hard to read. She didn't evolve at all and it became just "How much can I have her fuck up" and really uncomfortable without any of the humor. Then after a while she actually started to evolve and change a little bit and as a result has all these new relationships that she can bounce off of and the manga has gotten a breath of fresh air again and is super funny now. Her conversations with the girl who likes her brother are absolutely hysterical and this chapter was great because her and the delinquent have great interactions. I was dying when she slugged her and the Stuco Pres was lecturing her during it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I should really start up WataMote. I enjoyed the anime but never got around to the manga and I'm not sure why.

My Hero Academia ch. 95

Solid sendoff to this arc. Police gonna play a bigger role soon, it seems like. Doubt it will be for good.

The hug at the end was great.

I think Watamote would become more bearable if read all at once as opposed to weekly like I did. The manga can drag REAL bad in the parts in the middle where she's just kinda doing awkward shit that isn't funny just...awkward. It has good hooks in the beginning to get you in, goes real low in the middle where you just feel bad for her even if she is a jerk, and then after the Stuco Pres/Gym Teacher stuff starts happening the manga picks up A LOT. The most recent like 20+ chapters have been real good stuff.

Corpse Party: Musume 1-20 (END)
Corpse Party's always been something of an anomaly for me. On paper, it should be the franchise of my dreams (a bunch of kids get sucked into an alternate hell realm and die/despair in utterly horrific circumstances). In practice, it somehow manages to bore me. The Blood Covered game was average at best, while Book of Shadows felt like a poorly put together fan disc. Blood Drive actually managed to salvage my opinion of the franchise somewhat, which is strange in itself because it's widely regarded as the weakest of the 3. It might be because I gave zero fucks about the hopelessly bland cast initially, where as by BD I had at least a mild interest in a few of their fates.

I'm digressing because I have basically nothing positive to say about this manga. This was essentially Corpse Party: Ecchi Edition, with the usually overwhelming focus on gore/viscera being reduced to accommodate a bunch of inappropriate smutty rubbish. I believe its plot was largely based off the earliest CP game, which would explain why the story felt like a shallow prototype. The one point of redemption was the ending, but not for the right reasons. CP isn't exactly known for giving its characters a GOOD END, but this went to hilariously silly lengths to ensure that no-one escaped unscathed, which I was grateful for after suffering alongside them for 20 chapters.

My Hero Academia 95

Super good chapter.

I think people don't give the mangaka enough credit for stuff other than action or the typical shonen stuff that pumps us up. His character work is really solid and he often has a great sense of "moments" that work really well in showing a character, for example in this chapter when they turn Bakugou over to the police and his face is just so...expressionless and Deku says "Bakugou was...quiet" it says SO MUCH about Bakugou at that point in time. He is really good at stuff like that which is why with so few chapters we have such strong characters that all of us have really identified with. The Endeavor scene said SO MUCH in just two pages. The reason that the blistering pace of this manga works is because the mangaka is capable of putting so much meaning and importance on every single page and is so good at making it concise and strong. I mean fuck, look at that panel where Deku holds his face after All Might punches him and you can see the scars on his hand. That shit is intentional.

Also amusing that Iida is still wearing that fucking mustache.

All-Might hugging Deku was super emotional.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well looks like the boat is finally taking off for the Dark Continent in the latest HxH chapter. Seems it takes like 2 months to get there, I can see things getting real crazy on that boat.

Well looks like the boat is finally taking off for the Dark Continent in the latest HxH chapter. Seems it takes like 2 months to get there, I can see things getting real crazy on that boat.

it really does feel like the Titanic

Boku No Hero Academia

All Might will still likely go to that villain kid to try and talk him out after he feels Deku needs no more guidance

dr labson

Neo Member
Baby Steps Chapter 263

I would have liked to see a rematch between Nabae and Maruo, oh well.
I hope Natsu can win, not much else to say.

The translation really need to pick up the pace. The actual manga is ahead by like 100 chapters.

Happiness Chapter 17

Ok, I was not expecting
sex
Where is this manga going? I enjoy this manga immensely, but really.
Where can this possibly go?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If the rumors I saw for Nisekoi 222 are real
perhaps they're gonna play long ball with the Onodera being the false love angle and have Raku and Onodera date for awhile before realizing their childhood crush wasn't truly love and Raku will hook up with Chitoge in the finale

I mean, no; the chapter's already out there and nothing like that happens.

Hiatus prone author + Long Boat Trip = hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bleach 678

ok Yvatch breaking his bankai was actually pretty cool. OTOH how do you beat this guy without an asspull of epic proportions

One Piece 829

alright this extremely happy wonderland is going to turn nightmarish at some point.

HxH 358

I'm scared for this boat to get moving brehs. It's reminding me of another series.

[MENACING] BABY STAND

MHA 95

Yep, I'm satisfied with this even without the death of All Might. It's more like an ideological death anyway.

Angry Grimace

Bleach 678

ok Yvatch breaking his bankai was actually pretty cool. OTOH how do you beat this guy without an asspull of epic proportions

Orihime's main power is straight-up asspulls, she's just not using it.

Haikyuu!! 210
ClFkglfXEAAE7n6.jpg

If we can get a two on two match, Ushiwaka and someone vs TsukiHina that would make this a fantastic arc. I wonder who or what he will do while there.

Kageyamas training could be better once we get to know some of the people there.

dr labson

Neo Member
Hero Academia Chapter 95

That was touching. All Might is no more, just Toshinori.
I wonder what All Might has left to teach. He is a horrible teacher.

Angry Grimace

Yeah fake spoiler bait real chapter just further cements
chitoge end which I guess now means chitoge and raku dating arc woo

The entire series premise is that its a Raku/Chitoge dating arc.

Revo

Baby Steps 263

While I like Natsu I can't help but want to learn what happens to Maruo more than this match. Hopefully it's not too long.

VRMN

The entire series premise is that its a Raku/Chitoge dating arc.
If this series is continuing after its presumed end, then wouldn't that make this a fake out? I'm all for romances continuing after the confession, since a relationship is inherently more interesting, but that's not this genre's style. If anything, Nisekoi adheres to genre standards to a fault. If this is continuing for the foreseeable future, then the winner here is probably doomed to a breakup. Sigh.

#TeamHaruLives

jman2050

I mean if you think about it the one shot ended with Raku stopping a gang war and saving Chitoge in the process, maybe Komi really wants to incorporate something like that when he ends it.

Hunter x Hunter 358

Dat baby. This arc will be so good. Or will this be another long boatride?

My Hero Acdemia 95

Solid conclusion to the arc. Cant wait the new developments that will happen because of All Might "death".

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My Hero Academia 95
Man, that was great.
All might and Deku talking about their future in the place where they first start training. And, endeavour attitude toward All Might no longer symbol of peace was clear as a day. He never get to beat him after all that horrible thing he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom