• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular!

I haven't checked up on this in a long time, but she seems to have way too many friends to be as supposedly unpopular as the title used to imply. Tomoko's just kind of a bad friend to all of them.

bobohoro

Boku No Hero Academia 95

Being back at the beginning, this manga really has been one amazing ride up until now.
That hug, both crying, so good.

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 129

I've rarely read a comedy manga with this great of a gag quality 100 chapters in. Feels fresh time after time.

One Piece 829

The value of family is lost on her. Can't wait for Luffy raging and smacking her senseless.

To be fair, I wouldn't really call any of them friends. She has one legit friend who she treats like an asshole and a bunch of people who are now aware of her existence.

She's still not popular. It's just gone from "Aw man, she's so awkward and keeps getting into sad situations" to "Goddammit Tomoko, stop being a fuck up"

The plot twist is...it IS her fault she's not popular! Dun dun DUN!

ShowMeYourDick_zpsydojzawb.png

UQ Holder getting an announcement next week.
Wonder if it'll suffer the Ken Akamatsu curse or not.

The problem is even if this is a perfect adaptation of UQ Holder it'll always be hampered by the fact both adaptations of Negima don't lead into this at all from what I've heard. Unless UQ Holder does a Golden Age esque flash back arc that covers the second half of Negima to fill in the plot details anime only watchers are gonna get horribly lost.

Busaiku

I don't think so, I never read Negima substantially, but I don't feel lost or anything.
The series does a good job expressing or explaining why people are so feared/revered.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 23

This manga is just getting better every chapter.

At first it seemed like one of those concepts where it'd be hard to continue it as the gimmick would get old but after it found it's groove this manga has just been laugh out loud funny almost every chapter. I'd read 100 chapters of this shit happening over and over.

2 pages in and his slamming his own face into the volleyball had me in tears.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
A UQ Holder anime makes no sense. The entire story requires you to remember Negima's entire plot.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma

There's your Erina full face turn and dere-mode activate

I don't think so, I never read Negima substantially, but I don't feel lost or anything.
The series does a good job expressing or explaining why people are so feared/revered.

I mean I felt lost so I went back and read Negima and my enjoyment of UQ Holder was exponentially greater

Angry Grimace

To be fair, I wouldn't really call any of them friends. She has one legit friend who she treats like an asshole and a bunch of people who are now aware of her existence.

She's still not popular. It's just gone from "Aw man, she's so awkward and keeps getting into sad situations" to "Goddammit Tomoko, stop being a fuck up"

The plot twist is...it IS her fault she's not popular! Dun dun DUN!

ShowMeYourDick_zpsydojzawb.png

I mean, it seems like Tomoko is an asshole, but most people are vaguely unaware of it for some reason.

Nisekoi 222

.... I don't know why I post reviews for these chapters... I should wait until something substantial occurs

Shokugeki no Soma 171

Oh yeah their still first years... so are we going to get more stuff after this Azami things for 2nd year and 3rd year arcs

Anyway Erina is back to normal again.... only took a billion chapters though

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! latest
Way to let her go, Jun...

Criminale! ch.13 - 17
Such dedication to hating a single member of their class. But I guess it's within good reason.

At least the phantom thief's shenanigans are good at getting them riled up.

Getter Robo Devolution ch.6
So the cat's out of the bag and Saotome just starts expositing about the existence of parallel worlds, and with that multiple versions of the main cast. Just from an art standpoint, that at least gave this manga a good excuse to draw a brief glimpse of OG Ryoma and Shin Getter. Very much appreciated.

Following that, the rest of the chapter's a bit of character building between Ryoma and Musashi, discussing the pain that comes from having something of value taken from you, and then some fights with mutate humans who've pretty much had their humanity and control taken as well. That theme certainly explains a lot of the tone behind this Getter story, though it makes me curious what exactly Hayato may have lost to reach this point. For Musashi he had to leave his family behind, and Ryoma his entire school was destroyed by the Devolutionary Beasts (also that's what the monsters of this manga are actually called, so it's relevant to the title).

Shit feels so much like Getter Robo now, only really took a few chapters for it to get going and I sincerely hope for more moments like the "Fragment of Emperor" just to see if the rest of the Getter multiverse will factor in majorly.

Raxus

Food Wars!

Ok I am getting hyped for the next arc. It is nice to have some good ol' hijinx after the central arc was so dour. Can't wait to see how everyone's cooking evolves.

Angry Grimace

Food Wars!

Ok I am getting hyped for the next arc. It is nice to have some good ol' hijinx after the central arc was so dour. Can't wait to see how everyone's cooking evolves.
I wonder if they're gonna show Erina Boot Camp or just imply that it happened.

Also, whether she intends to or not, refusing to give Soma an answer is pretty flirty behavior and clearly inviting him to keep making you food. Eventually she's gonna get the peanut butter squid.

Aww snap, Erina thankful of soma :v

Dere mode activate!

Also, fuck bleach. First time I read it since two years ago, so much ass pulls. I skimmed through the last few chapters. All Kubo does is make a hero get a transformation only to be useless the next chapter. Kenpachi, hitsugaya, Ichigo. All trash. Reading this after reading Hunter, god damn. /rant
Also that final boss, his power is so damn stupid, I wonder how Kubo will write off his defeat. The asspull to end all asspull.

Kingdom 477, 478

Shin expanding his army harem with his unify China speeches lol

Buck-Teeth was known to have goofed and Shin let him off easily by kicking him out of his unit... I wonder if that will have permanent ramifications or one day he might return...

Oh well him for Kanki I guess (or maybe when Kanki changes his ways Shin might re-consider also forgiving Bihei too)

soma 171

Of course Erina doesn't tell Soma how it tastes. Anyway, this next arc of the promotion exams should be pretty good.

I wonder if they're gonna show Erina Boot Camp or just imply that it happened.

Also, whether she intends to or not, refusing to give Soma an answer is pretty flirty behavior and clearly inviting him to keep making you food. Eventually she's gonna get the peanut butter squid.

They'll probably show parts of the training as each person goes through the exams, showing what each person learned at a time. Or something like that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dagashi Kashi 43
I'm trying to figure out how to play with Maken Gummy, and all i could think off is using the same rule just RPS cards in Kaiji, but with added twist.

Each player can choose 5 cards of their choosing, and each of them receive 5 badges or something. Play it like normal RPS, but, add rule that the loser can choose to reveal the inside to get another chances of winning. Since it's not fair to the winner, the winner gets twice the earning if they still win, if the result are draw the first winner still win.

If both of them draw, they can choose to show the inside or keep it as it is.

...tl;dr i have some free times to think about stupid games.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 1
Set in a school where 'intelligent' animals greatly outnumber humans, the MC inadvertently becomes assimilated into the pack of a weak wolf girl, hindering his crush on the only female human in his class. If it wasn't obvious from the above image, the males are depicted in their full animalistic glory, while the females are anthropomorphised to the point where they look like they're cosplaying. Followed because [x] Touch Fluffy Tail.

Kurita

The author on Twitter wasn't really happy that it "leaked" before the release date of the new volume of Re: (where the announcement was) though.

Also said that he could do without anime/movie adaptations (he said the same thing when the anime was made) of his works but it doesn't bother him that much this time.
Lots of back and forth between him and the people in charge for the script, he also got to see the castings. He does his best to offer something fans of the original material will enjoy.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Set in a school where 'intelligent' animals greatly outnumber humans, the MC inadvertently becomes assimilated into the pack of a weak wolf girl, hindering his crush on the only female human in his class. If it wasn't obvious from the above image, the males are depicted in their full animalistic glory, while the females are anthropomorphised to the point where they look like they're cosplaying. Followed because [x] Touch Fluffy Tail.

That thing next to the elephant is pumped

dr labson

Neo Member
jZUUcFL.jpg

Seeing this image just reminds me of My gym partner is a monkey. I would have liked it if the girls were also full animals.
On a side note, it really is too bad we don't have a Monster girl story on par with MGQ.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The setting was amusing, I guess this is the start on how the MC building animal harem.

On a side note, i ilways knew that pooh bear is an asshole.
vrsiepp.png

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch357

Should have taken your time!

Demi-chan wa Kataritai ch18

That prejudice against succubi has to stop!

Shokugeki no Soma ch171

So she's finally going to do something.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch16

That's a troublesome party member alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom