• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

*Looks at latest Bleach Chapter*

Wtf Kubo, that was troll move you did there. Seriously can Aizen even beat this guy even with his illusion?

dani_dc

Tomo-chan 357

She took a lot longer than she should had to buy ice cream.
So much time she bought ice cream twice after the ice cream had time to melt.

How exactly was she "too soon"?

MANUELF

Banned
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 1

Set in a school where 'intelligent' animals greatly outnumber humans, the MC inadvertently becomes assimilated into the pack of a weak wolf girl, hindering his crush on the only female human in his class. If it wasn't obvious from the above image, the males are depicted in their full animalistic glory, while the females are anthropomorphised to the point where they look like they're cosplaying. Followed because [x] Touch Fluffy Tail.

I though the human girl was the red hair near the jiraffes, she doesnt seem to have animal ears

bobohoro

Soma 171

Well, at least she developed and is taking charge. As long as she doesn't relapse for another rescue arc it's fine.
Hokkaido sounds like fun.

Tomo-chan 357

They sure aren't in a hurry, huh?

pbayne

Soul Eater From anime end to 62

Its just pure craziness littered with Bleach tier "where the fuck did that power-up come from" and countless villains, and twists and fights and transformations and ahhhh is there even a plot left? Its an entertaining read still but man its mental.

P.S I love Black Star in the manga so much more and i can't really comprehend why i like him so much. And MedusaxStein still the OTP(get back Marie)

VRMN

Tomo-chan 357

She took a lot longer than she should had to buy ice cream.
So much time she bought ice cream twice after the ice cream had time to melt.

How exactly was she "too soon"?
They probably fully expected her to get hit on and not know what to do with the attention. That or it's a joke and I shouldn't think to hard about it because this is going to lead to her leaving her house again as Jun is getting back to his and that's going to be great.

dr labson

Neo Member
Girl Friends Chapter 1-2

Welp my first yuri manga. It's about time I would say.
I found out about this manga by browsing the romantic two girl friendship trope.
It will be interesting to see how this trope effects a girl who's into another girl.
Good read so far.

Kurita

You know what's more infuriating than Nisekoi or your other romcoms?
People who forget that you can switch heroes in Overwatch.

"Huh, I wonder why I'm getting killed everytime I get there with that particular hero. Oh well."

You know what's more infuriating than Nisekoi or your other romcoms?
People who forget that you can switch heroes in Overwatch.

"Huh, I wonder why I'm getting killed everytime I get there with that particular hero. Oh well."

I have a friend who only plays as McCree/Soldier 76 and is constantly bitching about being killed by Widowmaker.

He has never once switched to Winston, Genji or Tracer after being killed by Widow for the sixth time.

Revo

Sakamoto desu ga? 21-24 (end)

Some of the later sakamoto moments hadn't been hitting the target for me so I'm glad there wasn't another volume.
Adios, Sakamoto.

I like playing FPS' and Overwatch seems fun but I stay away from all multiplayer shooters because I'm not very good at them. If I want to get competent at a game like Overwatch, I choose 1 or 2 characters who I gel with their playstyle and then play them all the time until I eventually am not atrocious with them. I'd much rather be the guy who picks the same person who does varying degrees of bad then pick the "right pick" and just suck complete ass and do even worse. I'd rather just stay away from a game that requires counter-picks.

As for WATAMOTE I honestly believe that it's only gotten better with Tomoko evolving into such a shit and her being able to bounce off of people. It was much harder to find it funny when awkward and awful shit happened to a socially awkward person and much more amusing when half the time she brought it on herself cause she's such an asshole.

It doesn't make her any less lovable and I feel proud and root for her when shit goes well but it's just more entertaining as she is now then how she was before.

MindStuckOnDicks_zpsgrbaegvd.png

PK Gaming

Soma

Well it took them a million chapters but Erina is finally a likeable character

I'd say she's more a victim of Flanderization than of character development.

Nah no way

She can actually hold conversations with people and she basically has friends now

The latest chapter is really upfront about it

Busaiku

Is Sakamoto the most popular series that ended without the author/publisher being greedy?
Only 4 volumes, but didn't some of them break a million?

dr labson

Neo Member
Hajimete no Gal Chapter 11-12

Man, I just wish the friends of the MC would fuck off.
The manga would be way more enjoyable if the MC can just figure things out on his own.

The plot also keeps flip flopping between genuine feel good stuff and anime bullshit.
It still enjoyable, but it can be so much better.

This manga is like Prison School, but this manga just doesn't go far enough.
I might as well just reread Prison School.
Will still keep reading.

Arachnid 62
At this stage in the story, if you're still getting surprised by anything Alice does with threads then you might as well just tie a noose around your neck, kick away the bucket and save her the trouble. Anyway, the queen is dead, long live the queen.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh shit, they're going to Ooezo to meet Hachiken and co!

As much as I enjoy all three of those series, I see what you're doing...trying to gateway drug him from standard fantasy shonen into elevated...uh...fantasy...shonen.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 55

A lot here to digest, particularly with these new Higashikata family teasers, but I wanna say overall I thought this Damo arc was the best arc Jojolion's had yet - by far, actually. Even in this chapter Damo still found new ways to be extremely cruel. Poor pops.

As always, fuck Joshu.

Usobuko

Banned
Sakamoto ended? It was selling so well, better than B-tier Shounen Jump's manga even.

Props for the author for letting it end at 21 chapters.

Shounen Shoujo 6

That was a very interesting reaction.

Girl has a week left before she dies and Doku is planning something. The wordplay, as expected, is hilarious with this dude because it's obviously a play on "Doc" but Doku also means poison as it was written there.

Nisioisin no matter how stupid crazy it gets is always worth a read. And since it's the Medaka Box artist it just gives me warm fuzzies

I think something I really like about the Jojo's since 6 and after is that Araki is finally making a lot of really strong secondary women with Stands.

Revo

Helck 70.2-71

I'm glad everyone believes in Vamirio so much. Definitely going to at least get close to saving the humans.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One Punch Man ch. w/e (Murata)

Terraformars cosplayers, brehs.

Face-Peeler is one of the weirder designs I've seen in this lately. Pretty cool / creepy, actually.

Revo

I am a Hero v17

Sooooo much dialect spelling. Nothing really happening in this volume, just some world/character building. Kinda boring vol.

I am a Hero v18

I was wondering when the thing in the background would do something lmao.
God the cliffhanger.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is Sakamoto the most popular series that ended without the author/publisher being greedy?
Only 4 volumes, but didn't some of them break a million?

This is probably thanks to the magazine where it was publisher. Harta (prev. Fellow) known for pushing on the artistic sides and not really forcing the auhor to turn it into mega hit franchise, hence why several manga published on their magazine win various critics award (Emma, Dungeon Meshi, Otoyomegatari).

Shokugeki no Soma latest

Erina building her own DIamond Dogs

Sakamoto desu ga end

Fabulous ending. Glad this series end before it become stale. I'll be waiting for the author next work, and i hope it is as good or even better than Sakamoto.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch358

I'd say, you should totes try to go in the opposite direction.

Assert your dominance on him!

One Punch-Man ch61.2

RIP.

A Room For Two ch9

They're popular~

Too bad for y'all, they're already an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom