• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat's Eye Hall 1-2
BEaz124.jpg

Episodic yuri drama + phantasmagorical shop for confused hearts + cute overseer +
dtoKfLC.jpg
= my yuritopia. Which is why I'm utterly heartbroken that there's only 2 chapters out, with the last one being released nearly 4 years ago. I'll try reading some of the author's other (yuri) works to alleviate the pain a little.

Carbonard Crown 1-6 (BAD END)

... Aaand this didn't help the pain, it only strengthened it. It's more yuri drama, but a continuous story rather than episodic encounters, starring a FeMC and a royal family of 7 'siblings' who transfer to her island to experience its culture. The reason for my rage is that it was originally a mobile phone manga, and for one reason or another, only this 1st volume was ever given a physical release. Naturally, chp6 ended right on a freaking doki-doki moment. Lily garden, meet lawnmower.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Animated Tota-nii and his hula hoops and love for going shirtless, I cant wait. Please get a voice from KENN.
Why are you calling him Tota-nii?

I don't think even the minor character you think says that actually says that. And there's like no way they get all that far. The entire plot requires you to know everything that happened in Negima.

Lain

Opened my copy of Dragons Rioting volume 3, and the color pages are folded in and cut in such a way that parts of them is missing. Chalk another reason to my hate of Yen Press.

Corpse Party: Blood Covered 1-47 (END)
Musume's deficiencies should've been enough to put me off all Corpse Party manga, but in the spirit of forgiveness, I decided to give BC a shot. Its initial chapters were (unsurprisingly) a close regurgitation of the game's early events, and combined with the lacklustre art I figured it was going to be a basic adaptation that I could drop without regret. But then Seiko reached the end of her rope, and there was enough vivid horror in the depiction of her demise that I had a change of heart. Probably the right decision, since the story did noticeably splinter off from its source in the later stages (as well as throwing in some welcome elements from the WRONG ENDS), which made it less predictable and therefore more engaging for me. Ayumi in yandere mode was the highlight, naturally. Nothing remarkable overall, but somewhat more entertaining than I was expecting given my gripes with the game, and decent enough that I'll check out any other completed CP manga.

Zweizer

Banned
Nana to Kaoru ch148

So are we headed towards the finale?

Ojojojo ch31

Well, it's going to get heated.

Invisible Girl in Love (One-shot) by Ando Yuki

Appearances are not always what they seem.

Kyou no Yuiko-san ch43

Still so awkward.

Why are you calling him Tota-nii?

I don't think even the minor character you think says that actually says that. And there's like no way they get all that far. The entire plot requires you to know everything that happened in Negima.

No way UQ Holder gets such a short anime, its like the magazines next Fairy Tail, theyd be dumb to give it less episodes than Fairy Tail and even 7 Taizai.

Kieli

Does anyone here have experience with Dark Horse's omnibus of Chobits? They have 2 volumes released, but there's no point in buying if it doesn't cover all the chapters. Moreover, reading some reviews indicates it's a paperback (to be expected) with dimensions of a non-omnibus (not expected). That has me worried about the durability of the binding.

Also kinda has me disappointed as I would appreciate a deluxe hardcover edition if they're going to collect 8 volumes in 2. Ideally, something like Vinland or maybe even Viz Big would be nice, as I know they won't fall apart.

Clegg

Cross Break

Just finished it. Damn good slice of life/romance manga.

Does anyone have recommendations of manga similar to this one?

Imma read that alien one so hard

I hate that that moth girl only shows up in in hentai, I love her fucking design so much.

Oh my god her dad is like a carrot with hair tentacles

SE

Yo, this manga is pretty good.

Main girl is a perv, series is about onaholes, one of the characters is promiscuous without being judged for it (mostly).

Neat.

Mistake

I have used mangameeya for years until I discovered it was broken today. For some reason my pointer is forced up when it opens and any pictures will zoom in. When I click the menu it will stop, but it also happens when minimized. Anyone have this problem? What other programs can I use for manga?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Tokyo Ghoul:re ch. 81

I like Juuzou but I have no idea why this fight had to happen right now. This wasn't very well planned out tbh. At least we got back to Kaneki for the rest of the chapter.

Ore no Himekutsu o Haite Kure 3
Huh, it's like the author of this manga is trying to tell me something. I can't put my finger on it, but I have a feeling......it must be the school uniform!
Wait no, that's wrong

I loved the connection where he wasn't interested in the cosplay and then when she was getting out of it and her booty was BAM in his face and the magazine of his that was basically "Booty Enthusiast"

That was funny.

I like the series a bunch and the characters a lot but there's something about it that prevents me from loving it and I'm not sure what. Every chapter I read I felt something getting in the way.

Zweizer

Banned
Yome ga Kore na Monde. ch1-9 by Miyata Kouji

Alien wife slice of life, with a side of smut. Pretty cute and fun, and the art is expressive and good at depicting an air of alienness.

Also featuring a gyaru-type alien girl~

Ore no Himekutsu o Haite Kure ch1-3 by Suga Atsushi

Leg fetish smut.

The dude being a total creep hinders my ability to enjoy it however.

Girls of the Wild's
Jaegu is totally about to let Myeonghwan take all the credit for Daldal's rescue and she's not going to find out he came for her until later, I think. He'll hobble off saying something noble like he doesn't deserve to see her after dissing her or some drivel like that, she'll find out anyway that he was there from Myeonghwan and be all "zomg i lub him" again.

Yep, pretty much called it. His noble idiot speech was different than I expected but still in line with what I was predicting. It was cool that Daldal's dad whooped ass and saved his daughter on Father's Day, though.

Nordicus

I loved the connection where he wasn't interested in the cosplay and then when she was getting out of it and her booty was BAM in his face and the magazine of his that was basically "Booty Enthusiast"

That was funny.
I like the joy he seems to receive out of blocking all the gyaru alien's attempts at seducing him. The total smugness in his face when he showed that he wasn't cheating on his wife was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom