• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheeplash

Nisekoi
The tour is over boyos, c'est fini. Ships are being sunk across the globe.
tumblr_inline_o6d52x47Oc1ra081x_500.gif

Bleach
Aizen Bankai incoming?

jman2050

Tomo-chan 360

Tomo and Jun are gonna be on one team, why even bother playing the games?

Nisekoi

And that's that. Thanks for playing Onodera, your consolation prize is the pained outcries of all your fans as you wallow in misery. Meanwhile I'm happy for Chitoge.

The lack of any sort of ending announcement is starting to worry me though.

Totally, it feels like they're all chumps now (except for the big sister) which lowers the tension considerably, but man are they jerks.

but then again if they are indeed cyborgs now

even Sanji's pop said something about changing then they will likely upgrade even more

Nisekoi

"this feelings is not fake"

yeah like the stuff with Onocrap

Jintor

Karakai jouzu no tagakisan 31

Holy crap an actual "future" chapter where they just go ahead and tell you how everything goes! Will wonders never cease

Wiseblade

At this point, I'm confident that One Piece will outlast My Hero Academia. As I see it, there are a number of events that need to happen before the series ends, such as:

Zoro Beating Mihawk in a fight
The Luffy-Law alliance vs Kaido
Luffy & Usopp travelling to Elbaf and Usopp becoming a true Warrior of the sea
The Upcoming Reverie
Nico Robin learning the truth of the Void Century
The revolutionaries make a move
The final confrontation of the Strawhats vs the Blackbeard Pirates at Raftel
The final showdown with the Strawhat alliance vs the World Government.

Any one of these events could take years if elaborated on.

There's a whole bunch of other smaller things bound to happen too, like:

At least one meeting between Luffy and Blackbeard before Raftel to formally establish the race
Brook having at least one more concert
Sanji finding All Blue
Zoro finding at least one new Sword
Usopp fufilling the rest of his tall tales (most notably getting 8000 men to officially pledge themselves to him)
Franky meeting Dr. Vegapunk and getting at least one more upgrade

and a whole bunch others I'm forgetting. That also assumes that Oda doesn't add any new plot threads into the mix, which we all know is impossible.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Berserk Episode 345

Guts ain't got fucking time for Tea you stupid wizards, he wants to meet the Elf King for fucks sake! He came a long way for a long damn time for this.

We've got the ultimate cyborg right there in the crew so it's whatever

true, speaking of which I assume that Daddy Vinesmoke is likely not the real controller of Germa as he thinks he is

likely his plan he believes everyone is going to follow is not truly the case and maybe the first Brother is the real mastermind behind everything and is using the said Dad

maybe he is even stronger

Wiseblade

Notable WSJ manga that started and ended in One Piece's Run

Shaman King
Prince of Tennis
Black Cat
Bobobobo Bobobo
Eyeshield 21
Death Note
Bakuman
Beelzebub
Medaka Box
To-Love-Ru
Naruto
Assassination Classroom
Bleach (Almost certainly)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

It's hilarious how in shonen romantic comedies it's not enough for the protagonist to just end up with the girl he likes; all the other girls who like him must also be satisfied with his decision and continue to pine after him in silence for all eternity.

Like I fully expect the epilogue to be a flash-forward to them graduating from college and he'll meet up with the girls and it will show them all blush and they will all be still single and internally sad.

Wiseblade

Nisekoi

It's sad how in WSJ romantic comedies it's not enough for the protagonist to just end up with the girl he likes; all the other girls who like him must also be satisfied with his decision and continue to pine after him in silence for all eternity.

Like they could do a flash-forward to college and he'll meet up with the girls and it will show them all blush and they will all be still single and internally sad.
That's not exclusive to WSJ.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They lost and they must remain losers forevermore.

This is the price you pay for going after the MC.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's not exclusive to WSJ.

Okay, I edited it. It's true that it's all shonen.

I just hope for amusement's sake they do a follow up arc that's as bad as Love Hina where all the other girls lost but we get to see them be sad loners and a super awkward sex arc.

Haly

Soma 177

This is going to escalate to the point where they aren't even given a kitchen, cookware or utensils.

Angry Grimace

Too bad the writer wont be daring enough to have Ichijo realize he has feelings for Shuu in college and we see him break up with the gorilla and go with Shuu.

I mean, I understand WHY yaoi fanboys like to spin gay relationships out of whole cloth - its because mainstream manga has the unfortunate tendency to reduce homosexual relationships to subtext begin with (see also, Sailor Uranus/Neptune), but there's basically no gay subtext at all with Shuu and Raku. Raku and Shuu are both demonstrably and clearly heterosexual. Like with Soma and Takumi in Shokugeki you could at least argue they have no interest in girls, but Raku and Shuu are both pretty clearly into women.

And I don't know, I also feel like there are unfortunate implications here because I don't think that homosexuality is a random choice you make in college.

jbug617

Banned
Haikyuu 215
I wonder where Tsukki and Hinata are going. Maybe some sort of training. The "Little Giant" with Kageyama is going to end up going against Karasuno when they go to Nationals.

Soma 176
They make noodles out of vegetables is my guess

One Piece 833
Sanji had a rough childhood. I wish he called Zeff his father in front of his biological dad.

Angry Grimace

I'll be the lone guy and say I think Nisekoi's conclusion arc has been better than expected. He not only picked a girl he actually went through with it, which I didn't expect at the outset.

Haly

My Hero Academia ch100

Hopefully he'll come up with something that can live up to All Might's.

I think All Might's telling him to not go full All Might.

I just hope Deku's Quirk doesn't become as boring as Ichigo's Bankai. It's already going in that direction.

Angry Grimace

I think All Might's telling him to not go full All Might.

I just hope Deku's Quirk doesn't become as boring as Ichigo's Bankai. It's already going in that direction.

I mean he already has the most generic quirk ever

Haly

Maybe he can be inventive with it, I dunno.

Add some ball bearings to his costume so he can have ranged options like Mana/Railgun.

upandaway

Hero Academia ONE HUNDRED

B4GFvdo.png

This isn't a surprise to anyone but I'll just say it again, Deku is one of the most far gone nuts shonen protagonist I've seen since like, Gon. This dude is scaring the heck outta me. Love him though.

Horikoshi's comedy is on point with All Might's idiot guide and that Ochako

I'll be the lone guy and say I think Nisekoi's conclusion arc has been better than expected. He not only picked a girl he actually went through with it, which I didn't expect at the outset.
He picked the most obvious girl after the weirdest fucking exchange with the other candidate that made him look like an asshole - every side girl had an entire arc dedicated to them, the only actual choice gets like half a chapter that basically amounts to "sorry, better luck next time" - , the necklace which was the fucking main plot point in the end served for no purpose other than making him go on a guilt trip for a couple panels - and by god were the contents disappointing but then again I never expected Komi to deliver on that - and this was led into by some deus ex machina "we all knew each other" bullshit.

I feel like actually sorta offended by this ending and it has nothing to do with who he picked.

upandaway

Hero Academia

Maybe he can be inventive with it, I dunno.

Add some ball bearings to his costume so he can have ranged options like Mana/Railgun.
Thing is though I thought that Deku's got somewhat of a grip on his ability at this point. I keep expecting him to go into full on muscle building like in the second chapter so that he can up his percentages again.

About using his power creatively he's been rocking it pretty dang well so far. He's always been more of a calculated fighter so his style will definitely be different from All Might.
I mean, people can find plenty of different fighting styles in real life with no ability at all so it's uh, possible.

All Might is still a horrible teacher by the way. Deku consistently showed results when given real advice instead of All Might's nothings, he should really just talk to him normally.

Conan-san

A kindly reminder; Ore Monogatri and Nisekoi happen in the same universe thanks to that one crossover;

So in the same world as that bollocks, THIS is happening.

What I'm saying is instead of watching/reading Nisekoi watch Ore Monogatri instead.

Haly

In Deku's mind, his current strategies and tactics are compensation for not being able to safely use OfA at maximum output like All Might. That is, in his head, what he's doing now is just a stopgap until he can function like All Might.

All Might's saying "No, young grasshopper, you must discover your own OfA".

At least that's my reading.

bobohoro

Boku No Hero Academia 100

The thing is, even if he strengthens his body, his suit and his ability to use his power, Deku will still wreck his body when the situation demands it. That's the sort of scary analytical hero person he is.

And All Might with big ambitions there, should just learn to leave those books in his office.

Wiseblade

Hero Academia ONE HUNDRED

http://i.imgur.com/B4GFvdo.png[IMG]

This isn't a surprise to anyone but I'll just say it again, Deku is one of the most far gone nuts shonen protagonist I've seen since like, Gon. This dude is scaring the heck outta me. Love him though.

Horikoshi's comedy is on point with All Might's idiot guide and that Ochako[/QUOTE]
I remember when people started speculating that Luffy was going to suffer real consequences for excessive use of the Gears in the Impel Down / Marineford arcs. I gave off some hearty laughs then.

But here, it actually seems possible. The idea of a shonen protagonist inflicting a lasting injury on themselves due to recklessness and exploring the fallout from that is exciting and terrifying.

upandaway

In Deku's mind, his current strategies and tactics are compensation for not being able to safely use AfO at maximum output like All Might. That is, in his head, what he's doing now is just a stopgap until he can function like All Might.

All Might's saying "No, young grasshopper, you must discover your own AfO".

At least that's my reading.
Yeah I know but I'm just saying he's got it in him. Honestly the only reason why he can't change his endgame vision is because All Might isn't helping him, but I always felt like he's on a good path and will find a split eventually.

I know in Deku's position I would be trying to imitate All Might a whole lot of a heck more, because there's nothing else I can go on, and he's been realizing where and when it breaks apart even if he can't see a different picture yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom