• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you or anyone else please clear something up for me? What is the difference between the "light novel" for Re:Zero and the "Manga" for Re:Zero?(which releases next week). Kinda confused on which to buy. Thank you in advance for your answers :)

LN is the original source of the story, 99% of the pages are just words with a few image pages throughout the book. The manga is just an adaption of the LN in manga form, LN manga tend to be much slower pacing wise for obvious reasons when compared to the original source material. So if you just want the story to read get the LN, if you want/need visuals at all times then get the manga version.

Rowena

Neo Member
LN is the original source of the story, 99% of the pages are just words with a few image pages throughout the book. The manga is just an adaption of the LN in manga form, LN manga tend to be much slower pacing wise for obvious reasons when compared to the original source material. So if you just want the story to read get the LN, if you want/need visuals at all times then get the manga version.

Thank you for clearing that up. I just pre ordered the manga. Should be here Tuesday.

shounen jump stuff:
rip mononofu, lasted longer than most people thought you would
three new series starting in the next upcoming issues

shounen jump stuff:
rip mononofu, lasted longer than most people thought you would
three new series starting in the next upcoming issues

Wow didn't expect Mononofu to be killed this time around, I assumed HxH going back on hiatus would give it wiggle room to survive this axing round.
So that's gone, Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary is 99% being killed within the month and Bleach + Nisekoi are within 3 months ending (probably closer to 2).

Arabesque

What do you guys know about Blood Lad and All You Need is Kill?

Don't know about Blood Lad, but All You Need is Kill is a nice short action story. If you had heard/seen Edge of Tomorrow, it's the story the movie was based on.

The manga has some nice looking art and pretty cool looking fights.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch87

Best shonen is back!

The doctor is in line with what one can expect from this series.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch36

She sure is obsessed with lust.

Futanari action incoming?

Shuukan Shounen Girl ch20

That's some strong anxiety.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch6.Omake

He's more likely to die trying than to succeed.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch191

Boring.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Keijo!!!!!!!! 88
The return of the best battle shonen involving boobs and ass.
Lol, that doctor is the boob exorcist from author previous work. He's basically exorcist some evil by fondling boobs. No blush or anything, he's a pro.

What do you guys know about Blood Lad and All You Need is Kill?
Blood lad was decent adventure manga. All you need is kill is a groundhog day esque story about guy who try to survive alien invasion. Great art and cool protagonist, i definitely recommend it.

Grand Blue 1
q87Z2.png
When you enter the wrong party

Minamoto-kun 191

VA girl may actually be less interesting than sports girl. Unless her upcoming idea involves S&M play or something. Also after looking back at previous chapters, I think she's been drawn about a foot smaller in this one.

the pacing for minamoto-kun is so damn slow and VA girl is arc is such a damn drag i went ahead and read the RAWS.

and when i say the latest girl gives aunt and daddy issues girl the run for BEST GURL in just a few pages, it makes the wait for more even more unbearable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Seo at his finest. Menstruation as a plot point and he's gonna go to a girl's room tonight because he made a hasty misunderstanding.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the 7

Ushio is the designated taker of Ls. It still makes me laugh that Miyamura is continually stated to be some kind of Chick Magnet despite the fact that Yamada has something like six named characters actively in love with him and several others who have expressed some degree of interest.

Sayuri’s Little Sister is an Angel vol 2
Hmm. The fact that Mikoto's presence is acknowledged en masse (excluding the angel traits) suggests she's still in this world, but that's counterbalanced by her mysterious transition from constantly sick → good health. Odds of her being dead/comatose have decreased slightly, though it still seems plausible. Not hugely interested in the B-side couple, since they don't really have a hook like the main pairing do (yuri aside). Still, a diversion from the main story's fine occasionally.

upandaway

Eiichiro Oda says that One Piece is 65% finished. 4 years ago he said it was at 60% and the manga turned 19 yesterday so this doesn't really mean anything
The projected length keeps increasing at a faster pace than the real content coming out

I'm not a math expert but this sort of means that One Piece will keep on going infinitely.

All that matters to me is that a canonical half point was reached years ago, Fishman Island. That doesn't give us an estimate on how long this will actually end up being, however.

Raftel is the final destination but not necessarily the final arc. Zero chance there isn't a Marineford 2 in Neo Marineford or Marejois and then an epilogue.

Luffy is running out of worthy opponents however. After defeating Doflamingo he's easily in S tier now, top 5%. The way I see it with how the current powers are and where they will be by the end of the series -

SSS tier - Whitebeard, Roger, Garp in his prime, Sengoku in his prime, Blackbeard, Akainu, Kaidou, Shanks.

As I see it right now, Blackbeard, Akainu and Shanks are the final boss candidates. They will all have to go down at some point.

SS Tier - Marco, Big Mom, Mihawk, Kuma, Blackbeard's crew, Aokiji, Fujitora, Kizaru, Sengoku, Current Garp
S Tier - Luffy, Doflamingo, Hancock, Blackbeard's crew
A Tier - Zoro, Law, Kidd, Drake, Jinbei

Eiichiro Oda says that One Piece is 65% finished. 4 years ago he said it was at 60% and the manga turned 19 yesterday so this doesn't really mean anything

I dont know, if we assume he has a list of all the major plot points and arcs then it could very weel mean that he has tackled 65% of the list, perhaps he had more inspiration from movies and anime and added more plot points since 2012.

I dont know, if we assume he has a list of all the major plot points and arcs then it could very weel mean that he has tackled 65% of the list, perhaps he had more inspiration from movies and anime and added more plot points since 2012.

But every time Oda updates how long he is planning One Piece to be its not true. He's said Skypeia was the halfway point back during that arc, and then Enies Lobby.

When looking at arcs that have yet to happen we have -

Big Mom goes down (this one)
Kaidou, likely on Wano
Blackbeard
I assume Shanks will be taken down by someone else
Final clash at Raftel
Final clash with the World Government and Luffy's Pirate Armada
Epilogue

Each of those arcs could be years long. That's not counting flashbacks we'll be getting about the Void Century and Roger's real journey.

Characters arcs that still have to be resolved -

Luffy becomes Pirate King
Zoro defeats Mihawk
Nami charts the known world
Usopp becomes a great warrior of the sea worthy of Elbaf
Sanji finds All Blue
Chopper creates a cure-all panacea
Robin completes the Rio Poneglyph and discovers the truth behind the Void Century
A ship of Franky's design makes it to Raftel
Brook remeets with Laboon

bigkrev

Nisekoi Spoilers

You know it's over when they are announcing the title and start of the next Romantic Comedy series! Also, a little surprised that the chapter didn't end with Raku's confession, and instead also had Chitoge accept it. Guess Komi wants his 2 week epilogue!
The projected length keeps increasing at a faster pace than the real content coming out

I'm not a math expert but this sort of means that One Piece will keep on going infinitely.

Brandon Sanderson is going to be the guy who finishes Wheel of Time, Game of Thrones, and One Piece. What a career!

Zweizer

Banned
Toumei Ningen no Tsukurikata ch7

All of them are bad at giving up.

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! v3 Extras

Must be quite tough on the nerve to be with her.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One Piece is like Zeno's Paradox applied to manga.

LeleSocho

Banned
2tvTQht.gif
2tvTQht.gif
2tvTQht.gif

Tomo-chan is going to return in two hours and a half --->HERE<---

2tvTQht.gif
2tvTQht.gif
2tvTQht.gif

---------

One Piece will totally end at the very worstest worst at volume 120 you can save this post if you want.

Sahara the Flower Samurai 01

From the former assistant of Oda's One Piece comes this desert series

I adore the art style so far.... hopefully the story turns really interesting too

and I hope as well that they maintain the desert premise since we need more desert based series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom