• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Bungou Stray Dogs 36-44

Man, Atsushi and Kyouka's backstory. BibleThump. Ozaki is so nice to Kyouka, I wish Kyouka would realize that soon.

And Kunikida is a bad ass, hot damn.

The Seven Deadly Sins
Man whoever they get to actually beat Escanor the day it finally happens is going to basically be God, because this chapter just basically had him steamroll a stronger version of Meliodas, that's how few fucks he gives.

Dude is such a boss. Praise the Sun.

Magi
Really happy with the Alibaba confession to Mor. He just walked up to her like an adult and said what he needed to. Between this and Nisekoi I don't know what to think, manga characters being honest with their feelings and telling their love interest specifically without stupid metaphors, or pausing every other word while blushing? Are we in the Twilight Zone?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction ch. 39

Heavy chapter.

Berserk ch. 345

Kinda thought Guts would have opened up to his crew about Griffith at some point off panel, but I guess he's not really the talkative type.

TheFlow

Banned
The Seven Deadly Sins
Man whoever they get to actually beat Escanor the day it finally happens is going to basically be God, because this chapter just basically had him steamroll a stronger version of Meliodas, that's how few fucks he gives.

Dude is such a boss. Praise the Sun.

Magi
Really happy with the Alibaba confession to Mor. He just walked up to her like an adult and said what he needed to. Between this and Nisekoi I don't know what to think, manga characters being honest with their feelings and telling their love interest specifically without stupid metaphors, or pausing every other word while blushing? Are we in the Twilight Zone?

I think they are going to figure out his weakness, and jump his ass. Or the demon king will have to job him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

I like how the culmination of every shonen romance requires someone to say "are you sure you're okay with dating a pile of human refuse?"

World Trigger 151

Ikoma squad is great. And I quite like how they actually are considering Hyuse's very possible betrayal, which was oddly missing in their actual negotiations.

Berserk latest

Does Guts even get fucking mad anymore besides when he uses the McGuffin Armor? Someone convinces him to wait a while when he reaches his goal of HEALING FUCKING CASCA and he can talk about Griffith and his history and ambitions without getting pissed.

GET PISSED. YOU CHILLED OUT TOO HARD.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Berserk latest

Does Guts even get fucking mad anymore besides when he uses the McGuffin Armor? Someone convinces him to wait a while when he reaches his goal of HEALING FUCKING CASCA and he can talk about Griffith and his history and ambitions without getting pissed.

He's been like that for a long time now. Its nothing new.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
And coincidentally when he chilled out and got his JRPG party of friends Berserk stopped being good

Agree to disagree, I think its just as good as ever but the tone of the story has changed. Its no longer about super angry dark Blacks Swordsman era Guts hating everything else and himself.

Wiseblade

Berserk latest

Think about it this way: rather than waste his rage on everything that comes his way, Guts is conserving his anger. Jus wait, Guts will become fury incarnate when he finally comes face to face with THAT BASTARD GRIFFITH DOESN'T DESERVE TO WALK THE EARTH THAT TRAITOR I'LL PAY ALL THE SUFFERING HE PUT THE HAWK THROUGH TENFOLD I DARE THE GODHAND TO STAND IN MY WAY THAT GOES FOR THAT CIRCUS HE CALLS THE HAWK NOW TOO I'LL INTRODUCE THEM TO DRAGONSLAYER REAL SLOW

Numb

Guts.
When are you gonna grow a beard?
That's the easiest way to show your seriousness

That bitch Griffith can't even grow one so you know he'll be extra salty when you split him in half

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Vinland Saga
Interesting. Looks like we won't be able to go back to being traders for a while, and instead will be treated to some battles. I just hope it's a short detour.

Monster Musume 44

Bee girl delivered.

Cutie Honey vs. Devilman Lady 2

LecVQHC.png

Ok, sure

Monster Musume 44
Manga News/Discussion |OT|

The Cerea focus already had this chapter starting out on the wrong hoof, and the irate bee didn't do anything to improve matters. I'll wait until we see more about her circumstances before passing judgment.

Berserk latest

Think about it this way: rather than waste his rage on everything that comes his way, Guts is conserving his anger. Jus wait, Guts will become fury incarnate when he finally comes face to face with THAT BASTARD GRIFFITH DOESN'T DESERVE TO WALK THE EARTH THAT TRAITOR I'LL PAY ALL THE SUFFERING HE PUT THE HAWK THROUGH TENFOLD I DARE THE GODHAND TO STAND IN MY WAY THAT GOES FOR THAT CIRCUS HE CALLS THE HAWK NOW TOO I'LL INTRODUCE THEM TO DRAGONSLAYER REAL SLOW
Yall do recall that skullie flat-out stated that guts would feel less and less of everything as time went on, yes?

Guts.
When are you gonna grow a beard?
That's the easiest way to show your seriousness

That bitch Griffith can't even grow one so you know he'll be extra salty when you split him in half

Look at the detail miura puts in his hair to this very day. Do you want one chapter every five years?

Zweizer

Banned
Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! ch37

Such a mature little sister~

A chapter full of fluffy feelings~

Monster Musume ch44

She's a fierce one alright.

Numb

Yall do recall that skullie flat-out stated that guts would feel less and less of everything as time went on, yes?

Look at the detail miura puts in his hair to this very day. Do you want one chapter every five years?

delay threats no longer work

nope, i like this berserk better than dark souls berserk

How? Everything about Berserk has been downhill since the end of the Conviction Arc. Millennium Falcon Arc had plenty of good moments but by the end it just petered out and the Sea God/Fantasia Arcs are just...not interesting at all and far removed from what was cool about Berserk.

Can I trade the rest of Berserk's life force to give Hunter x Hunter more chapters? That was still good when it stopped again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom