• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Keijo 89

Playing You wa Shock! with your tits on Japanese Drum Master seems like a very unorthodox way to cure your nipples, but that's just me.
Maya's smile moved Nozomi somewhat, Miyata needs to look out before her girl gets snatched away from her.

Black★Rock Shooter - Innocent Soul 1-12 (END) / Black★Rock-chan 1-10 (END) / Black★Rock Shooter THE GAME 1-13 (END)

VXvCI5A.jpg
#deadmaster

After watching and actually enjoying the BRS anime (x2) yesterday, checking out the released manga was the next obvious step. Each of these three short series was, for better or worse, a very different experience:

- Black★Rock-chan was basic 4-komedy fare. It suffered from one of my pet peeves of derivative works, namely that it felt detached from its source to the point of non-recognition outside of the character designs. I suppose it's more forgivable given that BRS material is inherently inconsistent, but still. The humour generally fell flat, but the abundance of Dead Master managed to maintain my interest, as did the art from the former Date A Live manga artist (currently drawing Nina-san no Mahou Seikatsu).

- THE GAME is apparently based on the PSP action RPG, which I haven't played. This was the weakest of the trio, revolving around an uninspired, semi-coherent plot of alien invasions and experimental living weapons. The scattershot cast largely missed the mark, though the occasional hit made the story slightly more palatable to chew through. Also the action focus at least meant that it felt closer to my expectations for a BRS manga. That's about the extent of my positive feelings towards it.

- Innocent Soul was the ★ of the show, in that it had a better realised story, a welcome episodic format showcasing the plights of its troubled souls, and gloriously complementary art from Suzuki Sanami. I can die without regrets now that I've seen Dead Master faux yuri drawn by the Match Girl artist. That said, I somehow came away from this feeling like it was less than the sum of its parts, and I have to admit that it didn't grab me to the extent that the anime did. Possibly because I found the main villain to be underwhelming.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
^
Out of all BRS manga adaptation, i probably like Innocent soul the most thanks to the art and that the story was decent. Though i agree that the main villain was underwhelming. There's not much backstory and the introduction was rushed.

Keijo 89
Taiko no Tatsujin chart for Ai o torimodose/You wa shock for those who want to know how hard her training is.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 3

Huh, this manga also has DQ setting (if you died, you can be revived by a priest).

Monster Musume latest

Getting stung right in the nipple. LMAO

Danshan Joshi 13

This chapter is crazy from start to end. Just give this manga a read if you're into dirty jokes. There's so many good out of context scene.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
The Foolish Angel Dances with Demons 1

that face when you fucked up
Jeez, where did all of these hentai artist come from? Must be the Tosh effect.
Or work is drying up. The more the merrier.
Keijo 89

Playing You wa Shock! with your tits on Japanese Drum Master seems like a very unorthodox way to cure your nipples, but that's just me.
Maya's smile moved Nozomi somewhat, Miyata needs to look out before her girl gets snatched away from her.
I await when someone edits the anime intro to just be uwa shock.

dr labson

Neo Member
Dragons Rioting Volume 1

This is actually a great ecchi/harem manga.
I enjoyed reading this.
The main character not being a bland indecisive guy really helps.

On a side note the main character's serene mind reminds me a lot of Luka's serene mind from Monster Girl Quest.

Cwarrior

World Trigger Chapter 1-21

I don't know much about this manga besides the fact that it's about an alien invasion from another dimension.
I was hoping the plot would be like XCOM.
You know, defending earth from aliens, high casualty rate and reverse engineering alien tech.

This manga is not for me. It's typical shonen stuff.
I don't see much reason to read this.

That sounds like very much like world trigger, the trigger are made from reverse engineerd alien tech which they use to defend there city from, you should read the first arc it's an invasion arc.Exept the aliens come for the human to use them as power source in there battle againts other aliens so killing them would be counter productive.

I would say read it's first arc at least, by chapter 21 still setting things up and you have to hit the real action part of the serise.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Binetsu Kuukan

Fake Incest + Unrequited Yuri + Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Toriko Volume 40:
toriko040-thumb-400x635-3556.jpg

reminds me of Dragonball second to last volume:
1320888.jpg

wow really cool Toriko cover

indeed we are in the end saga of the series

so sad.... but it was still fun even if we skipped 5 areas and tossed away the whole space adventures stuff

Vinland Saga

lol Floki thinks Thorkill will still stay on his side when Thorfinn leads the opposition

foolish man

convo

Koe no Katachi not gonna read it

Now recent events just had to make me remind me of the upcoming adaptation, and even though i haven't read much of it the potential rage build up of even thinking about that stuff makes me restless. I read and heard summaries and i can not contain my contempt for human beings so i need to vent. I hear the main guy tries his hardest to make up for his mistakes but the other characters are another matter. Just believing that they can better themselves is shallow. Go fucking find professional help because you fucks have a deep deep mental problem. So happy go lucky we can better ourselves with time yay, no fuck no, seek help you dumb shits because you are too flawed to get things right yourself. AHHHHHHHH

Ok i'm done for now, i need a work that goes ham on those sorts of pieces of shit.

Ray Down

Banned
Bleach Ending notice
15th anniversary and the legendary super-climax with colour pages

Ending August 7th, so since I believe we get chapters early, next week is the final chapter.

prison school 215 - 222

Things are pretty tense. I feel the end of this battle is near.

Car Graffiti JK 11

This weirdly became about food at the end. Not really sure why.

Danchi Majo 2

Well I wasn't really expecting that ending.

Busaiku

Bleach and Nisekoi are ending, and US Weekly Jump hasn't put up a new series since Black Clover.
There are only gonna be 6 regular series soon...

Wonder if they'll add more monthlies.

Bleach and Nisekoi are ending, and US Weekly Jump hasn't put up a new series since Black Clover.

I could see them just taking on 2 of the three new coming mangas and just adding them into their lineup. (Assuming they are not all To Love-Ru type mangas, since US Jump will never ever ever let them in).

Revo

Yandere Kanojo 152 (end)

Felt like things were winding down fully but didn't think it'd be over next chapter.
Was an alright read.

Yandere Kanojo 152 (End)

Pretty simple ending, but kind of expected since it can't really go anywhere after the family megadrama in the last arc. It was fun while it lasted.

Revo

Tower of God s2ep208

This area could be interesting but I'm just not feeling it. From the get go it was sidequesty in feel.

spiritfox

Yandere Kanojo (End)

Oh wow it ended. It's a series that has been going for so long that I never thought it would end. It was fun. I hope he has something new coming.

Lain

More manga today.

I'm jealous, I'm still waiting on Amazon to send me volume 4 of Shield Hero novels.

Koe no Katachi not gonna read it

Now recent events just had to make me remind me of the upcoming adaptation, and even though i haven't read much of it the potential rage build up of even thinking about that stuff makes me restless. I read and heard summaries and i can not contain my contempt for human beings so i need to vent. I hear the main guy tries his hardest to make up for his mistakes but the other characters are another matter. Just believing that they can better themselves is shallow. Go fucking find professional help because you fucks have a deep deep mental problem. So happy go lucky we can better ourselves with time yay, no fuck no, seek help you dumb shits because you are too flawed to get things right yourself. AHHHHHHHH

Ok i'm done for now, i need a work that goes ham on those sorts of pieces of shit.

I'd suggest reading it instead of letting a nebulous idea about what you think happens in the story make you angry. A Silent Voice is quite good.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
^
Hmm, nisekoi cover looks good
i think the only one lacking is Gintama cover

Yandere Kanojo end
Fun romcom from start to finish. The end was a bit lacking, but i'm glad the author manage to tie up all plot nice and neatly. And friendly reminder that it's not that yandere, but yankee dere-dere.

Grand Blue 2

Holy shit i can't stop laughing when i'm reading this. The mangaka know how to draw exaggerated expression and the author (baka to test author) is good with the comedy. The alcohol jokes was quite funny.

The Foolish Angel Dances with Demons 1

lol, author using his past experience as ero mangaka to draw some good ahegao face. Could be interesting, i think i'll give another chapter a read,

Shuukan Shounen Girl 21
Well, that was an interesting twist. It started out taking tropes from fairy tales like cinderella, but then it got a bit unexpected twist related to Japanese myth.

Her Love is so heavy, it hurts. (oneshot)

A one shot about devout christian teenager who try to hold his lust (proud to announce he never ejaculated for 16 years) even since his father become a priest after his wife cheated on him. All change when he meet his childhood friend who's really into him and want to do the 'act'.

Wiseblade

There's no reason not to add Haikyuu now. The anime has done well on Cruchyroll and largely catches people up and the series is popular enough to fill the appeal gap left by Bleach.
I could see them just taking on 2 of the three new coming mangas and just adding them into their lineup. (Assuming they are not all To Love-Ru type mangas, since US Jump will never ever ever let them in).
Food Smut makes me think they've relaxed on that a tiny bit.

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch152 (End)

About time, considering most plot threads have been nicely wrapped up. It ended on a rather safe but satisfactory enough note.

Still a good example of how a romance series can remain interesting despite the main couple hooking up from the very start.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch366

They should just cancel the match.

I Am a Hero ch237

Things went south fast. Good timing on Korori's part.

Binetsu Kuukan ch8

Yeah, that's not really how brothers and sisters behave together.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
It's Up to Me to Fill My Sister's Stomach 1
It's a cooking manga about two non blood related sibling with the responsible little brother cooking for his wild big sister. Also, it's written and illustrated by hentai artist, and despite it suggestive title, it's not a smut... at least for now!
COCK STEW

There's no reason not to add Haikyuu now. The anime has done well on Cruchyroll and largely catches people up and the series is popular enough to fill the appeal gap left by Bleach.
Food Smut makes me think they've relaxed on that a tiny bit.
I am pretty sure they will add Haikyu once they catched up with their free chapters releases. But what else then Haikyu could they had? None of the jump start stayed :/ even the good one.

Also with that cover I'm not sure that promised neverland will stuck.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's Up to Me to Fill My Sister's Stomach 1
It's a cooking manga about two non blood related sibling with the responsible little brother cooking for his wild big sister. Also, it's written and illustrated by hentai artist, and despite it suggestive title, it's not a smut... at least for now!
COCK STEW

I read this back when it was called Pupa.

Fuuka

It's really time to give it up Koyuki, you tried confessing twice to Yuu and offered to sleep with him, and he still shot you down.

On the flip side, I am surprised that he realized he loves new Fuuka that quickly. Which means almost certainly that she's going to reject him outright, or they'll break up causing super band drama.

Zweizer

Banned
Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch4-5

Nothing like manga to unite people~

Dammit.

Mitsuboshi Colors ch12

They got a bright future ahead.

Shuukan Shounen Girl ch21

Now they're even I guess?

Hajiotsu ch30

Rain always comes at the worst moments.

Tsuiteru Kanojo ch9.5

Such a masochist.

Good cover. Onodera on the front and Chitoge barely visible, like they deserve.

Had to give Kosaki that pity cover since she got gunned down.

Fuuka

Okay I like this about Yuu, he just decides stuff quickly and goes all in unlike a lot of MCs in these types of series. He shot Koyuki down while she was (pathetically) trying to semi-rape him totally naked and on top of him. I honestly didn't expect him to realize that he was in love with new Fuuka so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom