• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach and Nisekoi are ending, and US Weekly Jump hasn't put up a new series since Black Clover.
There are only gonna be 6 regular series soon...

Wonder if they'll add more monthlies.

I think its too early to have this concern since three new series are starting and they are probably bound to take two of them. I could see this concern if after chapter three of all of them, they take no series.

The one coming in mondays issue seems like the safest addition.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

"I had tor reject you before because I was in love with some other girl I just met. Then she died, and I fell in love with some other girl I just met. Sorry." Ice fucking cold, bud.

Given the way Seo's last series turned out, I can only assume Koyuki's "one last selfish request" is going to be that Yuu take her V-card.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the 7 Witches

At this point I almost feel like the lack of any kind of relationship conflict between Yamada and Shiraishi is almost off-putting because it means Shiraishi never does anything despite her being the best character.

Yamada is basically Shiraishi-sexual but every single point of conflict/relationship development between him and Shiraishi in the last 200 chapters has basically been different levels of uncertainty about Yamada's interaction with the rest of his humongous school-wide harem, but Yamada only has eyes for Shiraishi so the answer is always "Yamada did nothing; he was into Shiraishi the whole time."

"Nisekoi" And "Bleach" To Both End In August "Shonen Jump" Double Issue
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...o-both-end-in-august-shonen-jump-double-issue
An early look at next week's issue of Shonen Jump issue 35 (new The Promised Neverland gets the cover, Black Clover and The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. get color pages) has revealed that the following 36-37 double issue will feature the end of both Bleach and Nisekoi. Both get color pages, while Nisekoi runs 25 pages.

Boruto, One Piece and Neverland also get color pages.

Volume 74 finale of 2001's Bleach is scheduled for fall. The next volume of Nisekoi, 24, is out in Japan August 4th.
https://twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/758140275084529665?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Nisekoi: The fake love story reaches the climax! super center color page, 25 pages special!! What will happen to the love born from a fake!
It'll receive a super anniversary special and have color pages!

Well that is that

Fuuka

"I had tor reject you before because I was in love with some other girl I just met. Then she died, and I fell in love with some other girl I just met. Sorry." Ice fucking cold, bud.

Given the way Seo's last series turned out, I can only assume Koyuki's "one last selfish request" is going to be that Yuu take her V-card.

What makes this whole scenario even grander is that Koyuki looks like a goddamn supermodel and just literally begged the man to sleep with her (fully naked) and Yuu be all like:

giphy.gif

Did Jump have two series end in the same issue anytime recently? Popular series at that, maybe I'm crazy but it feels like they've had a change in policy or something

maybe

I have a feeling the next tag team will be Toriko and Gintama together

I have a feeling too that series will be more akin to the 40-50 threshold now then overstaying it's welcome

Arabesque

Did Jump have two series end in the same issue anytime recently? Popular series at that, maybe I'm crazy but it feels like they've had a change in policy or something

Happens every few years, though usually with series no one cares about or very little. I don't take it as a change in policy since they are ending on a double issue.

The crazy thing here is that while Bleach is ending on its anniversary (same issue it started in even), it will be looking mighty awful when you look at how Nisekoi is closing off.

It's like it's bizzaro world, as shit Bleach had been, I wouldn't have thought Nisekoi would be the one of the two to get the better ending.

Guess that just goes to show, Komi is a great mangaka who lucked out of doing a good series, and Kubo is a bad one who lucked into a popular manga.

Oh well. Kubo has no one to blame but himself. Bro had half a decade to close of this arc.

Arabesque

Hunter X Hunter always has a slot reserved, because it's on hiatus and not ended. I think. It's out of the magazine for so long now it's hard to remember.

One of the new manga starting after the break will take their slots. Love Rush for Nisekoi and Red Sprite for Bleach. I don't forsee either lasting long.

Hopefully Hunter x Hunter comes back to take both of their slots.
lol

------
On another note how Bleach basically handled the final arcs was overly messy

I mean so many characters did shit..... GrimJaw there for a little bit

not conclusions for tons of characters... Chad is MIA

Gintama is ending but he has it structured.... Toriko is being rushed to an ending yet it is still enjoyable all be it we know we are missing out on a ton of other stuff that was going to be also enjoyable

but Bleach is literally us looking at Kubo giving no shit

Angry Grimace

What makes this whole scenario even grander is that Koyuki looks like a goddamn supermodel and just literally begged the man to sleep with her (fully naked) and Yuu be all like:

giphy.gif

I mean, its a shonen trope that average looking dudes turn down supermodel women in favor of different supermodel women. Raku in Nisekoi just turned down 5 of them.

I mean, its a shonen trope that average looking dudes turn down supermodel women in favor of different supermodel women. Raku in Nisekoi just turned down 5 of them.

Yeah, true. But to further increase Koyuki's L, those girls are (using the Nisekoi harem as an example) dressed at the time of the shut down. Also, the "average girls" are normally regarded as average by the population at large and not just the hapless MC (even though they aren't). In her case she's an idol that netizens and the average Joe in the Rage Town universe would literally kill to be with, and this dude still told her to get steppin' on two occasions.

Her L is a bit more pronounced, even dumbass could have won anytime Onodera doesn't look as thirsty.

Happens every few years, though usually with series no one cares about or very little. I don't take it as a change in policy since they are ending on a double issue.

The crazy thing here is that while Bleach is ending on its anniversary (same issue it started in even), it will be looking mighty awful when you look at how Nisekoi is closing off.

It's like it's bizzaro world, as shit Bleach had been, I wouldn't have thought Nisekoi would be the one of the two to get the better ending.

Guess that just goes to show, Komi is a great mangaka who lucked out of doing a good series, and Kubo is a bad one who lucked into a popular manga.

Oh well. Kubo has no one to blame but himself. Bro had half a decade to close of this arc.

Stop, nisekoi is a terribly written ending arc that goes against all logic.

That's even worse. So the fight against the big bad Kubo has been building up for two fucking years will end in two chapters, not counting any time spent for the epilogue

This is gonna be some Shaman King level garbage final fight, isn't it.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Spoilers of this week's chapter 684

the villain meets his demise this chapter

phaze

Wait Bleach ends in 2 chapters ?

How ?

This is going to make Naruto's ending look like a masterpiece.

Vagabond 165

It's been a year but I swear, this, out of nowhere backstory for a character who I'm pretty sure didn't even manage to appear in person when the story was still following Musashi, is like 65 chapters long by now.

Arabesque

Stop, nisekoi is a terribly written ending arc that goes against all logic.

Nisekoi ended up the way the story was always shaping up to be, regardless of whether you liked Chitoge or not.

She not my favourite out of the cast, but it does make sense why the story would end up with her and Raku. Komi did set up this final year in particular to make it work, and the second year to lay the groundwork.

That and Onodera is an idiot who wasted 3 years doing nothing in story.

I haven't read Bleach in years..
Who is Ichigo gonna get paired up with in the last chapter tho

Riruka.

The Fullbringers keep on invading the series outta nowhere.

I doubt there is a conclusion for shipping

since

you can't cram everything in a 17 page chapter next week
Yeah, I don't see Kubo actually showing people hooking up but if he does you already have the answer with Renji basically going "this one's mine, that one's yours, we gucci" last chapter.
Nisekoi ended up the way the story was always shaping up to be, regardless of whether you liked Chitogi or not.

She not my favourite out of the cast, but it does make sense why the story would end up with her and Raku. Komi did set up this final year in particular to make it work, and the second year to lay the groundwork.

That and Onodera is an idiot who wasted 3 years doing nothing in story.
The fact that it's ending the way it was always gonna end doesn't mean it's being done properly. Komi forced his way through every meaningful plotline over the past year to make sure the manga ended that way even though it should have never been a harem to begin with, or even then these meaningless "romances" should have been resolved years ago.

Every girl except the main ones had a well written ending while Chitoge and Onodera get this weird-ass shit.

God am I incredibly salty over this ending and I don't even care about Onodera.

Arabesque

Is the fandom going to blow up that badly over shipping

From what I'm seeing, what's left of the Bleach fandom is imploding over the dropped plot lines and rushed conclusion.

Shipping meltdowns might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Wait Bleach ends in 2 chapters ?

How ?

This is going to make Naruto's ending look like a masterpiece.

Naruto at least had just Naruto v Sasuke to end on. There wasn't much when it got to the final 5 chapter mark.

Don't know what Bleach is going to do with half the captains not showing their Bankai, and like 3/4 of the cast is MIA. Or how this reality alternating God is meant to be taken down but whatever.

Bleach can have an extended chapter for the ending like Naruto did

Nah, Naruto ended when it was in its peak. It got a premium treatment no other series got.

Bleach is going out already on its last legs. It's getting a colour page and its out.

LeleSocho

Banned
lol on Bleach ending in 2 chapters... how do you even do a decent ending when you are still at that situation in the final fight? Crazy.

lol on Bleach ending in 2 chapters... how do you even do a decent ending when you are still at that situation in the final fight? Crazy.

Ichigo goes into hollow mode. Then his mask cracks again. To reveal he was Aizen all along. Manga ends with a Takagi-san type troll face towards the reader.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, true. But to further increase Koyuki's L, those girls are (using the Nisekoi harem as an example) dressed at the time of the shut down. Also, the "average girls" are normally regarded as average by the population at large and not just the hapless MC (even though they aren't). In her case she's an idol that netizens and the average Joe in the Rage Town universe would literally kill to be with, and this dude still told her to get steppin' on two occasions.

Her L is a bit more pronounced, even dumbass could have won anytime Onodera doesn't look as thirsty.

They had a chapter in Nisekoi where every dude in the vicinity started slobbering over Raku's harem and a bunch of the random dudes were asking they were part of a modeling shoot.

Arabesque

You don't.

The fact that it's ending the way it was always gonna end doesn't mean it's being done properly. Komi forced his way through every meaningful plotline over the past year to make sure the manga ended that way even though it should have never been a harem to begin with, or even then these meaningless "romances" should have been resolved years ago.

Every girl except the main ones had a well written ending while Chitoge and Onodera get this weird-ass shit.

God am I incredibly salty over this ending and I don't even care about Onodera.

I don't think Nisekoi should have been a harem manga to start with either, mainly because I think it's a waste for Komi to spend his talent and effort on a harem manga, but it is what it is. And given how Komi was taking the story through the 3rd year segment, I actually thought it was an improvement over the fun-but-mostly-fluff 2nd year portion of the manga.

We can spend time talking about how the resolution to the central love triangle was poorly handled even if it was always going to lead to this conclusion. I don't think there is any escaping the fact that Chitoge was going to be the one to end with Raku, given the trajectory of where the final arc ever since Yui's rejection went. I would have preferred it going down a different route, but this is the path Komi wanted to go down, and he committed to it, drawn up a plan, and closed off every other plotline to end his manga on time and on the ending he wanted.

The other girls only needed a few chapters to close off their story, because after stopping chasing after Raku it is a one and done deal, like with Yui, Tsugumi and Haru. Marika is the exception because the story had her always gunning for Raku, and she was popular enough to spend an extended arc on her. The fact that Komi decided to not over complicate his ending with any filler is at least worth some points, even if I thought it should've been resolved ages ago.

Onodeera is crap

that is all there is to it

Except Mama Onodera

And maybe Haru

It's going to be the 14 year equivalent of cancelling a less than a year old series.
I don't think Nisekoi should have been a harem manga to start with either, mainly because I think it's a waste for Komi to spend his talent and effort on a harem manga, but it is what it is. And given how Komi was taking the story through the 3rd year segment, I actually thought it was an improvement over the fun-but-mostly-fluff 2nd year portion of the manga.

We can spend time talking about how the resolution to the central love triangle was poorly handled even if it was always going to lead to this conclusion. I don't think there is any escaping the fact that Chitoge was going to be the one to end with Raku, given the trajectory of where the final arc ever since Yui's rejection went. I would have preferred it going down a different route, but this is the path Komi wanted to go down, and he committed to it, drawn up a plan, and closed off every other plotline to end his manga on time and on the ending he wanted.

The other girls only needed a few chapters to close off their story, because after stopping chasing after Raku it is a one and done deal, like with Yui, Tsugumi and Haru. Marika is the exception because the story had her always gunning for Raku, and she was popular enough to spend an extended arc on her. The fact that Komi decided to not over complicate his ending with any filler is at least worth some points, even if I thought it should've been resolved ages ago.
Honestly, the events leading into this were great and any harem manga that has an actual ending gets some respect for me so I'm probably being overly harsh. I guess the resolution to the whole necklace mystery left a bad taste in my mouth, Raku should have just done some form of "who cares whats in here, I do what I want" instead of this forced flashback bullshit, it would have made the ending much more interesting and believable, but alas we have to deal with the shounen romcom version of Final Fantasy 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom