• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Nah, Naruto ended when it was in its peak. It got a premium treatment no other series got.

Bleach is going out already on its last legs. It's getting a colour page and its out.

Unlike Naruto, Bleach has shitty rating (constantly in bottom 5/10) and sales that steadily declined.
I didn't even know an extended chapter is that big of a deal. Especially for a series that lasted this long, had a period of great popularity and still sells more than Somamost.

Arabesque

Honestly, the events leading into this were great and any harem manga that has an actual ending gets some respect for me so I'm probably being overly harsh. I guess the resolution to the whole necklace mystery left a bad taste in my mouth, Raku should have just done some form of "who cares whats in here, I do what I want" instead of this forced flashback bullshit, it would have made the ending much more interesting and believable, but alas we have to deal with the shounen romcom version of Final Fantasy 8.

Frankly speaking, I always got the impression that the locket mystery was just something Komi had to deal with because it was introduced so early in the story and kept on showing up as the thing to drive the plot whenever needed. You can tell that by the end the locket itself became less and less important the moment Yui got rejected because it wasn't even a factor in Raku's decision, or wasn't mentioned when Marika's arc was playing throughout. Once Chitoge ran away and Raku decided he was in love with her, all it took to unlock it was Yui taking out her key piece.

It was such a throw away thing, that I get the frustration with it being in the plot for as long as it was. But that's what a McGuffin is in the end, something to drive things along when its convenient. I think that Komi didn't fixate on it once Raku got his memory back before openi the locket and just went "oh, so Onodera is my ..." should be the clue that it really was a throwaway plot point that overstayed it welcome. But Komi decided to tackle it head on because he had to, to bring everything to a close properly. I think that final point is what makes me lenient on the whole thing.

I would have much preferred Raku not ending up with any of the key girls, as a sign that he did realise that regardless of whatever promise his 5 year old self made, time changed him into a different person and he just has different interests and feelings, and that he wouldn't be hung up on the past as much as he did.

Though credit is where credit is due, I think that Raku's reaction at the confession and his "no regret" the following chapter did do a good job in showing what was lost (3 years of him and Onodera loving each other, but never confessing, ending up having his feelings change and the both of them never experiencing what their life togther would've been, during that lost time) and also how he was committed to not wallow on the past (because he did change after learning more about Chitoge).

Onodera should have had a more concrete resolution, with her feelings also having changed as well to tie things up, but that's a fault in Komi committing to a pure love triangle and her being the second most bland cast member out of the entire series, after Yui.

Which says a lot given there is a literal Chitoge doppelganger around.

So is Nisekoi actually over now?

2 chapters left like Bleach

pairing wars is over though
Damn I know Bleach isn't the best but pretty wrong to just rush it out like that.WSJ showing no respect to Kubo

Kubo had time to fix it up with this arc but he wasted so many chapters with useless fluff

You can still rush it and be enjoyable

example Toriko is being rushed extremely hard.... more so then Bleach since we skipped 5 arcs and are rushing through two arcs at the same time as a final arc and yet by cutting out (sadly good things since Toriko's balance is well) Mitsutoshi is still able to put detail in important things and cover a ton of stuff all be it he skipped a ton of others

Bleach was on it's final arc for how long now and instead of optimizing it like Gintama we got some stretched nonsense while Naruto ended, etc....

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only bet is whether Chitoge goes to America in the next chapter for no real reason and then comes back in the next chapter. I mean, they did it once, by these shonen series love making it so that the love interest leaves after they've gotten together only to come back again.

CrimsonN0

Golden Boy
This is a bad manga.

I remember watching the anime way back when(VHS?) and sometime later someone translated the first 1.8? volumes of the manga. It started to head into the territory where I thought it was bad, but then translations stopped and I guess I had hope that maybe things would resolve well, but...
I looked it up the past week to see that someone had actually translated the rest of the series and it just worse and worse the longer it goes on. Like I can't even begin to understand what the author was thinking with some of that stuff.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The only bet is whether Chitoge goes to America in the next chapter for no real reason and then comes back in the next chapter. I mean, they did it once, by these shonen series love making it so that the love interest leaves after they've gotten together only to come back again.
This is happening next chapter, lol.

edit: omfg the two-timing strip in the latest Gekkan Shoujo. I'm dying

edit2:
Are you fucking kidding me
Well she doesn't come back at the end of the chapter I don't think, but she'll def be back by the end of the final one lol.

dani_dc

Fuuka

"I had tor reject you before because I was in love with some other girl I just met. Then she died, and I fell in love with some other girl I just met. Sorry." Ice fucking cold, bud.

Given the way Seo's last series turned out, I can only assume Koyuki's "one last selfish request" is going to be that Yuu take her V-card.

I have little doubt that will be what she's going for.

Wonder how that will go, Seo always saves the MC V-card to the main girl, I suppose he likes pure relationships, but I can't see any drama coming out if this situation if that doesn't happen, in fact it makes the last few chapters somewhat needless (he didn't really need Koyuki to get naked on top of him to conclude the liked API).

Jitsu Wa Watashi SHAAAAHHHH 136

This panel is amazing.

img000016.png

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 136

Hilarious chapter as usual. The evil faces from Akane were great, as was Akari in desparate forever alone rampage mode.

Jintor

I'm at the tezuka museum right now and this place is so much more focused and interesting than the Kyoto manga museum i gotta say. I mean, of course it is, but still

Mandelbo

Having issues with my Sweetness and Lightning preorder from Amazon :(

Preordered on the 23rd, buying from them directly. They definitely still had copies at that point, but the book releases today and my order just says "delivery date pending", with no indication when they'll get it back in stock. Wondering whether I should just cancel now and try again later on...

MANUELF

Banned
Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 136
Do we know who was the principal before Akane? It seems she didnt like her so Im intrigued, maybe Akari mom?

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch367

Come to the dark side. You know you want to.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch136

There's nothing wrong with regular sex!

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ch79

It's all about that ribbon.

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan ch34-35

I wonder what Petit thinks of all this.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Bleach is out

Ahahahhhahahhhaaahhhahuahhah

Sometimes things just need to be put out of their misery.

dani_dc

Fuuka 118

Just so infuriating.

This is fucking rage town all over again.

Nothing happened yet.
Unless you mean he rejecting Kyouki, which makes perfect sense considering she hasn't had a relationship with him for the last 10 years and has done nothing but screw his life and act creepy towards him.

kadotsu

Banned
Bleach 684

Probably wouldn't have better than this if he had the time to wrap it up anyway.

Yup, this manga has been going nowhere for at least 200 chapters. Vomiting out new characters, providing no arcs for anyone, long and numerous shitty fights and forgetting about all characters of the last arc once the new one starts. No matter how long this would've gone it would have ended like this.
I don't even know who to blame. My gut says it's all on the author but with the way Jump works I think this manga got fucked by a shit editor.

dani_dc

Bleach 684

Probably wouldn't have better than this if he had the time to wrap it up anyway.

He did had time to wrap it up, this arc has been going on for years, he just decided to try and stretch the manga for as long as he could until his hand was forced.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Bleach 684

But he has been writing this arc for years. He has had plenty of time to actually finish it properly.

He chose to drag it out and milk the property for as long as possible though instead.

Hopefully he gets out of the industry, terrible author.

But he has been writing this arc for years. He has had plenty of time to actually finish it properly.

He chose to drag it out and milk the property for as long as possible though instead.

Nah he just needs to be an ideas guy that someone else takes and does something good with weeding out the terrible ideas and pacing.

dani_dc

Nah he just needs to be an ideas guy that someone else takes and does something good with weeding out the terrible ideas and pacing.

But none of his ideas on Bleach were particularly interesting outside of the very premise and maybe some very occasional situation here and there, but well below the average manga I'd say.

Golden Boy
This is a bad manga.

I remember watching the anime way back when(VHS?) and sometime later someone translated the first 1.8? volumes of the manga. It started to head into the territory where I thought it was bad, but then translations stopped and I guess I had hope that maybe things would resolve well, but...
I looked it up the past week to see that someone had actually translated the rest of the series and it just worse and worse the longer it goes on. Like I can't even begin to understand what the author was thinking with some of that stuff.
It turns into to straight up smut, right? I watched the OVAs and hated it. I should have researched it further, but I was interested after seeing that it was a slice of life show. The only episode I liked was the anime one, but only slightly.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!! 43
Best Shiro. He don't fuck around, and proceed to kill every master to get his wish granted.

Doubt he'll gets out of the industry, but i get a feeling he'll change magazine, maybe to monthly.

Even if the writing is not he best, the first two arcs show Kubo can at least make something somewhat enjoyable with good art.

GulAtiCa

I'll admit that I'll be a little sad once Bleach is finally done, but man. What a mess all this has been. I'm still somewhat enjoying it, but been years....

One Piece 834

He is all angry about the cuffs on his hands but yet he was the one that casually allowed his sister to put it on his wrists

Oda is still trying to tease if Pudding is evil or not... this trap could've all been a failure were Pudding was distracted as Mom's subordinates went to capture Luffy and co

Oh and Capon and Chiffon.... oh dear (but that might come in handy later on for the Straw Hats)

RIP Pekoms (maybe) and Ceaser is schedule for RIP in 2 weeks

Lastly Luffy, those are animals

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nothing happened yet.
Unless you mean he rejecting Kyouki, which makes perfect sense considering she hasn't had a relationship with him for the last 10 years and has done nothing but screw his life and act creepy towards him.

Eh, I think this chapter went SEO as fuck, actually.

Koyuki's behavior was relatively normal up until this chapter; all she really did before was try to get him to go out with her.

In this chapter she got naked and offered to quit her career in order to take up having sex with him on demand regardless of whether he actually likes her or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom