• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Azami must be confused why these people can't just write the letter "F" on a piece of paper. I mean, that's what he gets for basically hiring the Cooking versions of Snidely Whiplash as his lackeys, but still.

Also, the author and illustrator have gone hardcore after the Erina cosplay element.

kewlmyc

The only bet is whether Chitoge goes to America in the next chapter for no real reason and then comes back in the next chapter. I mean, they did it once, by these shonen series love making it so that the love interest leaves after they've gotten together only to come back again.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head with that guess.

Anyway, I've casually looked at the manga for about 3 years now, so might as well see it to the end. At least there was brief Shuu and Ruri interaction in this chapter.

Can't believe Nisekoi is going to have a better paced ending that freaking Bleach.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wow, you hit the hammer on the head with that guess.

Anyway, I've casually looked at the manga for about 3 years now, so might as well see it to the end. At least there was brief Shuu and Ruri interaction in this chapter.

Can't believe Nisekoi is going to have a better paced ending that freaking Bleach.

It's not that bold of a guess, they do it in everything. They do it so they can have some sort of reason to show you an epilogue of what happened to everyone without it being "nothing happened" or fast-forwarding to a wedding.

kewlmyc

It's not that bold of a guess, they do it in everything. They do it so they can have some sort of reason to show you an epilogue of what happened to everyone without it being "nothing happened" or fast-forwarding to a wedding.

True. I can think of at least 3 romantic comedy anime/manga that did the exact same thing off the top of my head. People praise Toradora, but it also did the exact same thing.

mdubs

Banned
Nisekoi 228

Well, that wasn't very surprising. Wordless montage of the rest of the year to graduation. Few year timeskip for the final chapter

Can't say I'm not excited to see what they'll all look like post-timeskip though.

He better be saving that kiss for the final chapter

I'll admit that I'll be a little sad once Bleach is finally done, but man. What a mess all this has been. I'm still somewhat enjoying it, but been years....
I was sad to see it gone when what was meant to be the final arc started.
Now I'm just sad to see it keep going, it's like watching a wounded animal slowly suffer and die, I just want to jam something sharp through its skull to end its pain.

dani_dc

I still say the series will end with Chitoge moving away and making a promise to Raku to get together when they meet again in the future.

Eh, I think this chapter went SEO as fuck, actually.

Koyuki's behavior was relatively normal up until this chapter; all she really did before was try to get him to go out with her.

In this chapter she got naked and offered to quit her career in order to take up having sex with him on demand regardless of whether he actually likes her or not.

Well, there was also the whole "confessing via TV", as well as starting a new band to try and impress him with her music. At this point she really should had gotten the hint.

LeleSocho

Banned
You wouldn't be able to see the ending anyway with your dirty glasses

aAcE3Dq.png

Arabesque

Do we already know what are going to replace Nisekoi and Bleach?

Nisekoi's replacement is Love Rush, a romance manga from the mangaka of E-Robot. Don't know if it's as fanservice filled as E-Robot was, but I don't see it lasting for long.

Bleach's is Red Sprite, from the mangaka of Iron Knight.

Promised Neverland looks to be the only manga from this newcomers patch that's any interesting tbh

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch834

Geez, it's a mess on all fronts. And damn at Capone's family.

Kingdom ch483

Some next-level mind games.

Shokugeki no Soma ch177

All hail potatoes.

convo

Shokugeki no Soma 177

These jabronies would yield if kids from kindergarden kicked them in the shins.
It would make sense if these guys' jobs were just testing if the dish tasted the same as Azamis, it would explain why they have no other quality to speak of.

Hisasi also doing a Shokugeki book for Comiket ,took him long enough to return but that's glorious enough to make up for it.

CrazyDude

Nisekoi's replacement is Love Rush, a romance manga from the mangaka of E-Robot. Don't know if it's as fanservice filled as E-Robot was, but I don't see it lasting for long.

Bleach's is Red Sprite, from the mangaka of Iron Knight.

Promised Neverland looks to be the only manga from this newcomers patch that's any interesting tbh

I'll at least give it to Nisekoi that is was not nearly as fan service filled as other harem manga.

My Hero Academia

Good chapter. It looks like Deku is switching to kicks as his main offense, even though he'll probably still throw some punches as he augmented both his arms and legs with his new costume.

I'll at least give it to Nisekoi that is was not nearly as fan service filled as other harem manga.

This is actually one of the things that made me like Nisekoi. I'm sick to death of fanservice and ecchi in my manga.

Wiseblade

Haikyuu (caught up) this is some significant progress in this training arc. Combined with a rival for the Little Giant title showing up at Kageyama's camp, I guess any chance of the manga continuing after Nationals is gone.

Bleach Penultimate

End so close I can almost taste it

One Piece 834

Capone's baby son is smoking a cigar. That is all.

Soma whatever

This is so dumb. All they have to do is not pass them, and they do. This a real shit corrupt organization right here.

At least Erina is kinda the leader now.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!

Sometimes you just need to read an ecchi manga where the girl is fucking THICK

I recommend Hime no Dameshi if you want more. There's only 1 chapter of it though.

Shokugeki no Soma 177

Maybe next time just fail them for stupid reason instead of taking a roundabout approach.

'Soma, your hair is messy, failed!'
'Nikumi, why you cook in a bikini!? failed!'
'Takumi, too tsundere. Failed!'
'Mimasaka, not sure if you're a highschool kid. Failed!'
'Kurokiba you look like a drug addict. Failed!'

That Erina cosplaying as Joan de arc though. 10/10

Moaradin

These comically evil instructors in Soma are pretty dumb. They go out of their way to cheat and make them fail but the dishes tasting good is too much to handle? Can't they just lie about it tasting good and fail them anyways? You know, like what Erina did in the first chapter.

These comically evil instructors in Soma are pretty dumb. They go out of their way to cheat and make them fail but the dishes tasting good is too much to handle? Can't they just lie about it tasting good and fail them anyways? You know, like what Erina did in the first chapter.

No because then the entire arc would stop. You can tell its well written because the entire thing falls apart if someone does something very easy.

Wiseblade

Shokugeki no Soma

Azami must be confused why these people can't just write the letter "F" on a piece of paper. I mean, that's what he gets for basically hiring the Cooking versions of Snidely Whiplash as his lackeys, but still.

Also, the author and illustrator have gone hardcore after the Erina cosplay element.

All it really needs is a line about how their pride as a chef prevents them from failing good food. Instead you end up with villains that are prepared to do anything to win... except just win.

Why that "Pride of a chef" didn't stop Erina in the beginning will be one of the greatest mysteries of our time.

upandaway

Hero Academia

Didn't really notice before that Deku was better with his legs (I think he used his legs somewhat in the Stain fight), but I'll take that. Hopefully that's not a ticket to just waiting until he destroys his legs too.

BokuHero 101

Uraraka and Deku's reactions to the mechanic girl are so cute omg
It was incredible. Iida too actually, I've been really enjoying having him around lately.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi 228

Well, that wasn't very surprising. Wordless montage of the rest of the year to graduation. Few year timeskip for the final chapter

Can't say I'm not excited to see what they'll all look like post-timeskip though.

He better be saving that kiss for the final chapter

I mean, you can probably assume they get it on at some point in in the interim because I doubt Chitoge's job training involves her literally never seeing her boyfriend as though he lives on Mars or something.

Angry Grimace

All it really needs is a line about how their pride as a chef prevents them from failing good food. Instead you end up with villains that are prepared to do anything to win... except just win.

Why that "Pride of a chef" didn't stop Erina in the beginning will be one of the greatest mysteries of our time.[/spoil er]
Because tsuuuuuuuuuuun

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 7
It's nice to want things. Also Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen is apparently still a cooking manga. Probably for the best that her empire turned to p**p so quickly, since their club budget wouldn't have lasted a week with all those mouths.

Choujin Gakuen

Monthly reminder that Choujin Gakuen is the best manga that none of you are reading.
I'm reading it! It's just in the 83.6% of stuff I read but rarely/never post about. Not because it's bad (it's one of the better ongoing series I'm following), but just because.

phaze

Nisekoi

Wow, Chitoge is almost Taiga levels of trash.

Bleach

I honestly don't understand how he finished him, Bleach is 2deep4me.

bobohoro

Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa 136

Art was on point in this chapter. Way too awesome.

Bleach 684

Just...let it go.

One Piece 834

While I appreciate the many interesting scenes unfolding, I dislike that Luffy is getting stalled...again.
And Caesar is getting some of the most active storyline of a villain ever.

Boku no Hero Academia

Well of course one should use legs, they are 5 times stronger than arms.

Toriko fact

Boku no Hero Academia

So she is basically going to be the Lucios Fox of the group

Nisekoi

Next week: And so Chitoge came back to us

Chitoge "Hey guys.... Hi Raku meet my future husband and lover I met in country X"

but seriously dropping out of Highschool? you only have a few months left

Haikyuu 216
CoeQOvSUAAAHGG6.jpg:small

Goshiki Tsutomu is really awesome this arc with the faces, and also Tsukki actually getting in on the blocking practice without having someone force him too. Im glad he is so open with hinata. Also the panel where Hinata is suggesting why Tsukki did what he did and Tsukki text bubble covers Hinatas face, lol.

Oh nice the iron wall of Datekou and Keiji Futakuchi returns soon. Glad were going to do rematches against other Miyagi teams.

redlemon

Yen Press just a announced they've licensed A kiss and a white lily for her. It's amazing that yuri titles are starting to get licensed on at least a semi-regular basis.

Shokugeki no Soma 177

Yes yes we get it, the examiners are cheaters and the heroes are clever and creative, can we drop the Wile E Coyote shit and just get on with the obvious "something happened to Erina, PANIC" plot you're going with

You know me too well
*French Accent "but of course"
Potatoes noodles were actually my first guess before I found this on wikipedia lol

yup I actually really love potato based stuff but the whole dish was potato lol

Toriko 381

Oh man when Pair did that thing.... thought it was betrayal but instead reassurance? Crazy

Star saying
Midora can basically copy everything
.... too OP

but still............
MIDORA!!!!!!!!!

Angry Grimace

I still say the series will end with Chitoge moving away and making a promise to Raku to get together when they meet again in the future.

Well, there was also the whole "confessing via TV", as well as starting a new band to try and impress him with her music. At this point she really should had gotten the hint.

Let's be fair though: getting naked and offering to fuck him on the spot is a significantly more powerful incentive than she's offered so far.

Revo

Kingdom 483

Kanki just too fearsome.
Good that they still realize how smart he is even if they hate his methods.

G.ZZZ

Toriko

The main char isn't here and the chapter is suddendly good. That speak volume of how the character of Toriko deteriorated thru the manga when he was one of the best in the beginning (my favourite by far being Jirou, then probably Teppei, Toriko, Ichiryuu, then the rest in no particular order).

Toriko

The main char isn't here and the chapter is suddendly good. That speak volume of how the character of Toriko deteriorated thru the manga when he was one of the best in the beginning (my favourite by far being Jirou).

any chapter with
Midora
is 10/10

but alas Toriko's future growth was hindered by rushing

rushing, rushing, rushing... post Gourmet World arc Toriko had multiple arcs and post arcs to evaluate his character and move set

Edit: Now to combine two reasoning

Midora is 10/10

Toriko the series was prime in the Human world arcs

Midora was the main villain then and had his own subordinates that had character

Midora is the reason the series is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom