• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Boku no hero academia 101
Time to put those legs to work!
No seriously, for a smart guy, it took him a while to get to a point where he realize that he should've use his leg more. Yes, i know it's part of his character growth. His fascination with All might cause him to limit his own moveset. I can't wait to see Deku own version of Smash. Maybe he's going to name it after a city from Japan instead of states from USA.

Shonem Jump author comment

JHC! Someone better call a locksmith and help Toriko author. This dude really has a problem with lock. I miss HxH already....

It's all your fault (one-shot)

So there's this young man. He has GF and childhood friend. Said childhood friend manipulate this young man into cheating with her. So what i'm saying is, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR

It's all your fault (one-shot)[/B]
So there's this young man. He has GF and childhood friend. Said childhood friend manipulate this young man into cheating with her. So what i'm saying is, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR, NTR

This sounds like the setup to Nisekoi part 2 :p

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch370

You just can't beat kindness~

Bloom Into You ch14

These two can get along surprisingly well.

A Room For Two ch11

Exams suck.

Red String ch48

He has grown~

Nana to kaoru 1-25
WHEW LADS.
hxdZQ.gif
WHEW.

Zweizer

Banned
Genshiken Nidaime ch125

It's nice to see the old cast hang out together.

Looks like we're not going for the Spotted Flower ending after all?

bobohoro

Read NtK in one sitting?
Gotte be though somehow.

I refuse to continue on until someone tells me the current arc shit has ended and is somehow worth a read.

Tomo-chan 370

The harem grows?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma's problem is that the Evil Authority angle is far less interesting than character drama between the students, and the Evil Authority angle repurposes almost every student vs. student angle as an Evil Authority angle.

It sucks for all of the same reasons it sucked having Stephanie McMahon and Triple H taking a shit on Daniel Bryan every week to put themselves over, completely with moronic, nonsensical speeches about how the Evil Authority always wins and with no explanation for why they're generically evil. I fully expect Azami to be facing off against Hayama, Kurokiba and Soma by the end of this arc, and then Azami tells them there's always a Plan B. Then Hayama hits Kurokiba in the back with a steel chair.

The only good thing that's come of this arc is Erina's face turn into a likable character. But even that had the side effect of pretty much relegating all of the other characters into warm bodies who just stand around gawking at Soma and Erina doing everything important.

Wiseblade

Soma's problem is that the Evil Authority angle is far less interesting than character drama between the students, and the Evil Authority angle repurposes almost every student vs. student angle as an Evil Authority angle.

It sucks for all of the same reasons it sucked having Stephanie McMahon and Triple H taking a shit on Daniel Bryan every week to put themselves over, completely with moronic, nonsensical speeches about how the Evil Authority always wins and with no explanation for why they're generically evil. I fully expect Azami to be facing off against Hayama, Kurokiba and Soma by the end of this arc, and then Azami tells them there's always a Plan B. Then Hayama hits Kurokiba in the back with a steel chair.

The only good thing that's come of this arc is Erina's face turn into a likable character. But even that had the side effect of pretty much relegating all of the other characters into warm bodies who just stand around gawking at Soma and Erina doing everything important.
Yeah, Battle Royale with Food was definitely more entertaining than whatever this is. But there is merit in having the school itself antagonise from time to time.

I'd say the reason we're here is because the author swerved too hard trying to avoid Ambition is Evil whiplash. Look at all the hoops Oda jumps through to make sure Luffy doesn't venture into that territory.

Genshiken Nidaime ch125

Well, after 21 volumes, the best is when the old cast reappears. In a way, it shows a failure in the author, as he hasn't been capable of striking gold twice with the casting of the second part.

Thanks god Madarame 'return to the old roots' was a
fake out, a reject of the reality of his actual problems, and it seems the thing is going to progress now.
Though I don't like other people deciding who he should date with, it seems it has been decided by them that it has to be Susie (I mean, I understand why, but it would be best he says 'I like X so I will date her'=.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, Battle Royale with Food was definitely more entertaining than whatever this is. But there is merit in having the school itself antagonise from time to time.

I'd say the reason we're here is because the author swerved too hard trying to avoid Ambition is Evil whiplash. Look at all the hoops Oda jumps through to make sure Luffy doesn't venture into that territory.

The problem is that Azami's arc isn't in and of itself bad, its that Azami's arc clearly has no obvious endpoint or solution, so we can assume it will just continue on until the manga ends. There isn't any serious opposition to Azami being EVIL MASTERMIND beyond the students managing to just beat the various Snidely Whiplash level cronies. I assume the purpose of the Promotion Exam arc is basically a really long Erina Turns Good arc where the climax is her public-ally rejecting Azami. That's fine and all, but having a 7 stage thing is just overkil and it should realistically be reduced to a training montage until they get to the end.

Amnesia is the worst plot device of ALL TIME

Nope. Deus Ex Machina. You can build up from amnesia and have a decent tale. A DEM will shit on anything that you've built up to that point, making the journey worthless.

We won't be able to shit on Bleach/Nisekoi for much longer.

You said Soma is bad now right?

Soma? More like....so meh.

I DID IT GUYS!

We could keep this thread going pretty much forever by hating on terraformars, shitting on ippo, and complaining that One Piece aint as good as it used to be.

Wiseblade

Nope. Deus Ex Machina. You can build up from amnesia and have a decent tale. A DEM will shit on anything that you've built up to that point, making the journey worthless.

We could keep this thread going pretty much forever by hating on terraformars, shitting on ippo, and complaining that One Piece aint as good as it used to be.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

Wiseblade

Mob Psycho 100 (reread/catchup)

Spurred on by the anime reminding me how good the series is, I decided to jump back in. It had been so long, I decided to jump back in from the beginning rather than try to remember who everyone is and what had been going on.

I have to admit, I wasn't ready for the FEELS. Underneath all the gags and the Dragonball-esque one-sided comba is a lot of character work. Mob, Reigen, Dimple & Ritsu have clear progressions that build and last. When all is said and done, Mob Psycho 100 is a top of the shelf shonen, wether you're looking for gags, action or something in between. To pass based on the artstyle feels like doing a disservice to yourself.

At the very least, watch the anime.

Clegg

The Fishman and Punk Hazard arcs were a weak intro to the New World, but I think Dressrosa is a fabulous story arc. The Zou and Big Mom arcs have been good so far as well. I don't know if we'll ever see a stretch as good as Alabasta/Skypaeia/Water Seven/Enies Lobby, but for the last few years OP has been pretty good.

Clegg

Btw I'm looking for a manga that I started reading a while back, but I've forgotten the name of it. The protagonist is a huge Karen Rider fan and in bad situations he thinks what would would do to resolve it. Anyone know which mange this is?

Mik317

Been reading through Bleach again to catch up on the sure to be train wreck of an ending...and man, this series was really good early on. Likable cast, cool powers and fights and the right mix of humor and cool ass shit. Can't wait to see where all of that died lol.

Wiseblade

Been reading through Bleach again to catch up on the sure to be train wreck of an ending...and man, this series was really good early on. Likable cast, cool powers and fights and the right mix of humor and cool ass shit. Can't wait to see where all of that died lol.
During Soul Society. I decided to watch the anime to refresh my memory and realised that Bleach turned to trash earlier than I remember.

Daingurse

Hey guys are you talking about Toriko by any chance?

:D

No?

Okay, Bye!

Mother Snake next chapter:

3mnlx0h.jpg

It's honestly sad to see some of these Eights Kings get bodied like this. It's easier seeing Heracles and Bambina get destroyed, because we saw good development from them during the Air and Pair arcs. But these other Eight Kings feel like they only really have just been introduced, and they're already going right in the meat-grinder that is NEO.

When I think about all the character development and world building we're missing out on, it really makes me sad. I really wish every one of the Kings got the attention Hercales got. The way they hyped her up was beautiful.

Wiseblade

One Piece has been slipping for going on 5 years now. Fishman Island was trash, everything after that has been getting progressively better.
Fishman Island isn't bad when read in bulk, though even I have to admit it was a nightmare to read week by week. Dressrosa was LONG, but each part was enjoyable if you can look past the Namek fatigue.

phaze

Bleach was never good.

Soul Society is a decent arc with a fun intrigue but power levels were borked there already. Everythin else is varying degrees of bad.

I struggle to see what people see in the early MotW outings. They're generic asf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom