• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

No Guns Life

2.jpg

If this picture didn't convince you, here's how it describes itself:
SF hard-boiled the gun smoke drifts muzzle talks

If this still didn't convince you, well..
It's a Sci-fi/Cyberpunk manga where the main character, Inui Juuzou, has a gun as a head, whose trigger can only be pulled by someone else. He has no memories from before his modification and makes a living as a hard-boiled detective.
It's a good read.

No Guns Life

This manga is so good. I love the main dude's attitude. And the tribulations of having a gun for a head.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To

I laughed way too hard at Fujiwara pulling the Treasurer out from behind the desk in that one panel when you didn't see him before.

Started reading Tokyo Ghoul: RE, but there's something about the art I don't like.
I don't get what's happening on the panels most of the time.

Don't remember Tokyo Ghoul being this messy, but been a while since I read that.

There's a huge disconnect between a lot of people with Re. Myself and many others just could not get into it and got confused by all the characters and didn't care about almost anybody in it. Others adore it and think it's amazing and has some incredible plot and twist stuff.

I'm not saying one is right or the other, I'm just saying it is very divisive. I just could not get into it.

Zweizer

Banned
I Am a Hero ch238

Well, looks like his religion's odds of taking off are about to be shot down.

Hyper Girls Battle Orgia ch4

The art is really pretty. Control over water is always such an overpowered skill.

trash. ch39

So bloody yet again.

Mahou Shoujo Site 38

Holy crap these Magical Girl designs are fucking creeping me the fuck out. Especially the head of the council. It's like Berserk's Behelit without any features fuck.

Wombs 1-5

Wow. This is...a really unique and interesting manga. The basic premise is that a colony ship left Earth a long time ago and settled on this planet and everything was going fine for years. Then a second colony ship arrived much later and decided that they had more right to the planet then the first immigrants and thus start a war with them. So it's the First vs the Second. The thing is the Second seem to have significantly stronger technology so they regularly trounce and shit all over the First. What the First have discovered is that by using a creature native to the planet called the Niebass they are able to give their soldiers translocation abilities, basically teleportation of a sort. There's a catch however; it can only be female soldiers because in order to gain Teleportation powers they need to be implanted with a "transplant organ" (read: alien fetus) into their womb. This follows the story of a batch of new recruits, and one Mana Oga, who leaves her small town and boyfriend to fight for her planet despite his reservations about letting an alien inside her womb.

The art for this manga is very good but very loose and almost...water-colory in shading. It's a style that works though some might not like it due to the linework being so soft that sometimes more detailed images make it hard to discern things. I think it works very well, personally.

You will not find doe-eyed tsunderes or dense MCs or any tropes or archetypes really (well, so far and also not normal manga ones. This is a military manga so there's the hard-ass sergeant who actually cares and yada yada). The characters haven't fully fleshed out in 5 chapters but they seem to have the start of personalities and such.

It's basically a space military manga about bad-ass pregnant lady soldiers who can teleport. Worth a read.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 238

So we're in for a wait now that vol. 21 isn't out yet still, right? Unfortunate, want to see what happens with Not Asano next.

Golden Kamuy ch. 59

That mother was terrible. Well, they're all kind of terrible, I guess aside from the son. Amusing shift at the end of the chapter.

Rowena

Neo Member
Sorry if it's been asked or talked about but can't find a definite answer online but is Nesekoi officially over at chapter 228? Or are there more on the way? It's not a Manga I've read before but am very interested and would like to start buying the manga.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sorry if it's been asked or talked about but can't find a definite answer online but is Nesekoi officially over at chapter 228? Or are there more on the way? It's not a Manga I've read before but am very interested and would like to start buying the manga.
It ends next week.

phaze

Started reading Tokyo Ghoul: RE, but there's something about the art I don't like.
I don't get what's happening on the panels most of the time.

Don't remember Tokyo Ghoul being this messy, but been a while since I read that.

A lot depends on where or which version you're reading. TG: re is this weird series where like no other series I've seen, the art got and gets regularly butchered by upping the contrast and whatever else the scanlation groups were doing to it. It might account for a part of it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
http://imgur.com/QXoVOGU (NSFW)

Fuuka's getting an anime. Anime is getting a Fuuka.

Fuuka is a lot better than either Suzuka or Rage Town because Fuuka doesn't feature a completely hateable cast you're supposed to like for some reason. I mean, the protag is kind of a doofus who is too stupid to notice his harem of sexy pop stars, but at the least you can hand wave that pointing that the protag, is, in fact, an actual rock star.

Quasar

Fuuka is a lot better than either Suzuka or Rage Town because Fuuka doesn't feature a completely hateable cast you're supposed to like for some reason. I mean, the protag is kind of a doofus who is too stupid to notice his harem of sexy pop stars, but at the least you can hand wave that pointing that the protag, is, in fact, an actual rock star.

I liked both of them, hell...Suzuka is the reason why I tried reading manga for the first time. Curious to know how the anime is approached. With Suzuka we got the first half animated, with A Town I guess you'd call it an entertaining chunk starting in media res.

I guess the former makes more sense with Fuuka.

Hyper Girls Battle Orgia 4
That's pretty hot. And by hot, I mean icy cold. Unjustified leniency/restraint in deathmatches often annoys me, so I'd rather this dilemma be settled violently than by other means. Also I like the "somewhat" qualifier when she refers to her as "pretty". It's shorthand for 'not as attractive as my waifu'.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch369

Just let Tomo be~

Their Story ch104-106

Sun Jing always finds opportunities to flirt~

Happy Sugar Life ch8

Happy days are back.

Let's see how long they last.

Revo

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 136

Deep inside akane there is a seed of kindness, but it's surrounded to the ends of the world with sadism.

Revo

Gepetto s2ch56

Love that who/whatever is controlling them is giving all sides a chance to prove they're correct.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bleach, the stuff you want to drink after you read it. Especially after the finale which can only suck thanks to its rushed nature.

You know you fucked up when the five year old Romcom is getting a better send-off.

Revo

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains 28

That poor field of flowers.
Ishigami knows whats up.

Lain

Wombs 1-5

Wow. This is...a really unique and interesting manga. The basic premise is that a colony ship left Earth a long time ago and settled on this planet and everything was going fine for years. Then a second colony ship arrived much later and decided that they had more right to the planet then the first immigrants and thus start a war with them. So it's the First vs the Second. The thing is the Second seem to have significantly stronger technology so they regularly trounce and shit all over the First. What the First have discovered is that by using a creature native to the planet called the Niebass they are able to give their soldiers translocation abilities, basically teleportation of a sort. There's a catch however; it can only be female soldiers because in order to gain Teleportation powers they need to be implanted with a "transplant organ" (read: alien fetus) into their womb. This follows the story of a batch of new recruits, and one Mana Oga, who leaves her small town and boyfriend to fight for her planet despite his reservations about letting an alien inside her womb.

The art for this manga is very good but very loose and almost...water-colory in shading. It's a style that works though some might not like it due to the linework being so soft that sometimes more detailed images make it hard to discern things. I think it works very well, personally.

You will not find doe-eyed tsunderes or dense MCs or any tropes or archetypes really (well, so far and also not normal manga ones. This is a military manga so there's the hard-ass sergeant who actually cares and yada yada). The characters haven't fully fleshed out in 5 chapters but they seem to have the start of personalities and such.

It's basically a space military manga about bad-ass pregnant lady soldiers who can teleport. Worth a read.

Warms my heart to see posts about Wombs. I guess it started getting translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom