• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki no Soma

Azami must be confused why these people can't just write the letter "F" on a piece of paper. I mean, that's what he gets for basically hiring the Cooking versions of Snidely Whiplash as his lackeys, but still.

While just failing them would certainly be the most realistic thing to do, it would probably make for a boring manga I guess. I think this would be much better if the instructors weren't so comically evil. Like if they were like "Well, you just have to succeed with what you get delt" instead of "Har, har, my rebels, I've got you now!"

I mean, does the school even need a solid reason to expel a student? Couldn't Azami kick just kick them out without having to go through the whole cooking tests? I'm sure he has the power to just say their cooking is bad and kick them out.

I mean, the way I see it simply expelling them without making them fail is basically admitting the Central teachings can't handle that shit and would make their student drones question the methods.

Basically the same exact thing Matsui did with Assassination Classroom but with none of the finesse.

Daingurse

Toriko 381

Man, the 8 Kings are dropping like flies, NEO is too much. I can't see Earth's most powerful creatures putting a single dent on NEO at this point.

Really hope Heracles is alive as well. Not like she can do much at this point lol, but the Herac's regeneration should be able to come back from this.

Wiseblade

Kingdom (caught up)
Basically read the Kokuyou arc in full. Kanki is a scheming monster. The fact he gets results only makes it worse.

Wiseblade

While just failing them would certainly be the most realistic thing to do, it would probably make for a boring manga I guess. I think this would be much better if the instructors weren't so comically evil. Like if they were like "Well, you just have to succeed with what you get delt" instead of "Har, har, my rebels, I've got you now!"

I mean, does the school even need a solid reason to expel a student? Couldn't Azami kick just kick them out without having to go through the whole cooking tests? I'm sure he has the power to just say their cooking is bad and kick them out.
Shinomiya expelled someone for wearing strong perfume and was looking to expel another for disagreeing with him. If anything, the Azami administration is really bad at getting stuff done.

I mean, the way I see it simply expelling them without making them fail is basically admitting the Central teachings can't handle that shit and would make their student drones question the methods.

Basically the same exact thing Matsui did with Assassination Classroom but with none of the finesse.
There still needs to be a line from SOMEBODY to justify this.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 228

This outcome was obvious.
Also wasn't the point of the story that promises from long ago are meaningless compared to current relationships?

Unless Chitoge returns to find Raku and Onodera dating, this goes against the entire set up and resolution that we had just last chapter.

Let's be fair though: getting naked and offering to fuck him on the spot is a significantly more powerful incentive than she's offered so far.
Well yes, but You was never portrayed as a character desperate for sex, he's oblivious to it at best, uninterested at worst.

Also getting naked to try and convince someone that you know is not interested in you by attempting sex is somewhere between creepy and rape-y behaviour, the only reason the scene is taken in a benign way is that Kyouki is an attractive famous female.

Shinomiya expelled someone for wearing strong perfume and was looking to expel another for disagreeing with him. If anything, the Azami administration is really bad at getting stuff done.

Yeah, thought of that as well. I mean, Shinomiya isn't even a teacher at the school, and he could just tell people to gtfo.

That said, except for the evil instructors, I do like this Hokkaido arc better than the last one about the school clubs or whatever. I like to see them cook up dishes using what they can. And this is moving at a good pace and isn't being dragged out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The arc seems like a really blown out reason to make fans like Erina but I'm guessing Tsukuda overestimated how much he had sold Erina as a villain and underestimated how willing his audience is to ignore bad traits of waifu characters.

Moaradin

This Hokkaido arc is a little better than the last one so far but I still hate what Central and Azami did to the series. They probably felt like the series needed some sort of central villain and higher stakes, but none of it is working so far. I really enjoyed it when it was just a bunch of quirky characters having dumb cooking battles.

The arc seems like a really blown out reason to make fans like Erina but I'm guessing Tsukuda overestimated how much he had sold Erina as a villain and underestimated how willing his audience is to ignore bad traits of waifu characters.

I know I hated her. To be honest she's still kind of a tool.

Arabesque

Erina sucks but it doesn't matter since she was pre-ordanined to win just like Chitoge, not even worth getting mad about.

I don't think it's a problem with the shipping when it comes to how poorly Erina's character had been handled. She and Soma can end up togther and that all fine and dandy, the relationship could have always worked with Erina being a chief antagonist, but fact of the matter is that the path Tsukuda decided to take to get here is bonkers.

Rather than Erina admitting that Soma wasn't a pleb who needed to be kicked out of the school for pity reasons, she is this cold and illogically vindictive because her dad used to take her to a dark room and abuse her into doing what he wanted. And because her grandfather is a moron, he never did anything but waited to see if some random kid would come along and heal the psychological damage her father left on her.

I don't think, for the problems Nisekoi had, that Komi ever threw Chitoge's character under the bus like that. Erina went for a string of chapters being a scared little girl afraid of what her dad might do to her.

Then again, she has her fans still. And at least she's not gloomy any more, because she realised Freedom for Chefs is important and she has lots of friends now. I don't think this was the way to go about it to make her like that, but that's me. Maybe Erina fans have their reasonings for liking how this arc handled this change.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Hero Academia ch. 101

I think I was a little indifferent to Mei before, though now I don't know why. She is hilarious. Also someone earlier mentioned that they really liked having Iida around lately and yeah, I do too. He's slowly become one of my favorites. Fun chapter.

In honor (?) of Bleach ending, I have compiled together a list of the best chapter names - because in these times, it would be good for us to remember that Kubo was always crazy you wouldn't be remiss for thinking he was making Dance Dance Revolution songs instead of manga chapters. I'm not even gonna front, half of these would make excellent band names. I claim Tug Your God Out.

Amazing. Thank you for this.

I don't think it's a problem with the shipping when it comes to how poorly Erina's character had been handled. She and Soma can end up togther and that all fine and dandy, the relationship could have always worked with Erina being a chief antagonist, but fact of the matter is that the path Tsukuda decided to take to get here is bonkers.

Rather than Erina admitting that Soma wasn't a pleb who needed to be kicked out of the school for pity reasons, she is this cold and illogically vindictive because her dad used to take her to a dark room and abuse her into doing what he wanted. And because her grandfather is a moron, he never did anything but waited to see if some random kid would come along and heal the psychological damage her father left on her.

I don't think, for the problems Nisekoi had, that Komi ever threw Chitoge's character under the bus like that. Erina went for a string of chapters being a scared little girl afraid of what her dad might do to her.

Then again, she has her fans still. And at least she's not gloomy any more, because she realised Freedom for Chefs is important and she has lots of friends now. I don't think this was the way to go about it to make her like that, but that's me. Maybe Erina fans have their reasonings for liking how this arc handled this change.

I dunno at least he tried doing something different with Erina as opposed to making her just generic tsundere girl 101 ala Chitoge.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Seeing nisekoi and bleach discussion almost makes me regret dropping both of them. Or maybe i'm lucky enough to bail out.

In honor (?) of Bleach ending, I have compiled together a list of the best chapter names - because in these times, it would be good for us to remember that Kubo was always crazy you wouldn't be remiss for thinking he was making Dance Dance Revolution songs instead of manga chapters. I'm not even gonna front, half of these would make excellent band names. I claim Tug Your God Out.
So beautiful
Lol, the edge. Remind me of that punisher page.

http://imgur.com/QXoVOGU (NSFW)

Fuuka's getting an anime. Anime is getting a Fuuka.
OH MY GOOOD

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch368

Hang in there, sensei~

Custom Maid! ch10

She could've just invited her classmates to share a bath at her big home.

Iris zero 34
qiAVQ.gif
I need a recap lol.

Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume o Minai 1
Oh my, those hips.
It's a ln adaptation, which means it's setting up things that are only going to make sense in future chapter.
On the other hand, it's drawn by h artist. I ain't even mad.

kadotsu

Banned
My Hero Academia

I still feel Horikoshi rushed to get to the end of All Might but the last few chapters have had a way better pacing.

bobohoro

Hayate No Gotoku 538

I didn't remember Maria.
I thought you were already way past your thirties.

Tomo-chan 368

Carol stays winning, regardless who her opponent is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom