• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

pretty much Also the great Midora next chapter

Neo isn't even in it's final form... two more forms left

And Brunch is right there with the Full Course. Hoping to see Midora really push NEO. I want to see someone hurt him at this point. He's been on a rampage for a minute now. But man, I can't comprehended how powerful NEO will become once it's fully revived. Only Toriko's Third Demon stands a chance against that entity. The feats displayed will most likely be mind shattering.

And Brunch is right there with the Full Course. Hoping to see Midora really push NEO. I want to see someone hurt him at this point. He's been on a rampage for a minute now. But man, I can't comprehended how powerful NEO will become once it's fully revived. Only Toriko's Third Demon stands a chance against that entity. The feats displayed will most likely be mind shattering.

I wanted Neo to escape to space in order to search Beyond like what they were always hinting

and maybe have cool space adventure stuff again with cool/funny food interactions

even have Midora go off somewhere being OP and leaving his trace here and there but that won't happen due to WSJ

still I wonder now how they'll make the White Demon fully emerge

Toriko doesn't even have the full power of red (80%) let alone Blue but seeing as this is the finally we can't go off and search for this things

Daingurse

I wanted Neo to escape to space in order to search Beyond like what they were always hinting

and maybe have cool space adventure with again cool food interactions

even have Midora go off somewhere being OP and leaving his trace here and there but that won't happen due to WSJ

still I wonder now how they'll make the White Demon fully emerge

Toriko doesn't even have the full power of red (80%) let alone Blue but seeing as this is the finally we can't go off and search for this things

Yeah it definitely sucks, the space stuff has been foreshadowed for a long time. But this definitely feels like the end game. Misustoshi has to wrap it up.

I assume once Toirko finally get's God, his body will be able to somewhat handle the White Demon. But he probably needs Center as well to really cut lose to any extent. White honestly would have needed his own Full Course to reach his full potential, same with Blue. This shit could have run for a lot longer. Really thought we were gonna get a straight up space adventure, but things are definitely becoming compressed as we accelerate towards the climax.

Yeah it definitely sucks, the space stuff has been foreshadowed for a long time. But this definitely feels like the end game. Misustoshi has to wrap it up.

I assume once Toirko finally get's God, his body will be able to somewhat handle the White Demon. But he probably needs Center as well to really cut lose to any extent. White honestly would have needed his own Full Course to reach his full potential, same with Blue. This shit could have run for a lot longer. Really thought we were gonna get a straight up space adventure, but things are definitely becoming compressed as we accelerate towards the climax.

Which likely means White's and Blue's true power is going to be scaled down seeing as if we went on some space stuff we would've had some galactic battles and such

I also wonder if Toriko will grow wings or something when he uses white or are they just going to save time and effort by having it be just the white demon coming out of Toriko's body with Toriko's scars disappearing

which leads me to some question as to how Neo and Acacia are connected since I don't see that scar Acacia has anywhere on Neo

Zweizer

Banned
Minamoto-kun Monogatari ch193

He's handling it as well as I expected him to.

Comic Girls vol2 ch2

Gotta be tough teaching to this bunch.

The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami 05

OH SNAP! Stuff is getting serious

but in all honesty how the heck did they manage to stay up for 4 consecutive days

Zerk v11 Dark Horse Translation

...huh.

Wyald's dialogue is WAY different from when i was first introduced to him. Hrm. A much more interesting character. Now i can see why people so often remark that they'd wish to see him animated.

cntr

Banned
The saddest part of Toriko's ending is that unlike Kubo or Kishimoto, Mitsutoshi is still good at writing, he's just being forced to end.

The J-Drama of this series was really cute.

watched 2 episodes on it but wanted to just experience the manga instead

especially since the manga is/and will likely branch off to do things who can't budget in a J-Drama

that and even then there will still be cases which are from the Drama and I want to be surprised
The saddest part of Toriko's ending is that unlike Kubo or Kishimoto, Mitsutoshi is still good at writing, he's just being forced to end.

yeah but unfortunately Jump has a new way in doing things ( I assume that likely all series now will most likely not pass the 40 vol mark unless it is big as OP)

Toriko's sales weren't gang busters too

if the series came out in the 90s - mid90s and early 2000s though then maybe

Wiseblade

I tried to give Toriko a chance. I started reading the manga, I tried to watch the anime, I even watched those One Piece/Dragonball crossover specials.

I can't remember the last time I bounced off something so hard.

Kongou Banchou 1-114/END
A slightly earlier work from the Mangka of Nanatsu no Taizai, which really shines through both in the art at times and the overall style of the fights. It's a dumb over the type action manga that never takes itself too serious, and ends at just the right time without dragging things on.

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku 2
qlFRt.jpg
>Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku is a cooking manga

Write Sisters 1-2

5m6DP9l.jpg

New series from the WataMote author, starring two NEET sisters, the older of whom wants to shape the younger into a writer. These opening chapters are a little too light for me to form a firm opinion on it, but it has the author's trademark deprecating humour and social awkwardness, so I'll follow it for now to see how it develops.

I tried to give Toriko a chance. I started reading the manga, I tried to watch the anime, I even watched those One Piece/Dragonball crossover specials.

I can't remember the last time I bounced off something so hard.

You have to commit pretty far into Toriko before it really clicks but taking nearly 100 chapters to click isn't what I'd call easy to recommend.

LeleSocho

Banned
As much as people would have liked it i don't think that space adventures are fit for something like Toriko... or at least it would have needed much more time to be introduced fully because the Gourmet World has been hardly explored always for the same reasons we talked over and over again.
I myself am getting tired to say what Toriko could have been if only it was given more time... ah all the missed opportunities :(

Kongou Banchou 1-114/END
A slightly earlier work from the Mangka of Nanatsu no Taizai, which really shines through both in the art at times and the overall style of the fights. It's a dumb over the type action manga that never takes itself too serious, and ends at just the right time without dragging things on.

I loved this manga. Pacing, chara-design, fights, the dumb story, humor, all fantastic.

Numb

Kongou Banchou 1-114/END
8631579.jpg

Y'alll respect oldman helicopter

This-is-How.gif

cntr

Banned
I liked Toriko almost from the start, because of the amazing food-monster setting and Toriko himself. Great protag.

Revo

Hayate no Gotoku! 535-538

Yay maria chapters. Would have been salty as fuck if he actually tried to break her heart though.
Glad maria as a character is progressing as well.

Frau Faust 1-2

2MKhKiX.png

The Mahoutsukai no Yome author reinterprets the German legend of Faust. It's serialised in a josei magazine, meaning the traditional Faust has been replaced with a capable FeMC namesake, on a mission to reassemble the scattered pieces of her demon. Unsurprisingly given the artistic mind behind it, the initial chapters already suggest that it'll have a commendably colourful cast and creative setting, and combined with the strong female lead and art it's a no-brainer to keep an eye on. Backlogged pending further releases (as is typical for me).

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Musuko ga Kawaikute Shikataganai Mazoku no Hahaoya 1-3
A cute story about monster girl and her son. Now this is what i call diabetes inducing manga

Tomodachi o Tsukurou 1-39

Absurd random comedy about JK who meet a strange highshcool boy. You will like it if you like Nichijou or tic-neesan

The Sister of the Woods With a Thousand Young 5

Ear fuck with a tentacle. Yeah, that was awkward, but damn....

Write Sisters 1-2

A NEET try to debut with the help (read:forced) by her sister. It's Tanigawa Nico manga alright. And damn, i think the author just asking a fight with a lot of LN writer.

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku/ It's Up to Me to Fill My Sister's Stomach 2

Huh, talk about old school wrestling trivia.
The thing about cooking manga that also function as a recipe book is that you sometime found the character narrating about alternative ingredient or a different way to do a recipe. Also, this time it's the sister who cooked for her brother.

VRMN

Frau Faust 1-2The Mahoutsukai no Yome author reinterprets the German legend of Faust. It's serialised in a josei magazine, meaning the traditional Faust has been replaced with a capable FeMC namesake, on a mission to reassemble the scattered pieces of her demon. Unsurprisingly given the artistic mind behind it, the initial chapters already suggest that it'll have a commendably colourful cast and creative setting, and combined with the strong female lead and art it's a no-brainer to keep an eye on. Backlogged pending further releases (as is typical for me).
It doesn't appear to be a reinterpretation so much as a sequel, but I'm only passingly familiar with the legend. It just appears to take place after Faust's supposed death. And the cost included in actuality Faust being transformed into a woman or something. It's unclear by design, but flashbacks have shown a male Faust with the same basic design.

Either way, very interesting start and I will be following it as well.

Arabesque

Looks like ESJ will be previewing all new manga this time round

Kind of crazy that Viz is taking another chance with Yamamoto given how his previous outing was so badly received, but I guess they need to replace Nisekoi with *something*

Promised Neverland 1
CoyPL4UWgAAhewz.jpg:small

Ray is hot but otherwise, I dont know if I like it. I want something more grounded and real, a human farm to feed kids to the rich is just not a good concept. Also what happens once they escape? Sure Owari no Serafu had the kids being used to feed the vampires, but at least there was an army and such outside, this seems like it may not have it.

Promised Neverland 1
CoyPL4UWgAAhewz.jpg:small

Ray is hot but otherwise, I dont know if I like it. I want something more grounded and real, a human farm to feed kids to the rich is just not a good concept. Also what happens once they escape? Sure Owari no Serafu had the kids being used to feed the vampires, but at least there was an army and such outside, this seems like it may not have it.

10 bucks on ray being evil.
not that I have the money to bet

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Promised Neverland

ef02b4af17582f7a6170122891c468b7be9ea23b0285b06fb6db56ed06b08fe3.jpg

I see Jump is trying for another horror series. Hopefully this one lasts.

Arabesque

Promised Neverland

I knew a twist had to be coming, but um

yeah

This is a promising (ha!) start for sure. I hope it manages to keep on being good and not devolve as previous horror manga in Jump did.

World Trigger

So was Chika not on the building one of the teams noticed? And I will laugh if Mikumo is taken out again right after leveling up.

BLack Clover

Good color page and good hi ougi.

Food Wars

Taku finishing Soma's lines now even, can they be any closer? And then even.
CoyW-N1XEAEUOT3.jpg

I dont mind these low ranking baddies if we keep getting scenes like these.

Kieli

Promised Neverland:
A little bit predictable, but gnarly nonetheless. Color me interested as to where this will go in the next few chapters.

Shokugeki:
Another boring filler chapter. We get that these chefs can't be outdone by scrub judges, so why did we need to dedicate two test phases to that?

Neo:
I feel like this would have done really well if it had started running back in the late 1990s or early 2000s.

Kyuur

Promised Neverland

Does Shonen Jump really need another manga about food?

Pretty good start. Designs of the demons were pretty great, wasn't really expecting them either. Doesn't really strike me as 'horror' like some others are saying. There's no way these kids won't develop or come across a way to fight back if these demons are widespread outside.

Promised Neverland 1

Solid set up, could be a fun series. Not really sure how the story builds into the kind of long running jump series without turning into generic shonen action schlock. I like the lead Emma but Norman and Ray don't do much for me at this point. Maybe its just me but I felt the first chapter was really short.

I guess the obvious questions are why all the test to groom smart kids if they're all just food? I get feeding the dumb kids to monsters but what value is there in Emma, Ray, and Norman unless the intelligence of the kids makes the meat taste better? Guess these are things we'll figure out if the series survives.

World Trigger

So was Chika not on the building one of the teams noticed? And I will laugh if Mikumo is taken out again right after leveling up.

I can honestly see Osamu getting taken out, just for the sake of establishing how Hyuse is necessary for them. Although I would prefer he at least gets a few more moments to shine, especially his being targeted first has evolved from "because it's an easy point" to "he'd be annoying/dangerous in the long run".

bobohoro

Tomo-chan 371

So it's okay to hurt the male students? Except for Jun, I'd guess Tomo would obliterate them as well.

Fairy Tail 496

I mean, stuff is happening and all, but everything is such a rehash, without consequences and reason, that it just feels...empty?

The Promised Neverland 1

I give this 20 chapters before it turns into a battle shounen. And I think that's probably generous.

Bad Boys 1-3

VVuJjSW.png

Yes I picked this up because it was called Bad Boys.

I like the art. Typical delinquent stuff. MC has a very hyperactive boner and its weird.

Fbh

Gold Member
Fairy Tail 496

Fairy Tail being Fairy Tail, Power of friendship and stuff. Now that bleach is going to end this will soon be my only weekly "why am I still reading this" manga.
Has hoping for Gildarts to do a bit more to be honest, after his big reveal last week he was just kind of ...there this week. After so many years of hyping up his strenght I was sort of expecting him to come out and show he is on the same tier as August or something. Would have made more sense than August eventually being defeated by the power of love

The Primised neverland 1

There being a dark twist was obvious, and the whole thing seemed like a Shonen Jump take on that movie The Island. But what can I say, I'm a sucker for these type of settings so I'm interested to see where this is going. Though to be honest, I expect this to end fairly early or turn into a generic action shonen sooner or later

Zweizer

Banned
Somali to Mori no Kami-sama ch6

They're a more human-looking bunch. Too bad for the book.

The New Kurosawa ch53

Oh Kurosawa. Always a knack for getting yourself involved in crazy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom