• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

I'll admit that I've only read bits and pieces of Nisekoi, but isn't it possible that Onodera simply moves on and stays friends with them, given they've all been a big group of friends for the entire series essentially?
It's a shonen romance manga, she'll be holding that candle for the rest of her life. Nobody ever moves on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, was there any doubt that Raku would end up with that one girl?

No, but there were people in denial.

There was at least the possibility that Onodera would be let off the hook more than 3 chapters from the end so she wouldn't just get NTR'd and that's it.

He loved Onodera and she loved him, he was very strong in his conviction. There is no logical way for it to be a non Onodera ending. Even the key the premise of the whole manga was Onoderas.

DTL

think of all the arcs Raku had with each character

all major plot progressing, character defining arcs Raku had with each and every person.... EVEN SHUU

but Onodeera? nope not even one

People didn't believe me when I said Komi doing Nisekoi was his hate-fuck to the industry and it's fans for axing and disliking all his previous series but time has proven me right.

So he got his revenge on the industry by... doing the cliche rom-com thing and having first girl win while childhood friend loses? Doesn't seem like a particularly great revenge to me.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nisekoi stuff:
Not only glad Chitoge won but Onodera got destroyed on a level like no other girl in the history of the medium has been destroyed before. The last month of Nisekoi made up for all the lowpoints of the series.

A fucking cake.

I was honestly expecting a wishy washy type of ending when it got to this point but I've never seen a more emphatic ending.

So he got his revenge on the industry by... doing the cliche rom-com thing and having first girl win while childhood friend loses? Doesn't seem like a particularly great revenge to me.

I see you are not familiar with my Komi theories.

His revenge was to make the most generic and awful rom-com he possibly could. And then when it got super popular he extended it and did everything he could to make it either more generic or never satisfy anybody that read it. And then when it got nuclear popular he ended it in a span of weeks in the way in he did which resulted in the tirade of hate and hilarity that you see before you.

After creative series that he put all his energy and love into he hate-fucked the industry by giving them the most generic harem comedy he possibly could, got super popular and made a bunch of money off of it proving that unique or interesting ideas do not sell or get popular and if you dial it up to 11 with the cliches and lack of progression that plague the industry today all you do is beat out the other romcom harems by being even more cliche then they are, then takes a dump all over his characters in the end and sends the fans into frothing tumults of rage and mind loss, ending the series in an explosion.

It was the perfect plan that I made up in my head just now

Soma

one thing i'll never understand among communities: a character "winning" in a romance series by getting with a reprehensible main character. not necessarily a knock at nisekoi in light of recent events but at most harem series in general.

kinda why i stopped participating in waifu wars discussions since they hardly ever amount to much in the first place and it's all just... noise.

one thing i'll never understand among communities: a character "winning" in a romance series by getting with a reprehensible main character. not necessarily a knock at nisekoi in light of recent events but at most harem series in general.

kinda why i stopped participating in waifu wars discussions since they hardly ever amount to much in the first place and it's all just... noise.

indeed Raku is crap

Jump Rankings Issue 36/37
WSJ Cast (Cover)
One Piece (Lead CP)
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi (CP, END)
Black Clover
Gintama
The Promised Neverland (CP)
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Hinomaru Zumou
Boruto (CP)
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Bleach (CP)
Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma
World Trigger
Kochikame
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary
Toriko
Chronicle of Isobe -Life is Hard-

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
WSJ Cast (Cover)
One Piece (Lead CP)
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi (CP, END)
Black Clover
Gintama
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Hinomaru Zumou
Boruto (CP)
Bleach (CP)
World Trigger
Kochikame
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner
Toriko

Daily Demon Diary is damn lucky that Bleach and Nisekoi are ending, otherwise it would be dead now. Though it's likely it won't survive the next cycle which I imagine will be when Toriko ends in a few months. We shall see though.

Still have no idea how Black Clover is so popular.

Daily Demon Diary is damn lucky that Bleach and Nisekoi are ending, otherwise it would be dead now. Though it's likely it won't survive the next cycle which I imagine will be when Toriko ends in a few months. We shall see though.

I can Demon Diary being just killed off without anything replacing it for a few weeks if it keeps on falling, or Togashi has some next chapters ready.

WSJ Cast (Cover)
One Piece (Lead CP)
My Hero Academia
Haikyuu!!
Nisekoi (CP, END)
Black Clover
Gintama
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Hinomaru Zumou
Boruto (CP)
Bleach (CP)
World Trigger
Kochikame
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Samon the Summoner
Toriko

trying to refresh my memory

this goes back 8 issues back or 7?

No thought provoking plot

follows a cookie cutter formula

copies some stuff from famous series and vanillafies it

puts some harem and light fanservice

people on the Metro who are going from one destination to the other will find it easy to follow relative to reading other series with long dialogue and tons of content and twists to follow along

BatDan

I can Demon Diary being just killed off without anything replacing it for a few weeks if it keeps on falling, or Togashi has some next chapters ready.

Maan, I really wish I didn't hear "this hiatus will be shorter". It just makes the thirst much more real.

8 issues is the standard.

people on the Metro who are going from one destination to the other will find it easy to follow relative to reading other series with long dialogue and tons of content and twists to follow along

So basically it's junk food manga. Nothing rewarding but still "enjoyable".

If Jump International is any indication, Black Clover is getting pushed. It's like they realised they backed the wrong horse with World Trigger and are redirecting their efforts.

Hahaha. Shouldn't have given the anime to Toei.
... The Black Clover anime is going to Toei isn't it?

Kieli

lmao, Soma near the bottom in ranking

Verelios

Nisekoi stuff:
Not only glad Chitoge won but Onodera got destroyed on a level like no other girl in the history of the medium has been destroyed before. The last month of Nisekoi made up for all the lowpoints of the series.

A fucking cake.

I was honestly expecting a wishy washy type of ending when it got to this point but I've never seen a more emphatic ending.
Flashbacks to Ichigo 100%

TheFlow

Banned
World trigger is too caught up anime wise and needs like a year break. Black clover should be the title being pushed because it appeals to a broader audience

Strimei

Knights of Sidonia - vol. 1-15

A friend got me to watch the show on Netflix and I really enjoyed it, so once I finished the two seasons, I went and put holds on all the volumes at my library.

Good lord that ending was unsatisfying and rather abrupt. Tsumugi's sacrifice being rendered moot was also just annoying (though I'll admit bias here as I was rooting for Izana). But beyond that, I just felt like the two threats of the series, Ochiai and the Greater Gauna Cluster ship, were taken down almost too easily. I guess Ochiai did put up a decent enough fight, but still it was just...mediocre, I feel.

And I had been hoping for some sort of answer about what the hell the Gauna really were. Human experiments run amok? Alien experiments run amok? Just aliens running amok? Eldritch horrors trying, and failing, to understand humanity?

Anyone with knowledge of Nihei's other works (Blame!, Biomega especially), is this sort of thing how his stories usually end or is this an outlier?

The very last double page shot of Tanikaze and Tsumugi's daughter fighting was a good shot, though, I'll say

Because its fun and has continued to get better during its run. Its nice that our main cast are truly a team of misfits with tons of raw potential but lacking key screws hence being the band of fuck ups. It enables them to win battles in ways that feel believable and fun.

The romance in Nisekoi had the most predictable ending ever.

The only unpredictable part of Nisekoi's entire run was when it randomly became a battle shonen for like 3 chapters when Tsugumi fought Marika's body guard, and even then people had joked the series would transition into a battle shonen if it ever lost popularity.

Jintor

I picked up a manga called delusional telepathy (correct translation tba)

And I read most of it in Japanese! I mean, it's a 4koma, but I'm still pretty happy

BatDan

I still wonder how Kishimoto looked over how he wrote the series and concluded that Sasuke and Sakura would make for a healthy couple?

"Thank you for helping with The Last. I would have included it but I just want to sleep. Now the perfect pairing of Naruto and Hinata is complete."
"But what about the others?"
"... SHIT!"
*hours later*
"There, everyone is paired. Now I can go to bed!"
"But do you really want to pair Sasuke and Sakura? They had a pretty toxic relationship in the ser-"
"BED!"

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
You know what, i'm glad Komi end it with a bang and got a decent sales. Now he can do whatever the hell he want and probably make a fantasy story. FREEMAN AT LAST!

Sesuji pin got low ranking... i hope it can survive for at least another year.

Grand Blue 3

I read this expecting a diving manga, but so far it's Animal House the manga. I'm having fun with it, but i'm still waiting for diving story.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 137

Talk about raising a romance flag...

Dansan Joshi 14-15

Suppository should not be this lewd. This author is way too good at this

Verelios

Keijo!! 76

My god. Dio mio, this series has been ridiculous since day 1 but I just spit my drink out at
HIP OF BABYLON
. That is just too amazing. This is great satire, haha.

Komi is apparently starting a new series in October. I wonder if now that Nisekoi was successful he will the clout to do whatever kind of series he wants again. It would be cool to get another battle manga out of him, Double Arts was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom