• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Komi is apparently starting a new series in October. I wonder if now that Nisekoi was successful he will the clout to do whatever kind of series he wants again. It would be cool to get another battle manga out of him, Double Arts was pretty cool.
Whoa that's pretty big. I do feel like there were a lot of rough spots in Double Arts that he straightened out during Nisekoi and that he can do a much better job now with that kind of manga

Actually, this might explain why Jump was so understanding with Nisekoi ending

Sandfox

Komi is apparently starting a new series in October. I wonder if now that Nisekoi was successful he will the clout to do whatever kind of series he wants again. It would be cool to get another battle manga out of him, Double Arts was pretty cool.

His next series is going to be in Jump GIGA though.

Nordicus

PLEASE ELIMINATE SHIMADA BEFORE HE DOES SOMETHING IRREVERSIBLE
0K4IiCN.jpg

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch374

What a blockhead.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch137

Damn it Shiho. Stop digging your own grave.

Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon ch37

Saved by the maid outfit.

New Game! ch35

There's nothing wrong with hamburger!

The Ancient Magus' Bride ch30

She's a real magnet for trouble, that lass.

Akuma no Riddle ch46

That was the only acceptable outcome.

MANUELF

Banned
Actually Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa is an excellent example of a romcom manga that is still good and interesting even after the main couple hook up and thats because the character are very likeable and their relations is awesome so a chapter with only side characters is still very good

PS: Also having the goddess of all trolls in Akane certainly helps

Purgatory Dead Roll 3
"You like Danganronpa, don't you?" Initially I thought this next game was gonna be fairly straightforward, like mafia/werewolf or something, but nope, we're going full upupupupu. In the circumstances, the best-worst case scenario is a nighttime visit from Kagamiya while paralyzed.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 229

For all the talk in the last few pages, it was fairly inoffensive.
Raku is now a corrupt underground boss responsible for an illegal business while working in the government in day time.

Haru is still in denial about her lesbian girlfriend.

Chitoge and Raku dated for 10 years and never kissed until the date before their wedding.
At that point you might as well wait until the actual wedding.

Overall a pretty standard ending chapter.

Nisekoi 229

Hmm, well based on the way people were talking about this chapter I expected worse, but it wasn't that bad. Pretty much what I expected tbh
though I gotta admit the fact that Onodera is making their wedding cake cracked me up for sure

NIsekoi 229

Wow that was... underwhelming. I hate timeskips that seem to have not changed anything.

Oh well, Onodera pastry cuck was worth it. Hopefully Komi goes back to adventure manga next because I'm not reading another romcom lol

Revo

Nisekoi 229 (end)

Well, it's donezo. Basically checked out for most of the chapters in the last part of the series. Watching it animated will be quite nice tho. Based y-san callout.

dani_dc

Bleach 685

"SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: LAST CHAPTER IS NEXT WEEK!"

Kubo can't even do a last chapter correctly.

Anyway going by this chapter I'm calling the next chapter leading into a sequel in a different magazine.

Nisekoi is kinda sad, dude could have picked any other girl and they would have at least spent more time together. Well whatever, we all know Tsugumi is handling everything in the background :v

Ascheroth

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-San

Ghosts are lovely. Obviously the tsundere is the best though.

Do you mean ninja girl? Because I agree if you mean ninja girl.

Anyway, been reading Choujin Gakuen. Pretty great read.
Has some ridiculously hype moments (
Darkness Adam, everything with Oskas dad, and so on
), damn great action, a huge cast of wacky and likeable characters, and good comedy.
Only thing I disliked was probably that it sometimes (I think especially during the early chapters) overdid the melodrama a tiny bit.

Also obligatory lol Kubo. Lol.

I dropped Nisekoi around the time that Marika left, guess it's time to undrop it.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 171
Grand Theft Kana may actually be the best thing ever. At the very least, she's enough for me to shelve my confusion about how they actually got there etc. I'm assuming Kazumi's working her computer magic or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

I'm sure they will explain how its possible you could be like 22 years old, engaged to a hot girl and never kissed her until the day before your wedding. Like what in the actual fuck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Why is Renji still a fucken loser who can't make Captain even though he achieved Bankai like way before any of these guys

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bleach chapter this week was titled "A perfect end"

LMAO

Next chapter: Perfect End 2. The end.
joking, but since this is Kubo...

My Bride is His Wife 16
Okay, Miwa got pregnant, and now there's an issue with the tabloid. Well, thanks god this story set in modern setting. At least knowing who's the dad won't be an issue...
though i'll be laughing if both of them is not the father. ULTIMATE CUCK

Bleach 685

They actually bashed the dude for not showing his Bankai lol

but will the villain return next chapter? Is that instead Aizen? Or is that Ichigo returning after some training or something?

OP

Dude is the first husband... tossed away

Nisekoi

Final Chapter.... dude is a city Councillor and the Yakuza (2nd) Boss... such corruption

Ruri says money will be tight for her and Shuu's salary to do a wedding but isn't she the grand-daughter of a wealthy family?

Everyone inherited something or has a career

kinda disappointing they look the same

I mean how many years passed?

bigkrev

Nisekoi 229

"Actually, organized crime gangs are the real everyday heroes who make our city great"
I'm far more annoyed by this than I should be

dani_dc

Nisekoi

I'm sure they will explain how its possible you could be like 22 years old, engaged to a hot girl and never kissed her until the day before your wedding. Like what in the actual fuck

It sounds like they have a very healthy relationship of seeing each other for a couple hours once or twice a year.

That's how relationships work in Nisekoi, see Chitoge, Marika and Raku mothers.

cntr

Banned
crossposting from mha thread

Chapter 102

Shoot style encouragement, All Might self-contemplation...

DTL will like these costumes. Wonder what's up with Todoroki and Kouda's upgrades.

Holy shit Monoma's costume. lol @ ectoplasm

what's with that hair, Tsuyu? oh ochako

Aizawa giving good life advice to Mineta.

the new guy seems like he'll be great, I'm hype

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
One Piece ch. 835

"They're called the homies." This has to be MS taking liberties here, right

My Hero Academia ch. 102

That bit with All Might realizing he's just a regular civilian now was kinda heavy, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom