• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hero Academia 102

Uraraka is getting too jumbled with her emotions

Them competing against other schools is interesting too since more characters... All Might feeling he is a burden is saddening... hopefully instead of doing what I think he is going to do (by trying to get to that evil kid who is his Master's child) he goes off and trains to be a different hero and runs around saving people with a new secret identitiy/name

LeleSocho

Banned
Nisekoi - End
From where i started it it looked like a pretty standard romcom, disappointed for the lack of kiss panel.
Tsugumi has a nice body.

Boku no Hero Academia - 102
loved the girls talk in this chapter, also poor, fragile All Might.

Nisekoi
Last chapter was pretty good. It was nice to see that the girls actually moved on after the Rakubowl ended. I'm laughing my ass off they Raku is basically a corrupt government figure but it's perfectly fine for some reason. Raku/Chitoge stuff was cute, as was the Shuu/Ruri scene.

Bleach
So imagine the Nisekoi chapter only not good, and you have the Bleach chapter. The only good part was Rukia becoming a Captain.

My Hero Academia
Yeah Ochako, it is exactly "like that". You're even more transparent about your feelings than Elizabeth in The Seven Deadly Sins.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Big Mom seems like she has an all-around better version of Gecko Moriah's ability. Brook is definitely going to play into all of this somehow, I'm sure of it.

dani_dc

nVFhQ.png

Nisekoi - End
From where i started it it looked like a pretty standard romcom, disappointed for the lack of kiss panel.
Tsugumi has a nice body.

It had the best faces
L6qAk.jpg

U35LZHn.png

I thought you were pure hearted Lele, why must you destroy my image of you :(
Bleach 685

Welp, nothing happened this past 10 years...sure is peaceful...

...Also, FUCKING SUNGLASSES GUY IS THE NEW CAPTAIN!?
I don't even remember who he is.

Bleach 685

And yhwach revives, rules the universe, happily ever after?
chapter needs more aizen

Next chapter for sure.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like being a mob boss while also secretly being a government official is corrupt as all fuck.

Bleach 685

If this is to continue, it has to be the Hell Arc. Renji is such a fucking loser lmao.

Did Wolf dude actually die?

One Piece 835

Mirror fruit belongs to some jobber? Kizaru must be real fuckin happy. If Big Mom has the Soul fruit then wtf does Brook have?

Reminder people actually thought Lola's mom wasn't Big Mom

bokuhero 102

Tsuyu's hair is godlike put up like that. plz keep

soma 178

Soma's only fun during SoL chapters now. RIP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My Hero Academia

You're probably thinking you just admire Deku's drive, but no, it probably is like that, Uraraka.

phaze

Nisekoi
urs9jlgrkzhb.gif

Honestly, after reading talk in anime thread I thought Onodera got fat or something in addition to the cake part. The latter doesn't really bother me and seems kind of a given in a series like this. Maybe the power of my inner waifuism just shields me from realizing the severity of the insult.

But I think this ending is kind of disgusting in trying to sell a bunch of laughable and awful outcomes as good. Raku being a spineless git and taking over from his father, being a corrupt cityhall worker, trying to paint Yakuza as Saints or the Sakura-Sasuke tier of frequency of meetings of main couple.

And lastly, the kiss.

Jesus fucking Christ they dated but haven't kissed for ten years, they meet once in half a year, how IN the flying fuck do these people function. The goddamn censoring of the kiss itself triggered me more then it should have but fuck, that's just adding insult to injury.

Komi almost the hackest of hacks.

Bleach
This is the worst thing ever or at least since Nisekoi's ending.

Wait, did the dog captain bite the bullet in Ywach arc ? I don't remember.

Tower of God
You know it's time to drop the series when you don't have the strength to go over yet another silly plan and forty irrelevant characters that will be carrying it out. I think I once called this series the amalgamation of worst parts of OP, Bleach and Naruto I see no reason to change that verdict. Dreadful pacing, multitude of irrelevant flat characters, the world or organisations making little to no sense, Baam being an asspull machine like a few others and a vehicle to spout the most generic shounen mc lines.

It was all always there but up until somewhere into Workshop Arc it wasn't as insulting and coalesced into bearable whole, especially since I could marathon it up till there and further. But since then, it's been just bad . I still like the art, quite a bit of designs and getting it all in color but it's not enough to make me waddle through this any further.

Wiseblade

Nisekoi
Honestly, after reading talk in anime thread I thought Onodera got fat or something in addition to the cake part. The latter doesn't really bother me and seems kind of a given in a series like this. Maybe the power of my inner waifuism just shields me from realizing the severity of the insult.
There's taking an L

There's holding an L

There's embracing an L

And then there's BAKING THAT L A WEDDING CAKE

The secret ingredient of that cake are the tears of a forlorn love.

phaze

There's taking an L

Following the logic of this sad piece of crap we call Nisekoi, Onodera got over Raku as seen in last chapter and doesn't hold any bad feelings towards either of them. Accept the logic of shounen manga.

I wouldn't call it taking an L even before this chapter hit and with how awful Chitoge-Raku relationship is, even more so.

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma

I guess this entire arc is just an excuse for Erina being put into "Mitsuru doesn't know how to eat hamburgers" moments.

dramatis

Hey MangaGAF.

After all these years of harem romcom, surely we have become experienced enough to write one that can last over 200 chapters.

How would you do it?

phaze

lol I'm not sure if the source is respectable but Ishida apparently redraws chapters 01-02 of Tokyo Ghoul to be published in another magazine.
On the October issue of MEN’S NON-NO (Shueisha) to be published on September 10, a newly written version of Ishida Sui’s Tokyo Ghoul’s first chapter named ‘Tragedy’, will be in the appendix as 'Tokyo Ghoul ch. 001-2’.

Ishida Sui’s Commentary
It has been about five years since Tokyo Ghoul was first serialized and I’ve considered if there was a way to reach out to the people who haven’t read it yet, and so, I tried to do a remake of the first chapter.

Even to the people who’ve read it before, reading this may give you a fresh feeling and I would appreciate it if you read this while comparing it to the first chapter from five years ago.

cntr

Banned
Hey MangaGAF.

After all these years of harem romcom, surely we have become experienced enough to write one that can last over 200 chapters.

How would you do it?
The main character should actually be charismatic and know what he's doing. And the girls shouldn't be idiots.

Hey MangaGAF.

How would you do it?

I already wrote one.

It was called Sora no Otoshimono.

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededededededededestruction 40

Fuck yeah On-tan! Hit a homerun and shoot down his mothership!

LeleSocho

Banned
Hey MangaGAF.

How would you do it?

I'm no expert but i would give it a steady and constant development instead of being nothing for 95% and then giving it all the last 5%.
Maybe i would give it multiple goals too (not multiple girls).

rrc1594

Sometime wonder even if when you start to write your Harem manga and you pick the girl he ends up with. You are adding all these girls giving them backstories. Each of them getting their own arc. You tell yourself maybe the girl I first picked isn't the one he should end up with. I write horror short stories and I change my mind all the time on who survives.

If I did write a Rom-Com Harem manga , I think it would be multiply short stories were he/she ends up with each choice.

Wiseblade

One one level, I can totally sympathise with the majority of harem protagonists. I know there were times in school where I was oblivious that certain girls were into me. Having every girl you've ever met wanting to jump your bones is an unbelievable scenario.

What they need is for the lecherous male best friend to sit him down and have a lengthy conversation about how his childhood crush is secretly in love with him, along with every other girl in a 10-mile radius and that he should take immediate action with this information.

jman2050

What they need is for the lecherous male best friend to sit him down and have a lengthy conversation about how his childhood crush is secretly in love with him, along with every other girl in a 10-mile radius and that he should take immediate action with this information.

So basically what Momo did in TLRD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom