• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah, it's really interesting so far. I hope it survives

Depends entirely on it's ratings a lot of the manga currently in serialization don't sell all that much but have decent to high ratings (e.g Hinomaru Zumou). We'll see how that goes. I've enjoyed Hinomaru tbf it's a very well paced manga for what it is and enjoyed it a lot so let's hope the readerships taste prevails.

rrvv

Little Little

qNZ6Avo.png

<3

Dorohedoro 145

Shit's going into the end game now! (well more than it was before for the last like 30 chapters) We got pretty much all our main players assembled. And what's kinda funny is, for a manga that is notorious for making no sense...the explanation for everything sorta makes sense. The identity of Hole and the rain and everything.

I love this manga. I would pay $1000 to see this adapted into a CG anime in like 20 years when CG anime didn't look atrocious.

Immortal Hounds 28

You know...

For such a silly premise this manga is, and actually always has been, really good. This chapter was almost all character interaction and development. A lot of exposition but done in a way to entangle it in the mystery of who the Vector Shige's daughter fell in love with is. I'm betting it's someone she either loved in passing from afar or a public figure. Meanwhile Kanzaki has gone straight off the deep end and wants to rescue our heroine (who has been in absentia for like 6 chapters) which is gonna be a super ass-pull if that tan monster is still there. I bet Kanzaki joins UNDO to gain access in a feint.

This manga is really good.

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku 3

This kid is living the straight shota dream: thicc tomboy onee-san who gets too handsy and plays rough with him, teacher who is interested in if he's happy and how he's doing so shares an exchange diary with him and doesn't really get personal space thanks to Ginza work and classmate who is super into him with a bad-ass chuuni name and wants to dress him in girl's clothes. Only thing that'd be perfect is if they had penises.

I'm mostly joking.

Living the dream~

I did find it funny that no one even reacted to Long Kiss Goodnight's name until the sister was like "The fuck is up with that name?"

Good Night World 31

...OR IS THERE?

Next chapter: No, there isn't.

Reading too many series nowadays. Takes too long to talk about them all here.

Wiseblade

Have you read Teji-

Drat.

How about Oh, My Sweet Alien! and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san?
My Sweet Alien is the one about the guy who is married to an alien, right? I remember the art in that being pretty good maybe I should pick it up again...

Never heard of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san though.

Zweizer

Banned
My Sweet Alien is the one about the guy who is married to an alien, right? I remember the art in that being pretty good maybe I should pick it up again...

Never heard of Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san though.

Yeah, it's the one. There's nudity sometimes but it's overall pretty tasteful.

Takagi-san is about one kid mercilessly teasing another.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Hinomaru Zumou 94

These past few chapters have been really great mostly and 90 at establishing this guy. He's the sorta person you love to hate based on his percieved arrogance, when there's certainly an element of truth to it. He's the sorta person who if you were competing against you'd be thinking "fuck this guy".

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

I'm shocked that in the end they made absolutely sure to make sure Haru's friend being obviously lesbian was reduced to stray subtext that Haru was incapable of noticing. Hide Your Gays in full effect.

bobohoro

Berserk 104

I feel sick.
Seriously, i rarely have a physical reaction to stories (no H jokes people) but the eclipse is some of the most vivid and vile stuff out there. Especially because one cares about the characters.
And in the middle of it all is Skull Knight facing off against Zodd, which is amazing. And should have gotten more attention.
The panels of Guts despairing and being painted demon-like is some really powerful stuff. Beautiful and fucked at the same time.

At least it didn't hit me quite as hard as last time. I think I'll continue on.

Little Little 1-8/END
Another example of why I will often at least try out 90% of what A Huge Battleship recommends. Just a sweet and fluffy manga that doesn't need any dialogue to create its story.

Strimei

Berserk 104

I feel sick.
Seriously, i rarely have a physical reaction to stories (no H jokes people) but the eclipse is some of the most vivid and vile stuff out there. Especially because one cares about the characters.
And in the middle of it all is Skull Knight facing off against Zodd, which is amazing. And should have gotten more attention.
The panels of Guts despairing and being painted demon-like is some really powerful stuff. Beautiful and fucked at the same time.

At least it didn't hit me quite as hard as last time. I think I'll continue on.

My then girlfriend got me to watch the show, which ends right after the Eclipse. We ended up binge watching it all one night and ended at 3 am.

Imagine going to sleep with all that running through your head. Whoo boy.

My then girlfriend got me to watch the show, which ends right after the Eclipse. We ended up binge watching it all one night and ended at 3 am.

Imagine going to sleep with all that running through your head. Whoo boy.

Yeah it was a long night for me after finishing the 90's tv series lol

Jintor

i'm shipping a box of manga home now so i don't have to carry it with me in my luggage because that shit would be imposssibleeeeeeeeee

i'm shipping a box of manga home now so i don't have to carry it with me in my luggage because that shit would be imposssibleeeeeeeeee

lol. How much did you end up getting?
The first time I went to Japan I bought an extra duffel bag just to carry all the manga I bought home with me.

Jintor

lol. How much did you end up getting?
The first time I went to Japan I bought an extra duffel bag just to carry all the manga I bought home with me.

I guess it was about 15kg worth all up.

Now I gotta go find somewhere that will change yens into Taiwan dollars

Tejina Senpai 25
Senpai is a girl of many talents, though unfortunately (and admirably) she has her heart set on something she's largely terrible at. Don't forget, you're here forever Accomplice-kun.

90% of what he recommends is goth loli blood stuff tho
Did some checking and it's actually closer to 85%.

I mean, wait what?

My sweet Alien vol 1-2 END

A fun little story that didn't overstay it's welcome.
If you're still looking for recs then try Tasogare Otome x Amnesia if you want something spooky, Prunus Girl if you have a romcom itch, Franken Fran for gruesome black humour, Komorebi no Kuni for something colourful and relaxing, A Lollypop or A Bullet for real life drama, or Book Girl and the Suicidal Mime if you like eating paper.

Also ignore dramatis, none of those are goth loli blood stuff.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Hey

Recommend me some stuff

No Smut though

Golden Kamuy
A soldier and Ainu girl trying to find tattooed prisoner to find hidden treasure. Along the way they also enjoying local cuisine. Author use a lot of reference to make sure it's historically accurate and i appreciate that the author explain a lot of things related to ainu culture and occupation.

Dungeon Meshi
A group of adventurer trying to slay a red dragon that manage to eat one of their companion. They also slay and cook monster along the way. One of the better fantasy series with fantastic world building.

Saike Mata Shitemo
A boy find out that he has the power to repeat a day as long he drown in a certain pond after an accident that killed his friend. He use his newfound power to protect said childhood friend. Turned into a shonen battle manga after the first arc.

Zack Davisson does good translation work, but man is this one of the most self-important statements I've ever seen. I'm reading this as "reviewers should acknowledge how great I am more".

3f1a471913.jpg

I think translator need more recognition and if possible should be mentioned in the review, something that sometime forgotten by reviewer. Related to gaming, i wish there's a category for best localization.

Saike Mata Shitemo 36-39

The revelation that Saike oracle could've killed him for real sure does bring his past behavior into dark comedy territory. In the past chapter this guy killed himself 8 times to make sure his childhood friend get the perfect haircut for graduation book.

Author know how to make good gimmicky battle shonen even with a simple power like turning stuff into Styrofoam, so as far as battle goes, i think it's good. Saike already nearing his limit and this could mean the story could go in several different paths
1. Saike manage to recover his oracle
2. Saike lose his oracle for real and become his team strategist without using his oracle
3. Changing protagonist with Saike becoming background character and Negatibrain becoming the main protagonist

So yeah, i can't wait to see the end of this arc to see how the story goes.

New Game! Spinoff 1

A spinoff of New Game series which focus on Aoba during her highschool day. Hopefully this one could explain how she manage to get recruited into her current company.

The promised Neverland 2

Has a lot of potential to be good. But, since this is JUMP, there's a chance it might turn into battle manga in 10 chapter from now. I hope i'm wrong though. This manga has no direct competitor in horror division so i;m hoping the ranking could be good.

NSFW section (not hentai, but it is ecchi)

Idol Na Kanojo To Wotaku Na Boku To 1-4

A fan obsessed with a certain idol. Due to certain circumstances he is now becoming a slave to said idol. I thought this is going to be one of those ecchi comedy, then it turn really dark with said idol forcing that dude to masturbate while watching one of her gravure dvd and then peeing on him. Like wow, didn't really expect that to happen. Don't know if i will continue reading it.

Ureshon! 1

A tale about dude obsession with golden shower fetish. No seriously, this is what the story all about. He really want to see a girl pee. Well, lucky for him, the new transfer student suddenly pee during class. I have no idea why i'm reading this.

Moaradin

The promised Neverland 2

This has some potential. The main kids seem a bit too smart and aware for their age, but I'm not complaining.

Jintor

saw some manga in a store in denden town. very striking. turned out to be called 'verbally abusive girl' and pretty much entirely about a girl shittalking you.

bought it.

Jintor

Is that Batou Shoujo from Mebae?

yep, that's the one. god knows how i'm gonna find more room for any more manga in my luggage. I have one last delivery arriving tommorrow and then I'm going to have to lop off my arm if i buy any more.

I can still only very slowly read most of this, too. ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom