• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Murata's Spider-Man artwork are things of beauty. Marvel should just throw all the money at him for a monthly Spidey comic.I'd buy the hell out of it.

I'm talking:

* one copy to read
* one copy to look at
* one copy to recommend to friends/family/anyone who'll listen
* one copy to place in a vacuum-sealed time capsule so future generations can enjoy.

The magic number is 5 copies of the object you want.
You need a backup one incase something happens to any of those you mentioned.

Dansan Joshi 15

I didn't realize seeing a penis gave you the same visual symptoms as a cold.

danchi majo 3

this is weird and lewd and I don't know how I feel about it yet

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Kaguya wants to be confessed 30
Ok im reading this again because this is both kind of fucked up but hilarious.
ZxuTUWj.jpg

And she did it.

And this chapter has like 5 genres shift alone.

MANUELF

Banned
Magi 317

Those adventure of sinbad spoiler

Pretty obvious stuff but yeah big spoilers

Cant wait for that war to happen in Adventures of Sinbad, it will be a bloodbath with at least 6 big characters dying in there
And it shows that Adventures of Sinbad is the best Magi

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch383

RIP

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch33

There's no cheating against her.

Kase-san ch15

You go girl!

Spotted Flower ch19

Hell hath only begun.

Henai Girl 11-20

3rLm8lC.png

You'd have to be insane to reject such an insane girl. If the yandere humour keeps up, this'll actually be be more enjoyable than I initially gave it credit for.

Japanese Manga Sales Aug 1st - 7th

*1. 183,413 *,183,413 Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Vol.1
*2. 132,800 *,132,800 Gintama Vol.65
*3. 116,532 *,116,532 Nisekoi Vol.24
*4. 110,137 *,110,137 Toriko Vol.40
*5. *94,480 *,*94,480 Platinum End Vol.3
*6. *90,811 *,*90,811 Prison School Vol.22
*7. *78,464 *,*78,464 Black Clover Vol.7
*8. *77,129 *,*77,129 Kinnikuman Vol.56
*9. *75,904 *,*75,904 Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Vol.16
10. *64,527 *,*64,527 Yuragisou no Yuuna-san Vol.2

11. *61,968 *,*61,968 Sousei no Onmyouji Vol.9
12. *58,916 *,*58,916 Grand Blue Vol.6
13. *48,887 2,285,588 One Piece Vol.82
14. *47,395 *,564,066 Kingdom Vol.43
15. *45,936 *,*45,936 Gakuen Babysitters Vol.13
16. *36,799 *,232,158 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.22
17. *34,832 *,*70,274 3-gatsu no Lion: Osarai Dokuhon Chuukyuu-hen
18. *33,684 *,230,960 Ookiku Furikabutte Vol.27
19. *31,397 *,*31,397 Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa Vol.3
20. *30,870 *,*30,870 Minami-ke Vol.15

21. *29,761 *,395,154 Magi Vol.30
22. *27,994 *,285,066 JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 8: JoJolion Vol.13
23. *27,661 *,*27,661 Top Secret Season 0 Vol.4
24. *26,837 *,*26,837 Jigoku Sensei Nube Neo Vol.7
25. *26,324 *,207,295 Giant Killing Vol.41
26. *24,231 *,*24,231 Sabaku no Harem Vol.4
27. *24,078 *,*24,078 Sesuji wo Pin! to: Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso Vol.6
28. *23,689 *,*23,689 Gintama Vol.65 Limited Edition
29. *22,674 *,766,032 Haikyuu!! Vol.22
30. *22,318 *,316,685 Fairy Tail Vol.56

31. *22,181 *,748,172 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.21
32. *22,112 *,124,091 High Score Girl Vol.6
33. *21,796 *,*21,796 Karadasagashi Vol.9
34. *21,060 *,346,268 Chihayafuru Vol.32
35. *20,623 *,268,649 Major 2nd Vol.5
36. *18,081 *,*18,081 Youkai Watch Vol.11 Limited Edition
37. *17,832 *,*17,832 Juu: Ninpou Makai Tensei Vol.9
38. *16,936 *,*16,936 Yuki wa Jigoku ni Ochiru no ka Vol.5
39. *16,732 *,239,051 Handa-kun Vol.6
40. *16,484 *,*86,789 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Kyuukousen-hen Vol.5

41. *16,323 *,*16,323 Kimetsu no Yaiba Vol.2
42. *16,246 *,193,075 Noragami Vol.17
43. *16,157 *,*69,791 New Game! Vol.4
44. *16,002 *,*68,569 New Game! Vol.5
45. *15,901 *,*34,714 Football Nation Vol.9
46. *15,640 *,*15,640 ēlDLIVE Vol.6
47. *15,428 *,*15,428 Mononofu Vol.4
48. *15,307 *,*15,307 Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Vol.16 Limited Edition
49. *15,177 *,*15,177 Iinazuke Kyoutei Vol.8
50. *15,033 *,*25,601 Jackass! Vol.1

Weak mononofu it couldnt even reach 1mln (total life)

Man so I read two works by the same author and they'r both hilarious or adorable.

Ii Orc no Hi 1-5

An Orc runs into a horny, inappropriate elf who he helps out cause she looked lost. Proceeds to have to put up with her bullshit. Pretty funny.

Mishiro san to Yamada kun

Like Tomo-chan or Houkago Play? Read this. Sketchy cute work about a vague romantic couple who likes playing video games, girl is tomboyish and shy and the dude likes messing with her or playing the straight man. Their friends are a girl who desperately wants them to fuck and a guy who is also in a somewhat romantic relationship with the friend. It's really funny and has that new sort of manga humor like Jitsu wa or Tomo where it's actually funny and not "manga funny" Real cute art but you may not like the sketchy style.

Zweizer

Banned
Henai Girl ch11-20

kCR9md1.png

She's headed down a dark path, and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Senko ch17

Poor Ruka, gotta be tough dealing with all that.

Arabesque

Dungeon Meshi 27

Was half expecting a twist where she'd breath fire. Instead it was just some blood.

Next chapter must be some existential dilemma. Eating the thing that ate and killed you.

UQ Holder 123 - 128

Well Negi is actually pretty cool, loved his entrance and his design, and also Fate appeared too, please interact.

Favorite was Santa protecting Touta-nii, as well as him being sent in the past, and oddly with no clothes.

Kieli

Gaf, is My Hero Academia good? I haven't read any chapters, so I can't keep up with the Jump serialization. RightStuf is currently having a sale, so it would be a good time for me to catch up (although I loathe to purchase ongoing series, it's not like I haven't broken that rule several times).

Gaf, is My Hero Academia good? I haven't read any chapters, so I can't keep up with the Jump serialization. RightStuf is currently having a sale, so it would be a good time for me to catch up (although I loathe to purchase ongoing series, it's not like I haven't broken that rule several times).

Yes it is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man so I read two works by the same author and they'r both hilarious or adorable.

Ii Orc no Hi 1-5
This is the best elf x orc. It's too bad it's just some thing the author doodles on occasion instead of an actual comic. It's better than 99.9% of "us nerds eh" comics out there.

Dungeon Meshi 27

Was half expecting a twist where she'd breath fire. Instead it was just some blood
She's pretty chill I don't think she'd be too freaked.

mdubs

Banned

Buy it immediately

Reading new Overlord chapter and it just makes my want of more manga with non-human characters stronger. I love these manga with characters that aren't just human-looking girls with tails, like these Lizardmen chapters in Overlord. I would read an entire manga about them. Or Kumo desu ga, nani ka? the manga about the girl reincarnated in an RPG world as a spider. Hell, even Monster Musume is somewhat alright at this, but I would really enjoy it if more people took risks with manga and made their characters just good characters. You need to trust your readers that we will follow your stories and read your manga if you do not try to make them resemble us so much. Your kobolds don't need to be just girls with dog ears, your main characters don't have to be inept and make us feel better about ourselves or dense or loved by every girl. You need to believe that instead of pandering to a base that you know is there that people will read your manga without you having to limit yourself in the stories and characters you can write. People will be able to like and enjoy your manga if it has a non-human character if you make them interesting or fun to follow. They don't need to check off tropes that you can merchandise.

Quasar

Girls of the Wilds 249 - Well done Moonyoung. Make your dad some money and provide a way for Jaegu to beat those little kids up.

Jintor

Reading new Overlord chapter and it just makes my want of more manga with non-human characters stronger. I love these manga with characters that aren't just human-looking girls with tails, like these Lizardmen chapters in Overlord. I would read an entire manga about them. Or Kumo desu ga, nani ka? the manga about the girl reincarnated in an RPG world as a spider. Hell, even Monster Musume is somewhat alright at this, but I would really enjoy it if more people took risks with manga and made their characters just good characters. You need to trust your readers that we will follow your stories and read your manga if you do not try to make them resemble us so much. Your kobolds don't need to be just girls with dog ears, your main characters don't have to be inept and make us feel better about ourselves or dense or loved by every girl. You need to believe that instead of pandering to a base that you know is there that people will read your manga without you having to limit yourself in the stories and characters you can write. People will be able to like and enjoy your manga if it has a non-human character if you make them interesting or fun to follow. They don't need to check off tropes that you can merchandise.

Yah, but then you can't merchandise them

Kurita

It's entertaining. Nothing incredible but solid.

cntr

Banned
My Hero Academia is well on its way to become a legendary shounen, right up there with all the greats. The author knows what he's doing. Highly recommended.

We have a manga thread if you decide to catch up, too!

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch384

They met their match.

New Game! ch37

The year's only begun, yet it's already pretty noisy.

Best boss.

Hakoiri Drops ch29

The year is off to a rough start.

Yuri Kuma Arashi ch25

Geez, just as things were getting better, the mood took a dark turn yet again.

Jintor

I keep imagining the boss of new game as gender flipped Kamiya.

I have no basis for this other than him being a game director

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Are manga adaptations of ln really that appealing? The few Ive tried have been unappealing or just way oversimplified versions of the lns.

Much easier to read than lN ver. and just like anime, it actually function as an advertising for the lN.

Dungeon meshi 27
I aure hope it's this simple. I'm worried there's something mixed in farylin blood sunce they're using dragon meat instead of goat meat to reconstruct her body. Author also goes a long way and explain trivial thing like number of bones and stuff.

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku 4
Huh, aunt is one hell of a character. She just show up and gave underage kid wine. There's Some simple recipe that everyone could try at home.

Shonan junai gumi aka GTO the Early year end

Finally done reading the wide ban version (15 vol) with new cover by fujisawa tooru. This is a yankee action comedy manga. Some joke are insensitive and cringe worthy like Ryuji accidentally stucked his penis into a wall then got his dick sucked by a molester and that one time Onizuka molesting Shinomi. But i must admit i like seeing the art improved as volume goes by. The manga at its best when it's about gang member trying to beat each other or when the comedy is just about Onizuka and Ryuji doing stupid shit. Not as good as GTO, and other than few references, new reader can skip this and just go straight reading GTO

Zweizer

Banned
Red String ch50

Their motives sure are pretty transparent.

Nomi Joshi ch16

Didn't know there were tempura restaurants.

Now I'm hungry.

bobohoro

Took me a few chapters to warm up to the art and hero setup but it quickly picks up steam and has several really amazing moments in the first 100 chapters while being consistently good overall. Solid read and purchase through and through.

Tomo-chan 384

That chapter title is spot on.
Destory him!

Berserk 253

So, uh...Guts is resting in a bed (yo what?), his group consists of only children, a childlike woman and elves and he is sticking his nose into noble marriages and cares about getting back Farneze to babysit Casca?
And there is no gore in sight.
I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom