• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Tsubakuma 01

Muscle power
W0SaDe0.jpg

Hold up...
We in there

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 8.5

lC3WpvU.png

Something something working like a horse. For a moment I wanted to give the MC a good kicking, but fortunately it was just his tsundere tendencies showing.

Kieli

Book stores need to price match online more its annoying when something I like is like $8 cheaper online and stores won't price match.

thats just how it is, brick 'n mortar have higher overhead

in fact, chapters won't even price-match their own online store (which does indeed have competitive prices and shipiping)

thats just how it is, brick 'n mortar have higher overhead

in fact, chapters won't even price-match their own online store (which does indeed have competitive prices and shipiping)

I realize this, its just frustrating since brick and mortar stores I don't have to fear bad shipping and sometimes I can find amazing deals in their clearance sections.

bobohoro

Tsubakuma 01

I might be interested.

Yokohama Shopping Trip - fin.

This was pretty relaxing, right?

Nearly 150 chapters of a robot (named Alpha) with her camera as she explores the world around her cafe and makes new friends. And it's consistently charming, from beginning to end. Ashinano nailed everything here - the quieter moments of Alpha looking out into the sunset, the easygoing conversations with her friends, the bright, dreamlike scenery. It's all pulled together by this nostalgic warmth too, which I loved. Really, I can't think of anything I took issue with.

A great Summertime read.

It's also really good in winter. Or autumn. Heck even spring.
Such an amazing series.

Well casca is the most important thing for him at the moment, makes sense he'd try to get back the one person capable of baby-sitting casca.

I get the Casca thing, although that in itself is kinda dragging at this point and was never quite enjoyable for me, since I really liked her character and interactions with Guts. Although it feels like interesting character development, both her and him are sorta in that transitioning phase for far too long.
It's just kinda weird how fast Guts took in all those other people in his current party, given his past and overall character. That scene in the bed, with the akward Schierke moments and him going this doesn't feel right just...didn't feel right for me?

I guess there is also the difference in perception when catching up in a short time and reading the series at release as well.

Tomo-chan 386

Don't die Jun.

Zweizer

Banned
AKB49 ch215

What will happen during this date trip I wonder?

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch8 omake

Such a tsundere.

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan ch39

I'd argue Petit's the traumatised one here.

Hime No Dameshi 2

And ye, the Lord looked over His works and declared;

"The girl was thick"

And lo, it was good.

Fire Punch 16

The fuck happened to this manga? The director getting introduced COMPLETELY changed the tone and everything of this manga. Like what is even happening.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 4

1pZi4jT.png

This is me with basically any JRPG crafting system. Though admittedly I've never managed to make the game impossible to clear by synthesising away a key item. Not surprised to see that the demon king ←→ heroes relationship is a fairly light-hearted one.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism 1-6

Almost everything about this manga screamed it would be awful generic shit, battle shounen, only guy in a female dominated school. Elite martial arts females who forces the males to cross dress or essentially get bullied but I really liked the desin of the MC, which is atypical for these sorts of manga so I decided to read the first chapter on a whim. The a lot of the tropes are stll there but it's not bad.

The martial arts moves (with typical shounen exaggeration) every single one is explained to ridiculous degree. More thought is put into explaining the martial arts techniques and progression of the fight in one page than most harem battle shounens do in their entire run and it seems to largely be influenced by real life martial arts. MC fights with knife-proof gloves and is marginal more skilled the higher end of his opponents and was completely outclassed by the Empress. He isn't really a typical shounen lurcher and even makes and conscious effort to not do those things even when forced.

Will be interesting to see the anime adaptation considering how slow the translation will be

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Maou-jou de Oyasumi 4
Wind bed, and RIP wind shield. I guess this princess only care about her sleeping quality

Hime Dameshi 2

Best part about this manga other than lewd eating is that the recipe is something that can be easily done in a flash by pretty much everyone. No need for long time preparation. You could go to your nearest supermarket, get the ingredient and whip up whatever she made in a flash. Recommended for those looking for simple recipe.

Note: Do be careful when eating raw egg. Don't want to get salmonella

What's Cooking in Emiya house 2

This manga on the other hand, give you a pointer of basic cooking technique that'll be useful in the long run and a lot more impressive. Still easy and the ingredient are easy to find too.

Nomi Joshi 16

I really want to try those expensive tempura restaurant. Saw them on youtube before and i was really impressed.

Tsubakuma 01

Will read for the abs

Danberu nan kiro moteru? 1-2

"do you lift?" the manga.
Probably something that more suitable for Jintor. Rather than six abs, it focus more on tight stomach, at least for the girl. All male character are macho macho man

Fire Punch 16

Penis
Dick
Black Anal
Sex
Fuck
Shit
Fire Mastubator
Asshole
Fire cum

Yeah, this manga going places

Kieli

Looks like Kishimoto is finally working on his next series now.

He's rich enough that he can retire now and live off of his Naruto royalties for the rest of his life.

But he's an artist and you can't really say most artists chase it for the money.

Arabesque

Looks like Kishimoto is finally working on his next series now.

Interesting that he is not saying what it will be about. He used to be more open about what his next work will be before.

I guess now that he is actually researching it, he doesn't want to spoil it.

He's rich enough that he can retire now and live off of his Naruto royalties for the rest of his life.

But he's an artist and you can't really say most artists chase it for the money.

Yeah, if you chose to be a mangaka you must be hardcore dedicated to your craft. Money doesn't seem to ever hamper them.

Mishiro san to Yamada kun 1 - 17

I think I started reading this once before, so I just read all of it again. I like these simple romantic comedy stuff series.

tomo 387

Lol, the spectators got bored.

Averon

So the Bleach spoilers are out and....wow. What a terrible ending. Not that it should be a surprise, but I'm just laughing at how terrible it is.

Kieli

So the Bleach spoilers are out and....wow. What a terrible ending. Not that it should be a surprise, but I'm just laughing at how terrible it is.

He should have ended it on the Arrancar arc (but made the Aizen showdown better than butterfly mode).

Togashi should have ended with election arc, but not because DC isn't good. But because hiatus x hiatus isn't good for my health.

Yuzumori-san 4
That was about as smooth as sandpaper covered in glass shards, and as composed as my first GSCE music piece. Still, at least she seems to be accepting that she has a problem.

e: Mahou Shoujo Tokushuusen Asuka 4

As far as kidnappings go, that was distinctly unmagical. But I suppose the traditional methods are sometimes the best. I'm detecting faint signs of obsessiveness from Kurumi over her friend, here's hoping it develops.

PK Gaming

I think it's unfortunate muscle girl stuff usually only seems to go in either "normal anime girl with a six-pack" out "bodybuilder level muscle pack" with not much in between.

I live for that sweet sweet in between

Amen

I wept tears of joy when Yukina from Kabaneri came into existence, which meant we got sweet, delicious art

Too bad there's only like 16 good pieces of fanart for her

Jintor

It's also good incentive for me to get back on my fitness program

*Literally just ate four bread things

too ashamed of my shit Chinese to try and order food in this food court

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I think it's unfortunate muscle girl stuff usually only seems to go in either "normal anime girl with a six-pack" out "bodybuilder level muscle pack" with not much in between.

I live for that sweet sweet in between

Jormungand is full of that stuff.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 5

Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite. You'd think the castle's minions would've learned their lesson by now - don't approach the princess when she's carrying ANYTHING that could function as a makeshift weapon.

e: Choujin Gakuen 36-37
Fuck me. RIP to possibly the best character in this series. That was a ridiculously intense pair of chapters, though it shouldn't be surprising given how close to the end we are. That last development obviously won't be lethal to the victim, but with any luck it'll send Oska's power levels through the roof.

dani_dc

Teppu 21-24

The fight with Sanae was quite good,but I felt this back story should had be given to the reader earlier on, at least partially rather than just being hinted at.

More so, the final punch panel was surprisingly disappointing, for fight that had several panels where you could feel the impact of the hits, I was surprised by how the last panel lacked any sense of impact and strength to it.

Jintor

Mishiro and Yamaha

It's my professional opinion that this needs another eight layers of polish pass to become good. The essence of comedy is there though.

the essence of comedy to me is characters that appear one way and act another, apparently

e: Choujin Gakuen 36-37

Fuck me. RIP to possibly the best character in this series. That was a ridiculously intense pair of chapters, though it shouldn't be surprising given how close to the end we are. That last development obviously won't be lethal to the victim, but with any luck it'll send Oska's power levels through the roof.

HIIIIIIGAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!! ;____________;

Honestly, Kishimoto living off Naruto makes me more excited about his next work. He doesn't need to do generic romcoms or some shit like that, he can write literally whatever the fuck he wants and not have to worry.
How bad is it?

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch387

Too bad Jun didn't actually die.

Joshikausei ch52

Heh, she didn't change much.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch5

Mosquitoes are the worst. Totally justified.

Yuzumori-san ch4

On the bright side, she hasn't abducted her yet.

Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte. ch6.5

Such a caring big sister.

Spotted Flower ch19.5

She sure grew up. Physically at least.

Comic Girls vol2 ch4

No lies detected.

Jintor

Do you like strong and cute girls?

Finally, the cute girls doing pro wrestling manga I've always yearned for. Actually pretty funny tbh.

Jump Rankings Issue 38
Love Rush! (Cover, Lead CP)
Haikyuu!!
One Piece
Bleach (CP, END)
Hinomaru Zumou
The Promised Neverland (Non-Ranked)
My Hero Academia (CP)
Black Clover
World Trigger
Kochikame
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Souma
Samon the Summoner
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Takuan and Batsu’s Daily Demon Dairy
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Gintama
Toriko
Chronicle of Isobe -Life is Hard-

Shokugeki's rankings finally started to fall.

What does the non ranked bit mean for Neverland? They're not computing votes for it yet?

Also lol at One Piece beating Bleach's ending with an arc that has barely started properly.

What does the non ranked bit mean for Neverland? They're not computing votes for it yet?

Also lol at One Piece beating Bleach's ending with an arc that has barely started properly.

iirc

If its a new series it usually takes around 8 weeks until its officially ranked until then its placed by the publisher

Color pages aren't ranked in ToC since they're always at set places in the magazine. Though One Piece probably still beat Bleach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom