• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So now that bleach is over.
Any recommendations for a good action focused manga? Just looking for some good battles, likable characters and hopefully good art.
Oh and I also have little tolerance for extreme fan service like giant breasts, constant nudes and cleavage shots, Stuff like Fairy Tail is pretty close to the limit and that seems pretty mild compared to other mangas

From the top of my head I've read:
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, Berserk, Vagabond, Vinland Saga, Hunter X, SS The lost Canvas, One Punch Man, D.Gray Man, The Breaker (+ new waves, though that one was kinda bad), Shingeki no Kyojin, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia,, Gantz, Shaman King, probably some others I don't remember right now.

Waiting for the second seaso of The seven deadly sins so I'm not interested in the manga and I'm also going through Jojo in anime form so also no interest in the manga for now
I'd say Hajime no Ippo and Terraformars.

Arabesque

Just realized the new Jump series Love Rush! is from the mangka of E-Robot, any expectations I had for this manga have been deflated.

It's actually made me more curious to check it out. Especially with Viz running it despite E-Robot's negative reaction.

Also, from what I've seen from the colour page and panels, Yamamoto improved his art tremendously.

Mediking

Has anybody read any of the disaster known as Ultimo? Lol its a combo manga from Stan Lee and the guy who created Shaman King... Boy, was it bad.

Verelios

Any recommendations for a good action focused manga? Just looking for some good battles, likable characters and hopefully good art.
Oh and I also have little tolerance for extreme fan service like giant breasts, constant nudes and cleavage shots, Stuff like Fairy Tail is pretty close to the limit and that seems pretty mild compared to other mangas

Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, Berserk, Vagabond, Vinland Saga, Hunter X, SS The lost Canvas, One Punch Man, D.Gray Man, The Breaker (+ new waves, though that one was kinda bad), Shingeki no Kyojin, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia,, Gantz, Shaman King, probably some others I don't remember right now.

Waiting for the second seaso of The seven deadly sins so I'm not interested in the manga and I'm also going through Jojo in anime form so also no interest in the manga for now
There's was a patch in my life where I really enjoyed HS delinquent mangas, so I'm going to say give Worst a try. It has great memorable characters, action and intrigue(somewhat) with pretty much no fanservice at all. If you end up liking it then you can check out its prequel, Crows.

Edit: Ultimo had a good premise but ultimately bungled up its execution entirely with reincarnation fuckery and weird plot contrivances. I rather liked his other series Jumbor (?) or something because it felt like all the campy goofiness of Shaman King's beginning sequence dialed to 10. Basically the Horo Horo show.

Zweizer

Banned
Kase-san ch18

Not surprised, it was a cute apron.

Yuri Kuma Arashi ch27 (End) + Extra

Well it ended. It remained weird with the bear imagery, but overall it was a pretty unique and enjoyable yuri story, and Morishima Akiko's art was pleasant and felt appropriate..

Has anybody read any of the disaster known as Ultimo? Lol its a combo manga from Stan Lee and the guy who created Shaman King... Boy, was it bad.
I'm reading it, I'm on volume 11 I think. I am enjoying it, I would not call it a disaster. Stan lee makes a good bad guy. Characters have cool design and all. It's a good mix of Jumbor and Shaman king.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique

Feel Lucifer and The Biscuit Hammer is pretty obligatory. Though, it takes a minute for a really good fight to happen. Luckily, it's got the character in spade with some pretty minimum fan service.

Though, if you really just want a series of cool fights after fights with minimal story, Gamaran is just that, a series of really cool fights one after the other with minimal story. It's about this kid who is part of a city wide martial arts tournament to the death in the Edo period. Pretty good read, lots of really cool bits right from the getgo involving a wide cast of badasses on both sides(though truthfully, a lot are kinda bland as characters even though they do get a lot of really cool fights).

Revo

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 25-26

The world needs heroes!
But it'll have to settle for Naofumi and the bunch of doofuses.

I read like the first 20 or so chapters of it. I never really got into it, but it didn't seem like a disaster. At least from what I read anyway.

Super Danganronpa 2 - Chiaki Nanami's Goodbye Despair Quest 1

wkMBlNL.png

There're a number of these DR2 spinoffs around, but this one has Chiaki as the lead and is therefore the definitive version. It's a retelling of the game from her PoV, except it's missing a bunch of stuff that you'd reeeaally think should be there. Still, for the sake of the story I can understand why it's absent. Followed because Chiaki.

My Eyeballs Told Me To Dedicate Everything I Have To You: Last Part
An eye for an eye. I feared the worst (best) after the involuntary bondage play, but it turned out to have an oddly sweet resolution despite the subject matter. The anatomical issues are forgivable in the face of love + eyepatch moe x2. Looking forward to the rest of this compilation.

bobohoro

Fairy Tail 498

The first half was actually a pretty decent fight.
Sure enough, the second half of the chapter sees another senseless asspull that results in needless drama, probably some fanservicey romance and will have another inconsequential death somewhere down the road.
Sigh.

Moaradin

Maybe I'll actually check out BC with the anime if it is that. I just couldn't bother getting into the manga even though I have all the issues with it. Nothing about it stood out to me but I guess something must be working if it's so popular.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch392

What a warrior.

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan ch14

She's pretty persistent. Kenji just can't catch a break.

Precarious Woman Executive Miss Black General ch1 by Jin

Superheroes are all the rage nowadays.

But Ultimo is awesome, and the canon BL ship is great.

But more than that VICE (back from the dark) is the coolest.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...partial-lineup-teases-new-anime-title/.105604
New Jump anime getting announced at Jump Anime Festa --> Hint is that it's a series getting its first anime...

Is anyone here guessing that its not Black Clover?

I want BLAck Clover, if its Hinomaru Zumou...OVA episode only.

phaze

My --->Eyeballs <--- Told Me To Dedicate Everything I Have To You: Last Part

An eye for an eye. I feared the worst (best) after the involuntary bondage play, but it turned out to have an oddly sweet resolution despite the subject matter. The anatomical issues are forgivable in the face of love + eyepatch moe x2. Looking forward to the rest of this compilation.

How in the name of God, Mary, Joseph and all that is more or less holy, how do you people even find this stuff with such frequency.

How in the name of God, Mary, Joseph and all that is more or less holy, how do you people even find this stuff with such frequency.
Tag surfing will take you to magical places

Like that one manga about Sherlock Holmes being a crossdressing shota. Or the holy grail of doujins that makes a monkey suffer NTR.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My Eyeballs Told Me To Dedicate Everything I Have To You: Last Part
Beautiful ending. So i guess that mean they could share a bit of their vision now. A whole new world for them. A whole new world~ a new fantastic point of view~

Ane no Onaka wo Fukuramaseru no wa Boku 5

It's not that often we see a manga talking about seasoning a wok. But dear lord, eating fried rice for a whole week?

Mediking

I'm reading it, I'm on volume 11 I think. I am enjoying it, I would not call it a disaster. Stan lee makes a good bad guy. Characters have cool design and all. It's a good mix of Jumbor and Shaman king.

I read like the first 20 or so chapters of it. I never really got into it, but it didn't seem like a disaster. At least from what I read anyway.

But Ultimo is awesome, and the canon BL ship is great.

But more than that VICE (back from the dark) is the coolest.

The writing style was so obnoxious, couldn't read past the first chapter.

Ultimo had alotta potential. I tried my best to hang with it... but then a certain stuff started happening in the plot that really confused me.... in a bad way. And thanks for sharing your thoughts about Ultimo, you guys! I appreciate it! I love this thread!

pbayne

YuriKuma Arashi 25-27 End

It was a bit of a convoluted mess all told. Had some nice art though.

Hand-in-Hand Lovers (One-shot)

Meh, not even typical romance fodder, below average at best. Nothing to see here.

Ultraman Vol 2

Still very much in the set-up phase but i love this series. Favorite artstyle of any manga im currently following, manages to mix gritty realism with fantastical superhero/sentai OTT poses and badass action.

Love Rush 1

LOL at the ubermale gene. Like, the author realizes that it's stupid that some generic asshole always gets to be a harem protagonist, so of course he just comes up with a bullshit reason why every female is after his dick

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Maybe I'll actually check out BC with the anime if it is that. I just couldn't bother getting into the manga even though I have all the issues with it. Nothing about it stood out to me but I guess something must be working if it's so popular.

It's generic as fuck, but that's somehow enough for kids to rank it high.
Na- I mean Asta wants to be the Hok- I mean the Wizard King.
So he goes to Hog- I mean a magic school
But he has no magic (wah wah waaaaaaaah)

I don't get it.
It being "the appeal"
I mean, "junk food manga" is the best I've got.

Love Rush 1
Cqefk-lWEAA6Vni.jpg:small

lol Jump, I wont be tricked into following another series like this for the really attractive male character (Reiji looks really good in all his panels), thankfully with non human characters professing their love for him my interest in this manga drops to 0.1.

I don't get it.
It being "the appeal"

What? I think you means he joins Fairy Tai... I mean the magic knights black bulls

I don't get it.
It being "the appeal"
Its generic but at the same time kind of refreshing considering the path most battle shounens have gone. Its simple and has good humor. Sometimes you just want junk food as opposed to super complex food that has no taste.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Love Rush 1

... Nope.
Well, at least the protagonist has an excuse for girls wanting his dick, that's a tiny step-up. But this is still crap.

What? I think you means he joins Fairy Tai... I mean the magic knights black bulls

Oh right, it was Fai- I mean a group of knights and not a school. I just remember the whole grimore thing.

upandaway

Reminds me of that one time I found a doujin which was like 15 pages of no dialogue, purely someone fluffing a chick's hair in various poses

Nejimaki Seirei Senki &#8211; Tenkyou no Alderamin 22
Goddammit. I didn't ask for this.
At least bullshit something, cause that would have been an easier pill to swallow.

Legendary Moonlight Sculptor 53
Weed got an upgrade.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Love Rush 1

lol Jump, I wont be tricked into following another series like this for the really attractive male character (Reiji looks really good in all his panels), thankfully with non human characters professing their love for him my interest in this manga drops to 0.1.

This is literally Rito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom