• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

The censoring of panels in HxH is completely egregious. Sometimes an entire half of a panel is blacked out. Other times, it's covered with a grainy black square. Extremely frustrating.

Idol Na Kanojo To Wotaku Na Boku To 5

AvJUS0R.jpg

I regret to inform everyone that I am once again sleep-writing manga.

Rowena

Neo Member
Been putting these two series aside for a while now and I'm ready to start a new series. So I figured I'd ask your opinions to what I should start first between the two. Bakuman or Nisekoi.

dumbyugi

Been putting these two series aside for a while now and I'm ready to start a new series. So I figured I'd ask your opinions to what I should start first between the two. Bakuman or Nisekoi.

Bakuman is easily the better series overall. Nisekoi has a better ending though.

Sandfox

Bakuman and it's not even close.
Bakuman is easily the better series overall. Nisekoi has a better ending though.

I like that the Bakuman anime actually improved the ending a bit lol.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Bakuman, without a doubt. At least you'll learn something from Bakuman. Nisekoi is just your regular romcom

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The promised Neverland 3
Yeah, this is good. The main antagonist was clear and there's almost a zero chances this turn into shonen battle. There's enough mistery to keep the reader hooked. On the other hand, i doubt this is a long running series.

Immortal Hound 1-28

In the world of immortal, being a mortal is a crime, especially when you could infect another immortal and turn them into a mortal. The mortal human is called vector and they are hunted by the police. Thanks to a certain organization, those vector are saved by a group of escape artist.
So far it's good. There's a certain dark humor to it especially when a cold medicine is actually a suicide pill since immortal will immediately become healthy again after they got killed. And despite being brutal with a lot of head or limb blown off, it's not as gut wrenching as say Shigurui due to the art.

Then there's a way for vector to infect the immortal. The immortal must fall in love with said vector for him or her to get infected with mortality, so there's one part where the protagonist try to infect one of the police and result in awkward date chapter. Yeah, it's hilarious

Citation needed. The claims of Kubo being mistreated by the Jump editorial seems more and more like something made up than backed up by evidence.

If anything, Jump editors seem to be on the better side, compared to Magazine or Sunday's that are the stuff of nightmares.

In the same video it's also commented the problems with his writing, and how in the end he is the type of author moved by 'drawing cool shit'.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch393

He sure is competitive about it.

New Game: The Spinoff! ch4-5

Surprisingly, Chinatsu manages to be an actual sensei sometimes.

Kingdom ch486

Diplomacy can be confusing. With this guy I have no idea what to expect, but since he came all the way here I guess it's probably not war.

The Ancient Magus' Bride ch31

Such a troublesome child.

Tokyo DTED ch19

Oh boy, this won't end well.

DEAD Tube ch23

Throwing out Knox's commandments at the end doesn't make this any less bullshit.

Jintor

landed in osaka from kl at eight in the morning, slept for three hours in a manga cafe (cheaper than taking a 'rest' in a hotel), hit up denden town, finally back to an apartment and my actual luggage. think i'm at my weight/carry limit.

i'll give mangaf a full review of the shit i bought over the last two years soon, but the only thing i've actually been reading was Delusion Telepathy (still no translate i think). I did manage to pick up The Private Report on Depression/Lesbianism which looks good but I don't have the time to go through just right now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In the same video it's also commented the problems with his writing, and how in the end he is the type of author moved by 'drawing cool shit'.

They gave him the opportunity to go out on his own terms with a final arc, which he then proceeded to drag out for over 4 years, instead of cancelling him outright. Dude took advantage and they let him until they got sick of it.

TheFlow

Banned
I have been tackling a lot of Manga that has been on my to read list now that bleach is over.

So far I caught up with all of Onepunchman and now it is one of my favorite manga of all time. Not only is it funny but the action panels are amazing.

On to berserk

Kingdom 486

Diplomacy sure is complicated.

Golden Kamui 63

Now we have a monster that eat horses and a bona fide American in the fray.

Poor seal tho. Arsipa hunger is such a monster.

Revo

Fudatsuki no Kyoko-chan 14

Hide and seek and hide and seek tag are two totally different things. Can't just make it the tag version mid game!

Mediking

Bakuman is one of my favorite manga of all time. You gotta read it. The emotions you will feel... there's ALOTTA SYMBOLISM IN IT TOO.

Jintor

Oku-san 1-7

Fantastic, lively art, but was afraid it was going to just be the one-note joke of "Sexy but naieve housewife interacts with whoever" over and over again (saw like 8 volumes at the store and groaned internally). It kinda still is, but it got a lot more fun when the gym got introduced, the other housewives got introduced, and darling finally made a proper appearance.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
How? How will they right the world and take down the people eating monsters?

Well, since this is a survival manga, i think them getting out of the farm is the current goal. As for taking down the monsters... depend on how the story goes, they could for example find a group of adult and let the adult kill the monster without them getting involved. Or, destroy whatever supply chain and make the monster starve to death. There are multiple ways to end this without this turning into battle shonen.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san 2

RIP Braveman dignity.

Golden Kamuy 63

I've been waiting for this chapter for this exact moment. Asirpa beating the shit out of seal using a stick. It's been a while since the last culinary chapter. Nothing else can be said other than this manga is an example of making a good informative manga while still being entertaining.

Idol Na Kanojo To Wotaku Na Boku To 5

Being handcuffed and getting a footjob is something that looks really normal when compared to previous chapter pee 'accident'

Wiseblade

I have been tackling a lot of Manga that has been on my to read list now that bleach is over.

So far I caught up with all of Onepunchman and now it is one of my favorite manga of all time. Not only is it funny but the action panels are amazing.

On to berserk
Bleach was keeping you from reading One Punch Man and Berserk? That's tragic.

Jintor

idol na kanojo to wotaku na boku to 1-6

this might be something i want to save up and binge, each chapter isn't quite punchy enough - feels like it has a 'climax moment' it wants to hit but doesn't have enough build. also, jesus christ.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Golden Kamuy ch. 63

Yo, Asirpa suddenly clubbing the fuck out of a seal should not be this funny. This manga sometimes, man.

phaze

Tag surfing will take you to magical places

Like that one manga about Sherlock Holmes being a crossdressing shota. Or the holy grail of doujins that makes a monkey suffer NTR.

i once found a shoujo about a man who is trying to convince his best friend to stop dating and sleeping with chickens

Reminds me of that one time I found a doujin which was like 15 pages of no dialogue, purely someone fluffing a chick's hair in various poses

I'm not sure why this turned into: "Let's reminisce about our most reprehensible finds in the depths of the Internet but sure why not.
The world is a wonderous place, provided you have an open mind ripe for expanding your horizons~

Your minds are ripe for something alright. ;p

Boku no Hero Academia 94
14560104491959mk1d.gif

Shit, stuff like this always gets to me.

Ray Down

Banned
Thx for the advice everyone. Will check some of them out and report back once I've found something I like.

As a side note. Is D Grey Man worth going back to? I remember really liking it, then it went on Hiatus because the author got sick or something. Then it came back and both the art and storytelling were really weird

I would say so, especially since you can read everything in one straight go instead of waiting three months.

Then again I may be biased, I'm the biggest D.Gray-Man fan.

dramatis

Say, maybe Jump should publish more whacky sport manga so they can cruise to easy collabs for Tokyo 2020

This calls for shounen golf manga

Citation needed. The claims of Kubo being mistreated by the Jump editorial seems more and more like something made up than backed up by evidence.

If anything, Jump editors seem to be on the better side, compared to Magazine or Sunday's that are the stuff of nightmares.

nah its way easier to blame a faceless and nebulous entity like "The Editors" like they were the Majestic 12 when you don't know anything.

bobohoro

I'm fairly sure we haven't started that conversation and god willing we never will

I shuddered.

Domestic Na Kanojo 86

Well of course something like this has to happen. Thinks were going well after all.
It can't get any more predictable.
And now Hina will be back somehow.
And Rui will go to Europe to study cooking.
And Natuso will be at the airport, waiting, because reasons.
And 5 years later everyone will be dead.
Maybe.
Why should I care.

Tomo-chan 393

A real pain in the ass.

Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san

Black General is girl of forever. This shit is adorable, just like every other manga by this dude.

Promised Neverland 3

YO

YO MAMA

Stop freaking me out, Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom